Thanks
    Thanked 1,218 Times in 254 Posts

I hate Xbox, EA, EBgames/Gamespot

I'm getting really sick of the game industry.

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    What happened dawgs...

Why XBox?

EA i knw why..i hate them equally as much...

EBGames...not sure, are you upset they sold themselves to GameStop...
    wouldn't that be a good thing, at least Big K didn't buy them...

K-Mart is one of the reasons most games a censored and why most games that come out are franchises...

or am i misinformed..

Thanks
    Thanked 2,063 Times in 830 Posts
    psychonauts didn't come out on pc at release date,that's it.
    Sketchbook

Sketchbooks of inspiration:
    Marc Taro|Maxetormer|ZhuZhu|Jeri|Dobu]

Always think about:
    lighting! design! perspective! proportion!
    And (self)motivation is still everything.

Thanks
    the only bad thing with the xbox is that it sounds almost as much as my desktop computer. I hate when things make lots of noise. Why am I using my laptop when my desktop computer is right beside me?
    Other than that, the xbox is really a dream machine, so stop complaining they're almost giving it away for free, and with some modifications you can make it a totally awesome (wireless, if you want) network player. I have music and movies stored on my server and use Xbox Media Center to play almost everything I throw at it. I believe you can even have it connect to that iTunes server you're running on your uNSLUnged NSLU2

As for games on an xbox...I really don't care. it is a media machine in disguise.

Thanks
    i'm sick of xbox's exclusive bullshit they are pulling ALL over the place, games that are coming out for other systems have commerials that end with xbox advertisements,

both psychonauts and splinter cell 3 came out for multple flatforms at the same time, yet gamespot stores only have xbox verisons on their shelves. Which is utter bullshit.

And now that gamestop and ebgames are one store, who the hell is there to go to? Bestbuy and compusa clearly don't know whats up...

There's no small and sucessful gaming businesses now, if they even get remotely popular they are bought out.

and EA is just a evil piece of crap that is doing the same thing mircosoft is doing with the xbox. Exclusive rights to make NCAA games? Wtf... next they will buy the rights to have shoes on their characters.

i'm sick getting viley sick of the way things are going for the industry.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by davi
    Wtf... next they will buy the rights to have shoes on their characters.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!

Thanks
    i like my PSP thats all i have to say. and that is intersting that gamspot and eb only put xbox ver on shelf. i wonder if they do that here.

Thanks
    the psp is an ok idea but not for it's price. Seriously... i've heard people say things like "wow, i can't believe i can play dvds anywhere with it"

yah that's an awesome idea. espically when portable dvd players came out...5 years ago....

COME ON PEOPLE.

*flips out and stabs himself with a pencil*

Thanks
    EA truly is evil. Especially with their crappy soundtracks that they put on their games. Some of their games are great, but who the hell wants to play Burnout 3 with Franz Ferdinand playing in the background. It just doesnt fit. There are other reasons too, but i wont get into dat. Gamestop/EBgames are teh suck. ps3 will own all.
    Da Vinci was a concept artist
    11/30/03-11/30/05. Thanks CA, for all the great inspiration. When will I update? I dont know...
    ' DSB!

Thanks
    Gamecrazy is a pretty cool store. You can go in there and have the attendant open any game in the store and play it. And I'm not just saying that because I used to work there : P

The only thing good Xbox has is halo, without that series it would have been over for them a long time ago.
    N & B

~Sketches

Thanks
    I agree, the X-box has so much exclusive crap, that is well, crap.

The PS2, while outdated, has the largest game library, and has a good amount of incredable games.

The Gamecube has a larger library the the box, and very entertaining games.

You're right though, Halo is the only reason the box is still about. They know it, and are going to milk it, I'm not sure how long the Xbox 2 will last, and honestly I hope not long.

I keep imagining one day, the great companies will band together and storm EA's evil fortress, and destroy the gaming cauldron of medicore games. NOW!

Uh...rant over.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,309 Times in 389 Posts
    I haven't bought a new game in ages. I did buy some NES classics for the GBA though (32 USD each). New games here are nearly 80USD. A new movie DVD or Music CD is 30 USD. Guess who's not buying anything...

Now when I'm on ADSL I can get great music and games free, because believe it or not, there's a lot of good free stuff out there. Being a retro gamer helps!
    Jamen jag tror att han skäms, och har gömt sig. Vårt universum det är en av dom otaliga spermasatser som Herren i sin självhärliga ensamhet har runkat fram för å besudla intet.

Thanks
    I'll say it once, I'll say it again....

X-box= $200 halo machine.

Fuck FPS's. And unless your a hardcore fighting game fan/port fan it's utter crap. The only redeeming quality is that you can get it modded to play roms, but that's it. Fuck you microsoft. Fuck you indeed.

-tiny
    Being stubborn towards humanity since 1982

Thanks
    i agree... i also went to go buy sc3 on PC at EB Games... but of course it wasn't there. fucking faggot america fucks kill 'em all

Thanks
    I agree with everything Davi says

Although I also think that all this crap right now is really silly through another perspective. 10 or 20 years ago in gaming we didn't have this much drama, because gaming was considered a Hobby, now it's all over MTV, top headlines on ABC News and even people are wearing Mario Icons on there T-Shirts (Uh..... yes, I do have one of those shirts). It might also have to do with the whole entertainment industry dumbing itself down to appeal to a broader audience. Instead of watching the latest Bond film we go out of our way to play Metal Gear of Splinter Cell; instead of listening to Britney Spears of Mettalica we listen to Final Fantasy or Katamari Damacy; or instead of watching the show Friends we play the Sims. Why waste an hour and a half watching Resident Evil movie when you can spend 20 hours playing Resident Evil the game?

the only way I can handle the video game industry news is view it as a satire

I like a few games on the X-Box, but when I see it on someone's entertainment center it looks like one Big Penis complex.

I was always afraid of EA before what happened recently.... it's those White Madden Boxes, it creeps me out how there are massive lines in my local video game store with people intent on buying these White boxes. It's like something about of the Twilight Zone episode "To Serve Man," and when these Madden fans come in to buy the game they don't have any consideration they just slap there money and shot "Madden." It's a new level of brainwashing, since basically it's the same game year after year.

I think Penny Arcade said it best, In the future we are just going to see all video game stores with the white boxes titles "EA's - Game."

Thanks
    Thanked 3,153 Times in 1,066 Posts
    Xbox sucks. I hate it. I wish it will go away. All Xbox is for is to make microsoft more money. And this new bull about how the 360 will be a revolution gaming is a real messed up. Nintendo is the only game company, i feel, that has truly revolutionized the gaming industry. Now you got microsoft is going to reveal it before E3 on mtv, which is a giant plubicity stunt to draw in more buyers. They are especially trying to go after younger kids by make the Xbox look cool, so little kids will want it just for the looks. I bet if you ask people in middle school which console they want/have most will say Xbox. And dont get me started on Halo. XBOX IS THE BIGGEST SCAM IN GAMMING. Everybody acts like its so much better with its internal memory, yeah that worked out, the friggen thing weighs about a ton and as big as my breifcase. And a lot of the games you get for xbox can be bought for pc. Basically, Xbox sucks the Majority Cock.

Now, as for gamespot i have no grudge because I dont use it, no EB, I ether get my games/consoles from walmart or bestbuy.

As for EA the best thing they did was the sims, which was a good concept, but had a mediocre execution. The other games they make are pure crap, and they are remaking some good games into shat.

Thats my abe change on it.
    Long live Sony and Nintendo!
    "Astronomy offers an aesthetic indulgence not duplicated in any other field. This is not an academic or hypothetical attraction and should require no apologies, for the beauty to be found in the skies has been universally appreciated for unrecorded centuries."

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckWeisel
    All Xbox is for is to make microsoft more money.
    Uhhh... obviously. Why else would a company make a console?

Now you got microsoft is going to reveal it before E3 on mtv, which is a giant plubicity stunt to draw in more buyers.
    And the inventor of marketing once again rests peacefully.

XBOX IS THE BIGGEST SCAM IN GAMMING.
    How is it a scam? It's a machine that claims to play games, and it does exactly that. It's not like they trick you into buying it.

Everybody acts like its so much better with its internal memory.
    Both the PS3 and the Revolution are going to have an internal harddrive. X-Box 360 won't.

the friggen thing weighs about a ton and as big as my breifcase.
    Dude! I totally never noticed that before!

I can see criticizing the X-Box for a lot of things (I know I do), but criticizing it because Microsoft wants you to buy it and advertise it for that purpose is just silly. Every company wants you to buy their product so they can make money.

In other news, no store I have checked in the last two weeks has gotten Psychonauts yet. PC or X-Box version. What's up with that?!

0kelvin
    (in asshole mode)
    www.WhereIsMyEyeball.com My portfolio! Go check it out!
    Sketchbook

Thanks
    I think they should have a gmaing comittee that decides whether games can be produced or not, by looking at the composers, animators, their backgrounds, have all the staff on file allthe time, like a filter. Not just approve every freaking game. 'BARBIE HORSE ADVENTURES!!! YAY!'

'HARRY POTTER AND THE FANCIFUL WEED TREE!'

'NICKELODEON'S UNPRONBOUNCEABLE TITLE OF CHILDISHNESS FRACNSHISE!"

Thanks
    Guys, there's this thing, I think it's called the "internet", and I may be wrong, but I've been told that you can purchase goods from certain "websites" and those goods will be delivered straight to your house. Or even straight to your HD! WOW! Talk about progress!

(Fuck stores, they're generally overpriced anyways. And I hate EB too. crappy store with a pathetic selection. Or at least that's what the one near me was like.)

Es fließt durch meine Venen, Es schläft in meinen Tränen
    Es läuft mir aus den Ohren, Herz und Nieren sind Motoren

Thanks
    Thanked 3,153 Times in 1,066 Posts
    I can see criticizing the X-Box for a lot of things (I know I do), but criticizing it because Microsoft wants you to buy it and advertise it for that purpose is just silly. Every company wants you to buy their product so they can make money.
    Im alright with a company raping my wallet, as long as I get off too. Microsoft dosnt care about games, all it is to make money. At least Nintendo cares about the gamers, and care about making good games (im not talking externaly made games). Im just tired of everyone making the Xbox out to be the best console when its not. The only thing its got going for it is Halo and good online capabilities. Its too bad that Unreal Championship 2 is on there I like the unreal series alot. I think Gamecube has the best graphics, PS2 has the best games (except Metroid and UC2), and Xbox has good networking. But now im off subject so ill shut up.
    "Astronomy offers an aesthetic indulgence not duplicated in any other field. This is not an academic or hypothetical attraction and should require no apologies, for the beauty to be found in the skies has been universally appreciated for unrecorded centuries."

Thanks
    i wish sega consoles were still being made.... *sigh*
    "One needs a certain humility to learn, arrogance never does good." Chiseledrocks.com article

BuckWeisel- Hey man, I got to stand up for EA's games. Have you ever played battlefield 1942? That game was great when it first came out. Of course, now there are some other games that might have surpassed it in interest, but it was good for a time. As for the sports games, not so hot on those. But they make the dollars, so its appealing to some audience out there.

-britt

Thanks
    britt: developping a game and producing it are two different stories.

*cough*dice*cough*

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Wisdom_Cube
    i wish sega consoles were still being made.... *sigh*
    Seconded.

-tiny

Thanks
    3rd, still have my Master System 2 .
    /fd
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does?"

Thanks
    I just bought a Gamegear, it's awesome I never could affort it when it was on the shelves. I almost play more shinobi on it then I play on my psp lol

Thanks
    Yeah, sega was an awesome company, to bad they pretty much did themselves in with the 32x/Saturn in the 16/32-bit era. The dreamcast was a damn good console, but the market(especially the american one) just didn't support it either. And its a shame that alot of the great japanese titles on the dreamcast never made it over here. Oh well, at least they still make games right?

-tiny