Sketchbook: Lost in a sea of creativity (NSFW/56k) - - updated Aug 10 2009 - Page 7

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop
Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    haha, digging your anthro like characters. Your take on a werewolf is really interesting man, and the bird dude has some sweet personality, dig how the wing turns into a hand like limb. Digging the variety in this last dump, cool cars, weapons, characters, you got it all. The rythm and flow in your fine arts stuff gets better as it goes. Sweet.

TUNAFISH SAMMICHES?!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Awesome shit all-round man, guns,cars,wolfes,birdies etc are all badass. Love how you redrew the wings on the bird using postit notes, brilliant!
    Nothing to crit this update, only thing i can crit about the previous one is that the last drawing of the guy leanin forward couldve had a lot more emphasis on the spine and shoulders to convey the weight he was putting down. The lighter lines there kill the tension.

Nikola Odic
    sketchbook
    site
    you got them purty lips, boy

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Your work is freaking! And your schoolwork is amazing too. Damn, I'm a graphic design student but we learn shit in school. They put somethings in front of us and say 'draw that!'. I know we draw it, I have drawn many things before but I Think they need to teach some basics before saying that. No structure was teached. Nothing! Thats a crap system. I don't like it. I'm working hard to get in another school. We haven't even drawn a nude figure! ( Don't know if its legal at schools but i think it has a big role at learning human anatomy. )

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Spent 3 hours on this one, hopefully I captured my likeness a bit better! Was aiming for a darker self portrait, without being too cheesey. I think i failed.

Sirio_Brozzi: Thanks man! appreciate the kind words.

SirGreensock: Thanks dude! yes, youve just witnessed a classic animator trick! (post its make due for wonderful corrections)

eXceptioN: Well, technically im not really taught anything either. Its pretty much what you go through, except we get more specific assignments, with teachers there to critique you if you want it. Basically the more you put into researching stuff for school assignments, the more it pays off, the better you get. I dunno if thats legal where you are, but it is here and man Im so thankful! It really is helpful.

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Amazing Action Ape; February 11th, 2007 at 12:42 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,102 Times in 781 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Nice sp's! :] I need to get into this stuff.

I like your style, I don't know how to describe it. ;] Keep doing sp and/or studying reference. Cheers!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I'm digging that last sp. Actually all of your last updates are top notch. The racecar painting is a little weak, though. I don't really know where to look. The saturation is kinda all over the place, there isn't a very concrete focal point. I think a lot of this stems from the car's colours and the sky's colours being so similar. Take this with a grain of salt, you're far above my skill level.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Newest and probably the last version of the self portrait. Ive kind of turned myself into an Ape style mr sinister. LOL I should work a bit more on the hair, I just noticed some tangent lines! CURSES!
    Also a friend of mine pointed out the patterns on the face flatten too, Ill have to tweak those as well.

MattGamer: Thanks dude! I dont know how to describe my style either! maybe a kinetic ape like lyrical flowing animated comicbook thing? oh I wont ever stop studying.

Ryn: Thanks My painting skill level is still far below anything else I can do! Hence my current focus on trying to level it up Looking forward to seeing your sheridan portfolio!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey, the newest portrait is looking really good thus far. I'm eager to see how you handle the designs on the face and whatnot.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    http://www.youtube.com/v/Gfhh2O8LnYI

http://www.youtube.com/v/Wa8NgjaT_tY

Lots of stuff to still be fixed on the korgoth head rotation. Namely some tweaks in the rotation itself, as well as more anticipation on the cup, during drinking, slowing down the wipe of the face, and some more character into the lipsync (which isnt even registerable in this crappy quality) I also added the finished pink panther walk cycle we had to do.

EDIT: I couldnt figure how to embed the video into the post, if anyone knows how, send me a PM please!

Kennygeeze: THanks dude The prefinal is up, made mself look like a playing card !

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    You're a beast.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Nice job on that korgoth rotation dude, couldnt get that walkcycle to work though.

TUNAFISH SAMMICHES?!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    amaaaaazing lines man, sooooo good!

I love the weight, and your gestures are sooo fluent and bold.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,102 Times in 781 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    I don't think you can embed video on the CA Forums. I have tried. Heh.

I posted comments on your vids. ;] Way sweet.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Just a small update, some sketchpages from a few weeks back, will be posting newer stuff soon! uhh yeah.. never really know what to say here. lol

Quinster: I prefer the term, intellectual ape of amazing action, although most enjoy stereotyping me as your typical beast, yes. Thanks

Sirio_Brozzi: Thanks man, Ill be posting up the final soon enough. The panther walk should work now.

Zacharybear: Thanks man!

Mattgamer: Yeah, makes sense now. Thanks for the comment

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Was wondering where you had run off to! That profile drawing of that sharp featured dude next to the joker sketch really stood out, some really neat stylization. Dug your head stuffs.

TUNAFISH SAMMICHES?!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Lookin good ape, though that gouache study could be better. Its washed out and dull, looks like you were afraid to get thicker and go for more contrast.

Nikola Odic
    sketchbook
    site
    you got them purty lips, boy

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    just finished this character design assignment last night, its due today lol. The background was incredibly rushed, however the assignment never asked for one, it was extra, so its only purpose is to push the character. Im gonna retool the background later on. Oh yeah, the cup was added to the first 2 frames, but forgot to resave the jpegs. oh well.

Sirio_brozzi: Im always around Thanks man

SirGreensock: Actually, I ran that page through photoshop, and the auto functions took away some of its glitz and glamour. But I do need to keep striving for greater contrast in my paintings. Thanks for the reminder

Thanks
    Thanked 1,585 Times in 604 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    good stuff, & love the last piece(s)

SB. p31 updated 25.04.2012.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    it would help to change up the flame in the candle, mr. chicken man

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=no2SzuOW3hU

The latest version of my korgoth animation for school.

Dan Liimatta: Thanks bro

Babee fre5h: Its cardinal damnit! AND IM AN APE! hahahaha

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    DUUUUUUUUUUUUDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! !!!
    that last animation rocked my socks!! can I become your apprentice?
    I so wanna learn to do that!!! imo the best draftsmen have some
    animator blood in them, knowing how to use the main rhythms
    of the body, and give life to a character, all those things are key
    to make a good illustration and you sir are well on your way
    to know how to do those things, very, VERY well

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Nice last set, only thing is the current angle of the shot, its canted(tilted), and that typically is used to convey something amiss or creepy..Which doesnt really fit the mood here too much. Hoping to see an animated version of this nonetheless, really liked the character design.

TUNAFISH SAMMICHES?!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    sketches from the zoo, and well. the sketchbook. Was hard to do studies of animals because of the distance away from them, my lack of knowledge on their anatomy and skeletal systems, as well as the fact that they just slept all day.

Maxetormer: Hahaha, your comments are awesome dude! My apprentice? well im still learning myself man! maybe in a few years eh? This is true my friend! all of those factors are very important in creating illustrations that are full of life! After all animation is all about the illusion of life, several of the things i learn while learning animation definitely helps me out illustratively.

Sirio_brozzi: I wasnt aware that tilting the camera plane like that conveyed that sense of mood, i was just tired of seeing straight on shots all the time. BUT! maybe hes drinking from a cup of... BLOOD! duhdundunnnn!! creepy? amiss? I THINK SO! mwahahahhaa

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Also, here are some recent life drawings. Lots of quick 30 second, and 1 minutes. A few 2s and 3 minutes as well.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Gorgeous gestures, man. The render of the woman in your sketches is so strong, and I can definitely see you're getting more comfortable and varied in your character's faces. I'd love to see some'mo colored stuff, too!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Great freakin' work man. Seriously. Keep it up.

sketchbook...a kitten dies every time you don't comment

“When forced to work within a strict framework,
    the imagination is taxed to its utmost – and will
    produce its richest ideas. Given total freedom,
    the work is likely to sprawl.”

- TS Eliot

Bloooooooog

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Finding things to crit you on is hard, just a heads up. Also I give you 5 starts, because you're just a 5 star kinda dude.

I quite like that gothy self portrait. It's got a nice mood about it. Only crit I can possibly think (and it may be invalid, take it with a grain of salt), it's a bit too cool, temperature wise. You kinda added a hot green to the eyes, which helps a lot, but I think you might be able to emphasize the darks with a few well-placed highlights on the golden parts of the mantle or hair. Speaking of the mantle, it's pretty flat. You've got that intense white light source, the collar of the mantle should probably be casting a shadow across the shoulder onto the back. And speaking of the bright white light source, why is it only seemingly effecting your face? The jacket and hair aren't catching any of it.

Those arm studies you have on your March 4th update are rendered nicely, but seem too short. Especially so on the upper arms, and even-more-especially so on the leftmost arm. Watch that shit.

I really love your stylized faces, they're beautiful and lively. Though I've noticed they usually have a pretty vacant and uncomplicated expression about them. I understand this is probably because you're doing them from life, but it may be beneficial to crack out a mirror and do some really extreme representations of anger, sadness, etc. May be particularly useful to you, as an animator, to capture that kind of intensity.

Those animal studies are beautiful. Great work, no crits there.

(You don't play WoW, do you..? I see a lot of WoW stuff.. )

Those panda caricature are pretty nice. They all look quite similar though, both in expression and shape. I don't know if that's what you were aiming for or not, animation is voodoo to me.

The gestures are very nice. Maybe try throwing in some rough approximations of planes in there? Unless you only need to know the contours as an animator.. again, voodoo.

More plz. I'll be keeping an eye on you.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Those are some wicked gestures, man...
    & DAMN I wish there was a zoo around here.
    Keep at it man

As the pattern gets more intricate and subtle being swept along is no longer enough.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    just a small update. 1 hour Watercolour portrait study done in class, layout assignment, and some mass effect sketches and studies.

Sway west: Thanks hope this watercolour study quenches your thirst for some colour work, once this semester is over all summer ill be doing colour studies (hopefully).

Bludhound: Thanks mate! Ive been getting burnt out lately, due to the heavy workload of school, and keeping a part time job, lookin forward to this summer where i can recharge by concentrating on personal projects.

Ryn: Sweet! thanks for the stars
    Your crits on the portrait are spot on, The only problem Im having now is finding the willpower to continue working on it!
    The arms are actually a wee bit short for a 6 head scale, which is what i was studying from rather than my usual 8 heads, but proportion is something I always have to watch, or else itll slip away from me. Case in point those arm studies. I do agree on needing more varied expressions, Ive fallen into that habit out of ease, and only push expressions for assignments. Ive started doing some sketches just recently using pushed expressions though, so Ill upload some later on. Thank you, the zoo was a fun time! and yes i do OCCASSIONALLY play WoW, however i doubt ill continue to play it as its become stale and boring IMO. The panda was actually me trying to work out a design for character design, hence the similarities. well, I cant draw fast enough in 30 seconds to show plane lines, well i could, if i wasnt so drained from working 24/7.
    Thanks for awesome critique

Bunny: Thanks I dont think ill ever stop drawing now, it gets funner but harder by the day LOL

Designboot: Thanks mate!

Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.