Sketchbook: ~POISE Update 02/24/2007~ - Page 10
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast

Thread: ~POISE Update 02/24/2007~

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks Guys! but I I'm not sure I want to show it yet, maybe just maybe.
    here is another update this is for Idiomatic. A glamour lady for you dear sir.

Attached Images Attached Images  
    TIFFANY PROTHERO
    www.tprothero.com

Sketchbook Thread
    WIP Thread
    Finally Finished Thread
    __________________________________________________ ________________________________________
    SSG Gilded

Wertle : Snowsfall : redFIVE : Danomight : Interceptor : bengonzalez : Kittywolf13 : Poise
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Thanked 1,101 Times in 781 Posts
    Follows
    Following

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I love your ink work. One of my favorite mediums.

(Just had to say somethin' so I could subscribe to this thread and catch updates. ;D)

sve is offline Registered User Level 16 Gladiator: Spartacus' Retiarii
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hello, Tiff, way to go. lets to beat Hurricane's and Fellah's records of frequency and post three updates every day. I will tie a rope to your leg and have a ride of my life too. .

Great self portrait, I think similarity is great and it has interesting feeling, real human contact, like your present in the moment I look at it. I think it is because of the pupils being in the corner of the eyes, I already wrote about this turn of the head, it is very attention catching. Many portraits by old masters were painted in this position of the head. I think it has a certain bases. it is illusion of person turning her head to the viewer or out of him, half gone, on the move. I think it adds a charm and feeling of presence of the depicted.
    And the second thing you made your lips a bit pouted and it makes the portrait personal and alive. I like the hair too, add so much to personality. Wonderful portrait. You look unruly in it though. A bit stubborn too, because of hair and little but protruding chin. I didn't see you like this and didn't feel this in you. Live and learn. Personally I think you are mild. Your soul was in Montreal, but your body in California. You are capable to listen other people's wishes.
    And now, look, even my wish came true, I got loomer's portrait. Thanks, interesting, he looks very distanced in this drawing.
    I like two sketches of some person in a hat with pattern on the top of the page. Very truthful lines. and interesting effect of those two profiles blend together. I had a fun time when other face reappeared suddenly in front of me, I saw it like strange ribbon along the face before that.
    I like the toad drawing very much too, You know what is the most attractive in your drawings? I would call it personality of your lines. they are very thoughtful, and accurate, gentle to the object. it is like you take time and think about how to say your "word". there are a lot of thinking in your lines, they are very controlled, but not tight, graceful but very well thought out. And I would add if there is a woman art, your lines are just that, they are very feminine. You draw like you pat your model with lines, they are very mild and soft and gentle and roundish. You never press your pencil hard. Interesting actually, because you see yourself differently. But I already wrote to you, I feel two Tiffanies in you. One is very homey person, the other is a tomboy. I think the first one will prevail with time, because your sketchbook, sort of your diary is full of sweet images from your own world. But I might be wrong.

Like the portrait of Mark, especially interesting how you hatch his face, lines make almost pattern, design, very unusual and beautiful manner. I like this portrait for gentle lines and for vivid personality. pose is very natural.
    And i like the drawing of tiger, especially again how your attractive lines are making beautiful turns on his back.

Well, I'm too looking forward to see your Calendar girl.
    All the best and maybe you tell some interesting information about Comic Con. I love stories of eye witnesses. What Scott is like when he is not in a great mood? Or he never was? Did you see him not in control of himself? Wonder how it is. Just curious.
    Sveta

Last edited by sve; August 1st, 2006 at 12:52 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    i love your self-portraits, like the blue one. and your lines are great. so alive. especially in those sketches from post 268. i like your ink work too.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Matt: I think they might be selling them at the next Workshop, probably on the Forum too.
    Simon: HAHAH! you know how to make me feel good. Thank you!!!
    nathonicus: Thank you!
    Sveta: Wow!!! It is always a treat when you sit down Crack your knuckles and start typeing a HUGE paragraph of nice things and analysis. It amazes me how correct you are with my personality.
    "One is very homey person, the other is a tomboy" "A bit stubborn too...."
    HAHA! those are defintiley me. really makes me laugh. How can you see all that in a drawing?! You have a gift Sveta, really! along with YOUR own drawings.
    Thank you very much Again I alway enjoy your words.
    ivan.a.cherkov: thank you very much
    Ben: hahaha! you going to the next AOL?

A new sketch. I am trying to do more action poses maybe for future paintings.

TIFFANY PROTHERO
    www.tprothero.com

Sketchbook Thread
    WIP Thread
    Finally Finished Thread
    __________________________________________________ ________________________________________
    SSG Gilded

Wertle : Snowsfall : redFIVE : Danomight : Interceptor : bengonzalez : Kittywolf13 : Poise

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Awsome Poise! Love the handle on the sword and the motion of the cloth.

sve is offline Registered User Level 16 Gladiator: Spartacus' Retiarii
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hello, very beautiful figure. very gracefully done. I especially love the attention to details, for examples these little freckles on his face. I love the freckles when you use it in your Lyra drawing time ago and I always love little hints in your work, like a torn lace and pattern on the high risen boots in your ChOw. Make me happily insane every time. I don't know how you come up with little observations. But they are precious. The more elaborated your images the more grateful I become.
    So the beautiful sword handle, polished surface of his hat, strong fist of the one hand grabbing the handle and undecidedness ( not being totally prepared) in another hand of his are very much appreciated.
    In my opinion it is very strong feature of your art, attention to details and thoughtfulness of the drawing. It is charming, try not to lose it in exchange for speed. And of course truthful forms are wonderful too.
    If you want to read my observation, it is here. Although I like the figure overall very much, the foreshortening of the flowing shirt and the closest to us leg is not totally convincing. It looks a bit artifacial, not natural. The shirt doesn't look like the wind and speed rose it up in the air, it looks like it is not even, cut at different length. The leg, especially in area of the knee looks wrong. Too long after knee down and even longer if it will be straighten up. I might be wrong, it's just my firsts thoughts when I saw it. No. second thought, first one was "it's wonderful".
    Bye, and you didn't tell me anything about Comic con.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    nice drawrings

some very graceful stuff happening in your line work, i'm a sucker for lines done well like that...

the one thing I'd say critwise with the last drawing is that while the pose and the character have a great flow to them, the sword is hugenormous, and in real life it would be crazy hard to pick up, let alone gracefully swing one handed. it might be more fitting if it was a staff or a bamboo stick or something, because the pose is great, it's just the believability of a big heavy piece of metal isn't there. if that makes sense...?

hope you're doing grood, keep on rockin dem sketches!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    What Cotron said. That's one FAT handle...

I'm hoping to make AOL3. Funds, timing, etc are up in the air, but I hope to hammer it out soon. I'm possibly sinking further down the corporate rabbit hole soon, which is great for the money but makes it harder to give it up to go do art. But yeah, if that works out with a decent salary or disability finally comes through for Carrie, I'm so there.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,101 Times in 781 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    well they better sell them someplace... if not i'd have to come to your house and steal the prototype!! GRRRRRRRRRRR!!!

yay, i love katana's.... but dont have one

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hey thanks everyone. I totally agree with all your crits.
    Matt: yeah i'm sure they will sell them online if it ends up being a success. If not I will save one for you.
    Ben: oh! congrats man! I hope it does go through for you.

TIFFANY PROTHERO
    www.tprothero.com

Sketchbook Thread
    WIP Thread
    Finally Finished Thread
    SSG Gilded

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    i love the inked glamour lady! very much a style i like ! the action pose is great too =]

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    ha last one is just soooo good
    and this one is pretty dam asum too
    work those inks baby!
    http://conceptart.org/forums/attachm...1&d=1152945853

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    wow, really nice drawing! i'll have to keep an eye on this thread

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hahaha, This thread owns! Great control err..Very fluid is what I mean. I love it.

Interceptor is offline Registered User Level 16 Gladiator: Spartacus' Retiarii
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I want to watch you draw, and swoon while I do

* Help a CA artist! Visit the Constructive Critique section! *

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Awesome awesome awesome. You have such a classic feel to a lot of your stuff, you know, kinda like those artists in the how to books. I think it's the pretty broad strokes

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks peeps.
    here is another. My pen was running out,

TIFFANY PROTHERO
    www.tprothero.com

Sketchbook Thread
    WIP Thread
    Finally Finished Thread
    SSG Gilded

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Look at you, all capturin' the motion in the ocean. You doing this with our trusty brush pen? I have about 20 replacement tubes at hand fr that thing, they tend to go pretty fast in my experience. I have a kai-mei which is awesome, but my knockoff got all fuzzy in the bristles.

Give yourself a purple nerple from me...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I added stars but it still didn't bump you up to 5.... but you get my vote anyway great stuff lately, for real

I would really love to see your linework incorporated into some finished stuff, maybe some watercolor on top or something? or oil washes would work, too... but them lines is hot and they need lovin' too

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Awesome! I think the new guys left arm (not holding the sword) is overall a little small in proportion, kinda like a T-Rex arm. Otherwise, It's looking damn good!!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Dang, killer lines. These last two badasses have a great flow to em, great posture. Agreed the arm on the left of the new guy might be a tad small, but I wouldn't tell that to him to his face.
    Awesome stuff, all around, fo rilla.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    i love the way you draw those heads! whats a moleskin book and why does everyone feel the need to mentione that it is one when they post lol.
    great stuff!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Great lines and forms. Really beautiful. One thing is that you seem to be set on a particular simplification of forms in your figures, that you should explore or discard for development. Nice work, keep on it.

Sketchbook

Don't miss the rise

This is actually Wolverine's sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hey Tiff, i can't stand those damn Happy Birthday threads in the Lounge, but i can't let the day go by without wishing you a VERY HAPPY ONE!!!

We'll have cake soon enough.

Smooches.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Cody: awe!! purple nurples hurt! thanks man, yeah the brush pen all the way, so thank you for introduceing it to me,
    Cody Arm pit fart man: haha! thanx man for the stars. I agree I think I should full around with light washes of something, sometime I will try that. thank you sir fart -o-lot.
    Ben: thank you for that crit, and thanks for stopping by.
    Andy P; thank you sir
    Rodrigo: thank you! well I don't know why, but mine is a small book, and I just like them because they are so convenient, andhave a little pouch in the back to put loos papers, they are nice to have a small little book to draw in and fit in your pocket or in my case my purse. Here a link so you can see what they look like, they have all different kinds http://www.moleskineus.com/
    Listing: thank you , and thanks for the crit and push to try different things.
    Arkady: haha! thank man! and I will see you next weekend, and we can smooch and have cake, haha!
    here is a drawing I did for all my friends here on CA for saying happy bday. Enjoy!

TIFFANY PROTHERO
    www.tprothero.com

Sketchbook Thread
    WIP Thread
    Finally Finished Thread
    SSG Gilded

30. The Following User Says Thank You to poise For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

5 Bones

Wonderful empathy in your animals as always <> no I don't live in New York but I a couple of times <> it really is the main city for the arts in this country <> I attended the ASL for a while and worked in the Ad biz.

Give this thread the 5 stars it deserves <>

Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 5