Sketchbook: Lost in a sea of creativity (NSFW/56k) - - updated Aug 10 2009 - Page 6

View testimonialsView Artwork
Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    luverly doodles! You make everything look so easy, and the faces look so nice. Are you gonna develop any of your doodled characters further? In any case, wicked sketchizzz!!

amer-nazri

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Absolute beauty! Your work is wonderful.

No pain, no gain.

Sketchblog
    Sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I like your stuff, I REALLY, REALLY dig it, more give us MORE!!
    the bottomless pit of inspiration demands it!!!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Holy hell, I think this is the most replies ive ever had after an update or two! Thanks for the comments guys!

Some quick 30 second poses and studies from today, as well as a 2 minute from the weekend.

Jeri: Yep, the model typically does an average of 15 - 30 30 second poses, 15 - 30 one minutes, 9 - 12 3 minutes, and 9 - 12 5 minute poses. Sometimes students request for more 3s or more 5s, or a 10 minute here and there. Yes, being a life model sure as hell aint easy! very physically and mentally demanding. Whod have thought? LOL Thanks

Sirgreensock: Thanks for the crits once again! I will certainly credit you in my life story later on down the road.

EvilDisco: Thanks man! LONG LIVE APE! and EVIL DISCOS!

Sirio_brozzi: Thanks man! im always working harder on telling stories with my images, and putting in as much life and motion as I can.

Amer_Nazri: It gets easier the more you draw, however coming up with something new will always be a challenge. Maybe, I just love to sketch, hard for me to finish pieces, thanks to severe ADD Im workin on that though.

Kaktuzlime: Thanks

Maxetormer: DUDE, thanks a grip Sweet blog man! hope this new stuff suffices!

Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Je, je yep that does the trick, but the doc told me
    to have this same treatment at least twice a week,
    you wouldn't leave a poor sick slob like me with
    out his Action Ape fix would ya

One small nick pick, try doing more fully rendered
    pieces it would seem to me that your hiding from that,
    then again we only see a fraction of your work
    so I could be wrong, keep the badass lines coming!!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Man, this SB in itself is a sea of creativity, tons of fun stuff and great variety. Your stylization of the figure is great. I really liked this little sketch here:
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/att...1&d=1168065127
    Hope you can someday take that to the next stage. Keep the updates coming.

TUNAFISH SAMMICHES?!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I really love the loose energetic quality to your lines. Your live figure studies are super awesome, I hope I can capture a figure with that much efficiency and elegance once I have a change to really get into model drawing.

(I laughed a little at your post-marko DVD character, I think everybody's next drawing or two after watching that is a post-apocalyptic punk guy with a billion doodads )

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    You have some really great stuff here! I love the life in all your characters - you're an animation student, I assume?

Maybe you could try emphasizing the lighting on your sketches? The contours are beautiful, and it's a shame you don't take them further. Alas, I understand they are probably all de-stresser doodles. :3

It'd also be neat if you placed more of your figures in spaces. The environment a character is in can really lend to an already well-developed concept. Your sketchbook should be a window into a world you create, don't neglect any elements of that world! Then again, I'd do well to heed that advice myself.

Keep it up dude. Really, you have top notch stuff going on here. S-s-s-subscribed!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Good Stuff Once Again! Don't have much more to offer by way or crits exept to say " Keep hacking away" and I'm enjoying your work.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hey, i love the different styles you have in your sketches, they look a lot of fun =]
    id like to see some of these developed a bit maybe?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    New Stuff! Bunch of studies, people sketches, layout ideas, etc etc. Im working on some animations of my own stuff, rather than school work, Ill post some line tests on youtube and then link them when i get around to it!
    Woo! some replies! I love you guys and girls

Maxetormer: Id love to do more fully rendered pieces, but the majority of work i post is all school homework and stuff, mainly process sketches and ideas. This takes up the majority of my time, thus leaving me with little time to unwind. Then again thats just an excuse, so ill work harder on getting more finished work out.

Sirio_brozzi: Thanks dude! If I ever work on that sketch again id probably change a ton of stuff, because its a little uninspired looking to me now! LOL

Jtho: Thanks man, I bet you could, just observe the figure, keep in mind where all the tension and strengths of the pose lie, and draw draw draw!
    Hahahaha, yeah its true, Ive seen a lot of those posts, post marko dvd!

Ryn: Correct! I love animaton, it gets funner and funner the more I do it! Although the same doesnt hold true for many of my peers. I do actually work on cast lighting my characters from time to time, but its mainly just to figure out planes and what not. My first year here, everything school related is always concentrating on LINE LINE LINE, values and lighting and what not are generally tackled in second year. Although I try to push my work more using line to show shadow and texture. Your right, I generally dont draw enough environments, let alone characters in an environment, however our newest painting assignment is exactly that! so expect to see something similar soon. Thanks good luck on your portfolio entries! you have strong stuff, so Im thinking youll get in no problem.

Wheeljack18: Thanks dude! will do

Lefran: Thank you! they are a TON of fun! hence why i do them so much. Ill work more on finishing concepts though!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Floored and inspired, man. Please keep postin'. I just had to get a subscription to this thing. Beautiful work.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    your gesture drawing are superb. like the lines!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    That landscape is lookin good, albeit the colours are still not far enough outside your colour comfort zone for me to stop bugging ya!
    Ive also noticed that in a number of your face drawings, both from imagination and from life (and especially on guys) you tend to make the face stick out a lot (long jawline or neck connecting too far back) and end up also making the back of the head smaller/shorter to compensate. Dunno if its meant as a stylistic thing, but it stood out to me now with all these profile shots of your classmates and the heads on the second page of the second pic.

PS you misspelled Sargent

Nikola Odic
    sketchbook
    site
    you got them purty lips, boy

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Two updates in one day? The end of the world is nigh...
    Life drawings from yesterday and the night before. Ill be posting up the ones from today probably around sunday when I finish that newsprint pad.

Zebz & SantaClaus: Thank you to you both

SirGreenSock: Hahaha, I actually messed around with the hue/saturation thing too though, so atleast Im starting to think outside the box. I think it might just be something Ive done forever, and no ones ever mentioned it as wierd. Ill reanalyze how I approach the head the next time I draw some. Thanks duuuude! Yeah, English was never my forte.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Even more Debbie?!

lookin good, i like how youre working with the real solid rich blacks in these drawings, adds a little oomph just where its needed.
    You neglected the legs, but i forgive you because Debbie had always been about whats goin on around the shoulders and back.
    good idea, i like how you didnt even follow your own perspective lines

Nikola Odic
    sketchbook
    site

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    great stuff dude some very nice weight and gesture on your figures

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    more life, seems like its all i do lately! not that i mind of course, good practice.

Sirgreensock: Yeah, I life draw 4 - 5 days a week, and debbie is usually modelling atleast once, sometimes twice that week, atleast in the sessions im in. Shes almost ALWAYS in my instructed life drawing sessions, mainly because in first year we study bones more than anything, and well, debbie is insanely skinny. Hahaha, yeah that was for an assignment, but since I neglected my own perspective lines, that one was a writeoff.

Koppa: Thanks dude

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    WOW
    I love the lines and the women!
    http://conceptart.org/forums/attachm...1&d=1169847337
    and this ape character its great, I want to see more of him!
    http://conceptart.org/forums/attachm...1&d=1169847331

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Wow, you really have been up to a lot of life drawing haven't you?

I really love your pallet in your color works, man! I think it works really well and has a great feel to it. As soon as I saw that desert landscape, I thought, "that would look bad ass if he took one of his 'darker' more realistic type drawings and made a comic book out of the combo." So, I hope you dont mind me scribbling over our work, but this is kind of what I imagined.

http://wsmisch.com/Junk/aaa.jpg

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The gladiator is for a weekly theme thing some friends of mine are doing.
    Second thing, is an idea for a painting i might do.

Maxetormer: Hahaha, thanks man which character are you referring to in the second image?

Sublimus: Yes, quite possibly because I find life drawing to be relaxing and fun at the same time, plus I generally learn a lot about anatomy and proportions by drawing the human figure over and over. Ahhh, well That character will be making an appearance in a comic book, as Im working on a story about him and another character that should hopefully be done by next september. So look forward to that.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Ha, ha, the one with the speech bubble, thats the one I was talking about
    SWEET design bw, I want to steal your brains.
    http://conceptart.org/forums/attachm...1&d=1170446552

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Whoa man, you´ve got nice flow in your lines! Love the cartoony style!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    LOVE the gladiator, nice design and pose. Not too fond of the leg and torso though, the torso seems kinda flat/shallow (ribcage wise) while the leg seems to be overdone so it doesnt make much sense in terms of connection, perspective or structure.
    I like the idea for the painting, though i think you can do better with a more interesting angle/composition to it.

Nikola Odic
    sketchbook
    site

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I was working on a personal piece today, here is the current state it is in! Comments, and critiques more specificallly how to fix the back wheel, because im just not getting it right! Also some more life drawings from last thursday! Also id like to give a shoutout to sirgreensock, thanks man for the wonderful critiques man! keep them coming and ill do my best to do the same.

Maxetormer: Thanks bro! you wouldnt want these brains, theres nothing left, zombies devoured whatever thought processes i had left years ago.

Flaskpost: Thanks man!

Sirgreensock: Yeah, that leg is wonky, couldnt figure out how to draw it, ended up just using ref that didnt match up. Also the painting idea was just an idea to get out of my head and onto the page, IF i do take it further i would definitely rework it to a more professional level

Last edited by Amazing Action Ape; February 5th, 2007 at 12:48 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Huge improvement from what you showed me i think,, crisper, better colours, stronger values etc. Id fix up those ellipses sooner rather than later before you get into any serious kind of rendering around them. Otherwise im gonna wait and see where you take it.
    I really like the top life drawing too, just wish you got some of that confident weight along the bottom too, makes weight distribution seem unbalanced. Maybe get the weight/mass distribution down more accurately before moving unto detailed areas (such as face). Cropping out the bottom half, its a stunning piece!

Nikola Odic
    sketchbook
    site

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Newest version of painting, time to stop for a bit to go back to concentrating on school work! :@

Sirgreensock: I think the rear wheels finally fixed, I added some even DARKER blues in there, really solidifying the form and showing the curves and flows of the vehicles gorgeous shape now. Now I think i can finally concentrate on finishing up the piece. As for the lifedrawing crit, for a 5 minute pose, the face is mandatory. Mainly because everybody looks there first. It has the most detail, so the eyes are drawn to it naturally. However I do wish I placed some stronger lines on the bottom of the legs and feet, to show that weight placed much better. GAH, always something to work on. LOL

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Looking good, everything is much crisper, though it still looks like its just sitting on the road. The trail at the top is a good start, ive been thinking that messing around with the castshadow (blurring etc) might increase the effect of movement as well, as would random bits and particles flyin off the road.

Nikola Odic
    sketchbook
    site

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Some life drawings from today. Been working more on pushing the rhythm of the poses, as well as really USING that line quality to emphasize that the model is actually flesh and blood rather than conte and newsprint.

Sirgreensock: Oh man, adding some bits of rubber flying off the tires would be aweeeeesome! ill add that stuff the next time i work on it. Thanks man!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    A sketchbook of epic proportions! okay its not so epic. Just a bunch of stuff from school, cafe drawings, trying to get better at doing caricatures (i still suck) and slowly working more colour into my sketchbook.

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.