Fantasy Warrior

Join 500,000+ artists on ConceptArt.Org.

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Fantasy Warrior

Thanks

Fantasy Warrior

Draw and Create a Fantasy Warrior, bad or good, it doesn't matter, orcs, humans, or your own creation. Make it detailed, the winner's and runner ups' drawing will go in my Concept Art collection for my game that I'm designing and once game is complete (LONG TIME) you may see your creation. Let your imagination go wild with these very open-ended challenge!

Note: Since you are entering this contest with your creation I will notify you if you are a winner and I will ask if I can use without fee.

Have Fun!
    Jon

Due Date: Original: May 15 / Extension: June 1
    Extension due to lack of replies.

Last edited by Jon; May 14th, 2005 at 12:36 PM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    wait so let me get this straight, your going to pit people against each other get them to create work, that you can then steal to put in your game, without acctually doing any yourself. Because its somthing your to lazy to do yourself, pay for, or your project isnt going well enough that anyone want to join it anyway.
    you do realise most people here could get paid for the work they do, and most certainly expect it, when it will be used for someone elses project. So if everyone participates here the coolest concepts MAY appear in your game, for free?

yea sounds like a fair deal.

Sketch Book
    rook-art.com
    Quote Originally Posted by dogfood
    Sarcasm sometimes grips me like an octopus helmet.

Thanks
    i'm in.

:slides pants down and lubes up his asshole:

go ahead.

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒

Thanks

Thanks
    erm... I´d like to be able to put this in more gentle terms but

HELL NO!

Thanks

Contest

It's just a fun contest where the winner recieves an award of being in a game.

Anything Wrong?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bizarre
    i'm in.

:slides pants down and lubes up his asshole:

go ahead.
    reminds me of the Gearge Carlin routine:
    "Whoever coined the phrase, `Let the buyer beware!' was probably bleeding from the asshole!"

Thanks
    hey, Glikster get your head out of your ass dude.. Too much ass talk here.. anyways, to be honest.. Personally i wouldnt even care of this dude took my work sold it off and made a game.. im not making any money off of it so it would basically be something to do... I would however tell MR.Jon that I own the rights to teh character and therefore would not be his but mine so I would need full recognition that the character was created by me... Thats if this "game" were to ever happen.. anways thats my Two-Cents..

I see what your saying Rook but, the guys who get paid foer this sort of thing would never do it.. Its the guys like me that would...

Mainloop- man i must be dyslexic.. cuz i thought you asked how many people are on lsd

SketchBook
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=237554

Thanks
    This is probably not the place to propound the virtues of a free-market economy, but every time you give something away that has value (for anyone), you decrease the value of all of the related products. There is certainly the adage that you get what you pay for (which is what I am certain Jon will get), there is a widely held belief by many artists seeking work that if they give it away for free for a while, it will secure them employment (there are some women who hold the same beliefs about sex and marraige). Since there are a host of artists in the middling stages, those entitites who are satisfied with that level of work will never have to pay for it. Once an artist starts asking for money, they go to the next free one. Until an artist breaks that critical skill level, he will not get paid. If artists start doing absolutely no production work for free, then companies will be forced to pay for it. The result: more artists get work (and costs go up, which translate to higher prices and perhaps less work overall, the savage circle). Of course, this requires a level of solidarity rare in most groups, almost non-existant in others.

I can't recall the exact quote, but Sergio Aragone was asked at a con how much one of his drawings cost and how long did it take him to draw it. The reply of $100 and 10 minutes startled the person and asked why 10 minutes work was worth $100. The reply was that it wasn't the 10 minutes that was worth the money, it was the 40 years of experience that allowed him to do the work in 10 minutes.

Thanks
    I understand what your trying to say Dogfood but, there are some artists that will take a valuable learning exeprience from doing work for free.. I have many friends in both the drawing/ illustration and graphic design markets and all have done work for free at one point or anothe, either for exposure purposes or to do someone a favor (or barter if they will). For instance.. Someone (a graphic designer) working for a small or new start up magazine that needs some spot illos... They cant pay the artists for the illos but they get the exposure in hopes that if the magazine does take off that the magazine will scracth their back on the free commisioned work they performed for them... Personally this is something that I would take as both a learning experience (learn how to meet a deadline, work within constrained parameters, and how to create work while be supervised by a director) all very valuable lessons to be learned... anyways.. I dont ever think this game will take off but, if something out there seemed to be more seriuos and there are beginning stages implemented with a proposal for selling it, I would jump on the oppertunity... That be game or anything else... When your hungry for success you do what you need to do to succeed and if that means donating some artwork then be it! My two cents.

Mainloop- man i must be dyslexic.. cuz i thought you asked how many people are on lsd

SketchBook

Thanks
    I agree that there are valid reasons where an artist can barter his work for exposure, but there are many companies out there that are less than scrupulous and solicit work strictly for the concept aspect, where the artist receives nothing (you can practice getting things in on time here at CA with the multitude of activities and for some practice working under a DA, try Rick Hershey's Illustration activity thread).

Thanks
    Well, yeah. I dont want to go back and forth with you on this topic.. the bottom line is that not everyone is going to be friendly with your artwork... People are always going to steal your work one way or another... Im sure that are hundreds of people on this foru, alone that has put someone elses artwork on their computer as a background or some sort of screensaver... Im sure they never asked for permission from the creator either.. Having that said... in the words of a wise man.. MORE DRAWING AND LESS TYPING>!

SketchBook

Thanks
    Here-here. I like going back and forth, though, as you have very valid points. I guess I've never been to afraid of my own work being stolen (and would be mighty flattered if any ever made it to a stranger's computer screen), due to the low overall quality.

OK, no more hi-jacking this thread.

Thanks
    Hey, DogFood.... Being that we went back and forth on this whole topic lets a do a battle sometime... Im nt sure i could swing one right now but, soon.. I have a few thing i need to finish up before hand but, keep in touch.. Im going to start posting more work soon... So check in my sketchbook to see some updates.. good chatting with you

SketchBook

Thanks
    I'm in

My Sketchbook
    ^keep me going by visiting my sketchbook^

Thanks

If you use it I want a special thank you in the credits

My Sketchbook
    ^keep me going by visiting my sketchbook^

Thanks
    Here's mine! You'll probably want to base most of your characters on this awesome design.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.