Thread: texas

Thanks

texas

is anyone in here from texas? i just moved to dallas and im not finding much here...if youre asking why i moved to dallas its because i just got a job as an art director at a company called reelfx (www.reelfx.com) anyways yes im bored yes i dont know whats going on...anyone wanna help???

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    I am in Dallas, originally from Houston. Houston has headache-inducing air and it rains mosquitos, but I think Dallas is quite nice. I think you'll find living in Texas is a great deal overall. You're surrounded by gregarious people armed with serious shotguns, and if the US turns into a fascist police state we can always secede from the Union; and if they try and take us over, they will be beaten back, despite enormous odds, by the combined might of the Texas National Guard, the Texas Rangers, The Dallas Stars, and the General Populace. Remember the Alamo!
    - Rockstar Ninja Artist Extraordinaire

Thanks
    hey Mr. Chinese Jet Pilot

I'm in Lewisville just north of you. Welcome to DFW. I guess you would be working for/with Trayc McKissick there? she's super cool.

mitch
    There was much rejoicing in the realm of the Harvest Gods when man created the beer, light could not penetrate.

Thanks
    Cool, I know that Jake Parker of www.agent44.net will be working there too. You'll probably be working pretty closely with him, as he is a very talented concept artist. Reelfx must be planning something big...

I lived in Texas for about eight years. four and a half in San Antonio and three and a half in Wichita Falls. I loved living in San Antonio, although I could do without the killer heat, fire ants, flash floods, and droughts....

Thanks
    yup been workin with jake for about 2 weeks now...great guy and great artist...

as far as reelfx goes were concentrating on the gi joe movie for right now...some other stuff here and there...lots of stuff with william joyce

Thanks
    im in Dallas.. but im about to move to Austin very shortly.

damnit, why have i never heard of reelfx? ive been trying to avoid having to move to seek employment out here but it seems to be enevidable. the job market for games in dallas is totally saturated right now. plus ive worked at or with most of the dev houses here and id really like to move on to greener pastures.

i would have plagued you guys with my portfolio if id known about you sooner.

awww fart.

-Lono

Thanks
    were over by the west end...biggest thing weve done is for spy kids 2. i know theres a game company in west end called "ritual" that my friend works for. www.reelfx.com

i was in austin about a month ago...i hated it...ive heard its one of those towns you either love or hate...

Thanks
    Texas rules! I live in Dallas and I like it. I didn't know reel fx was in the west end.
    I've been at Ritual for the past month and a half. It's really cool. A few more conceptart.org members are at ritual or have been at one time.
    Hey Lono, where are you gonna be working in Austin?

Anyway, welcome to Dallas chinese jet pilot.
    stuff

Thanks
    i know sean at ritual...a couple of us from reelfx went out to lunch with him and a few other guys from ritual..were you one of the other guys? anyways what do you guys normally do around here? im bored as hell and i cant think of a thing to draw for my life.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,221 Times in 134 Posts
    I live in Austin,

been here for over 2 years now, I enjoy living here alot. the best thing about Texas is that its not California. I hope you like your new home. Say Hi to Shawn and Limbert for me, those guys are a blast to hang out with. all us Texas artists need to hook up one night and drink some lone star together .

Thanks
    Thats a great idea, too bad I'm underage.

I live in Houston, where the greatest figure drawing class on the planet is. hell yeah

:chug:

clay
    Don't interrupt me when I'm doing my art or
    you'll destroy my future

Thanks
    hah! yah man, i use to work for Ritual. i was on FAKK and another unnamed project that never hit the shelves.
    Hey tarwater, im sitting in a room with Tom, Josh, Squirell and Benson at this moment. thats funny.
    tom said they just hired a new web guy who also does concept art. is that you?

im actually going to be working for a new game company in austin that is founded by an ex ritual owner.
    im sure youve heard about it. they just went public last week
    and as i hear it there was a lot of stirred emotions about it around your office.
    it doesnt bother me at all. ive always remained on the outside of the drama. i just think its funny.

fucking small world man.

chinese jet pilot: oh man.. i love austin. granted ive never actually lived there, but ive been traveling there for shows and whatnot ever since ive been able to drive.
    cool town,, but i can see how the buisyness and crowdedness could grate on ones nerves.

-Lono

Thanks
    chinese jet pilot - I don't seem to remember going to lunch with any reelfx guys so I don't think I was there. I'm still not too familiar with half the programmers and level designers.

Lono - That's cool, I know what company your talking about. I'm not the web guy you speak of, and I don't think I've met him yet. I'll find him today.

Android - I think a bunch of us Dallas dudes should gather up and come down there to Austin some weekend and enjoy some brewskies.:chug:
    stuff

Thanks
    Hey Mike, I'll fire up the Bug, let's hit it!!!

mitch

texas
    Last edited by mcotie; March 11th, 2003 at 04:31 AM.
    There was much rejoicing in the realm of the Harvest Gods when man created the beer, light could not penetrate.

Thanks
    Originally posted by Nimrod
    if they try and take us over, they will be beaten back, despite enormous odds, by the combined might of the Texas National Guard, the Texas Rangers, The Dallas Stars, and the General Populace. Remember the Alamo!
    Don't forget the Dallas Cowboys

Thanks
    Sweet! We'll have to see which time is good for everyone, and do a little plannin', so we can go sometime in the next few weeks. Killer!:beer:
    stuff

Thanks
    word,, i still owe mitch a beer,, or six.

-Lono

Thanks
    chinese jet pilot: Welcome to Dallas. I'm a character artist over at Ritual. Tarwater pointed me to this thread so I thought I'd say hey!

Lono: Sorry to hear that you’re moving away but it's great news about the job. Heh, yea there was a little mumbling going on around the office about the opening of that new company. Rob in particular. Good luck with it! I still love the concepts you did for our "other" game that never made it.

- BoBo