Page 14 of 32 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast

Thread: Lost in a sea of creativity (NSFW/56k) - - updated Aug 10 2009

Thanks
    Wow, you really have been up to a lot of life drawing haven't you?

I really love your pallet in your color works, man! I think it works really well and has a great feel to it. As soon as I saw that desert landscape, I thought, "that would look bad ass if he took one of his 'darker' more realistic type drawings and made a comic book out of the combo." So, I hope you dont mind me scribbling over our work, but this is kind of what I imagined.

http://wsmisch.com/Junk/aaa.jpg
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    The gladiator is for a weekly theme thing some friends of mine are doing.
    Second thing, is an idea for a painting i might do.

Maxetormer: Hahaha, thanks man which character are you referring to in the second image?

Sublimus: Yes, quite possibly because I find life drawing to be relaxing and fun at the same time, plus I generally learn a lot about anatomy and proportions by drawing the human figure over and over. Ahhh, well That character will be making an appearance in a comic book, as Im working on a story about him and another character that should hopefully be done by next september. So look forward to that.

Thanks
    Ha, ha, the one with the speech bubble, thats the one I was talking about
    SWEET design bw, I want to steal your brains.
    http://conceptart.org/forums/attachm...1&d=1170446552

Thanks
    Whoa man, you´ve got nice flow in your lines! Love the cartoony style!

Thanks
    LOVE the gladiator, nice design and pose. Not too fond of the leg and torso though, the torso seems kinda flat/shallow (ribcage wise) while the leg seems to be overdone so it doesnt make much sense in terms of connection, perspective or structure.
    I like the idea for the painting, though i think you can do better with a more interesting angle/composition to it.
    Nikola Odic
    sketchbook
    site
    you got them purty lips, boy

Thanks
    I was working on a personal piece today, here is the current state it is in! Comments, and critiques more specificallly how to fix the back wheel, because im just not getting it right! Also some more life drawings from last thursday! Also id like to give a shoutout to sirgreensock, thanks man for the wonderful critiques man! keep them coming and ill do my best to do the same.

Maxetormer: Thanks bro! you wouldnt want these brains, theres nothing left, zombies devoured whatever thought processes i had left years ago.

Flaskpost: Thanks man!

Sirgreensock: Yeah, that leg is wonky, couldnt figure out how to draw it, ended up just using ref that didnt match up. Also the painting idea was just an idea to get out of my head and onto the page, IF i do take it further i would definitely rework it to a more professional level
    Last edited by Amazing Action Ape; February 5th, 2007 at 12:48 AM.

Thanks
    Huge improvement from what you showed me i think,, crisper, better colours, stronger values etc. Id fix up those ellipses sooner rather than later before you get into any serious kind of rendering around them. Otherwise im gonna wait and see where you take it.
    I really like the top life drawing too, just wish you got some of that confident weight along the bottom too, makes weight distribution seem unbalanced. Maybe get the weight/mass distribution down more accurately before moving unto detailed areas (such as face). Cropping out the bottom half, its a stunning piece!
    Nikola Odic
    sketchbook
    site

Thanks
    Newest version of painting, time to stop for a bit to go back to concentrating on school work! :@

Sirgreensock: I think the rear wheels finally fixed, I added some even DARKER blues in there, really solidifying the form and showing the curves and flows of the vehicles gorgeous shape now. Now I think i can finally concentrate on finishing up the piece. As for the lifedrawing crit, for a 5 minute pose, the face is mandatory. Mainly because everybody looks there first. It has the most detail, so the eyes are drawn to it naturally. However I do wish I placed some stronger lines on the bottom of the legs and feet, to show that weight placed much better. GAH, always something to work on. LOL

Thanks
    Looking good, everything is much crisper, though it still looks like its just sitting on the road. The trail at the top is a good start, ive been thinking that messing around with the castshadow (blurring etc) might increase the effect of movement as well, as would random bits and particles flyin off the road.
    Nikola Odic
    sketchbook
    site

Thanks
    Some life drawings from today. Been working more on pushing the rhythm of the poses, as well as really USING that line quality to emphasize that the model is actually flesh and blood rather than conte and newsprint.

Sirgreensock: Oh man, adding some bits of rubber flying off the tires would be aweeeeesome! ill add that stuff the next time i work on it. Thanks man!

Thanks
    A sketchbook of epic proportions! okay its not so epic. Just a bunch of stuff from school, cafe drawings, trying to get better at doing caricatures (i still suck) and slowly working more colour into my sketchbook.

Thanks
    haha, digging your anthro like characters. Your take on a werewolf is really interesting man, and the bird dude has some sweet personality, dig how the wing turns into a hand like limb. Digging the variety in this last dump, cool cars, weapons, characters, you got it all. The rythm and flow in your fine arts stuff gets better as it goes. Sweet.
    TUNAFISH SAMMICHES?!

Thanks
    Awesome shit all-round man, guns,cars,wolfes,birdies etc are all badass. Love how you redrew the wings on the bird using postit notes, brilliant!
    Nothing to crit this update, only thing i can crit about the previous one is that the last drawing of the guy leanin forward couldve had a lot more emphasis on the spine and shoulders to convey the weight he was putting down. The lighter lines there kill the tension.
    Nikola Odic
    sketchbook
    site

Page 14 of 32 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast