Page 4 of 37 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Wow you have improved a lot. I think you should do more faces at an angle. But be careful on them because I have notices that in some of your pieces their eyes on those particular pieces float a bit. Nice profiles and some very convincing use of shading.

"Oh my God who is flying this thing! ......... Right, that would be me." ~Wash

DeviantArt - Sketchbook - Concept Art.org Porfolio
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by masterpug
    Wow you have improved a lot. I think you should do more faces at an angle. But be careful on them because I have notices that in some of your pieces their eyes on those particular pieces float a bit. Nice profiles and some very convincing use of shading.
    ok, thanks, i have never thought about hte eyes that way
    but now i will try. i will also update tonight,
    cya

Thanks
    All right Waka, how's it going up there in Wolverhampton? Probably not quite as many fit birds as Sweden I'm guessing

Pretty much what Hurricane said is what I was thinking. But I'm really impressed that you're putting so much effort into the studies. It's not that often you ssee people really pushing themselves to LEARN before throwing up a bunch of pictures of orcs and dragons around here. So good stuff.

And you're showing real improvement even in this small selection. So great stuff, keep going keep going keep going

Thanks
    Oi
    this is the first time in 3 months i have acces to a scanner and all i had to scan right now was 2 model drawings.
    but since i now know where it is its gonna get more

crits and comments are most welcome
    enjoy
    Obliterated and Updated, somewhat daily raids
    model drawing

and another one

much more fun then photos.

cheers

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dirty_c
    All right Waka, how's it going up there in Wolverhampton? Probably not quite as many fit birds as Sweden I'm guessing

Pretty much what Hurricane said is what I was thinking. But I'm really impressed that you're putting so much effort into the studies. It's not that often you ssee people really pushing themselves to LEARN before throwing up a bunch of pictures of orcs and dragons around here. So good stuff.

And you're showing real improvement even in this small selection. So great stuff, keep going keep going keep going
    heh, sorry for replying a month later :F
    yeah its going well here i n wolves, and there are lots of birds here
    thanks for the crits.
    hows london?

Thanks
    hi, thank u for visit my sketchbook!
    I see u make good studies, but be careful about symetrie! The muscles look sometimes a bit odd. Before you draw the finished figure, make a structure onm which you can build it up. And the rest id drawing, drawing drawing
    Keep it up!

Thanks
    Dont stop! you're doing very good! Your studies are really nice

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by GunTrouver
    hi, thank u for visit my sketchbook!
    I see u make good studies, but be careful about symetrie! The muscles look sometimes a bit odd. Before you draw the finished figure, make a structure onm which you can build it up. And the rest id drawing, drawing drawing
    Keep it up!
    aha, thanks for the advice, i shall stick to that,
    atlerast try it

Thanks
    Hey bud,

in reply to yesterday's figure drawings:
    nice to see this improvement in "lifelike" drawing, your measuring skills are growing which will reflect in your non-reffed stuff. so yay for that.
    as for the shading, i'd urge you to go bolder in shading the figure. see how your bg shading clashes with the figures (perhaps the contrast is just too much.. it is indeed a good idea to switch types of shading next to each other - aim for interesting contrasts instead of extremes)
    Also, try to use the maximum value range out of your pencil, it'll beef up your drawings in an instant.
    Lineweight: again, variation is key. indicate lightsource with thinner lines and shaded sides with fatter lines. or contrast it in how close the side is to the viewer, whatever works
    Always draw the complete hands and feet if they're in the picture frame. or add socks. leaving them in ambiguity makes the drawing look unfinished or rushed imho. And it's the best exercise one can have.
    Finally, think about your viewing angle when doing lifedrawing. You decide where to sit and how the pose is. Go for angles that show foreshortening of at least some bodyparts. Add dynamics in your drawing just like that. Remember the silhouettes

keep at it!

WEED TORTURE WIN
    www.hyver.com -()- sketch thread

Thanks
    Heya waka!
    I think you're stuff after july is great, somewhere around the head studies and the hands I think you're drawing get alot of shape. The head series looks kinda simple, but damn great! Lot's of improvement :]

For crit's I'd say that you should work on proportions. I think you got a hang of what muscles there are, and where they are, but not bodyparts size compared to eachother.

Lifedrawings look good. It's damn harder than it looks like!

Ses väl på miniws i sommar förhoppningsvis!
    Med lite tur på den stora ws:en också

.peace

Currently doing my internship at Muskedunder Interactive
    portfolio - deviantart

Thanks
    Nice dude. I'd like to see you destroy the complete distinction between environment and figure. It does tend to lead to messiness (a step I'm just getting past, I hope) but it does enable you to view things in a somewhat more painterly way.

For instance, the stark difference in hatching techniques between the background and the figures just stands out too strongly. to a certain extend it's good to show difference in texture/material, but I think that it's also important to show the relationship between the figure and the environment. And that's best handled by treating them the same. So if you're going to have pure linework in the background, do the same in the focus. And if you're going to hatch a certain way in one, do the same in the other. This way the figure will seem to sit in its surroundings a little better.

Having said that, the proportions and whatnot are pretty good, it's really just a question of maintaining a consistent rendering policy and avoiding the temptation to 'fill in' the background. But yeah, there's some real feeling in those faces which I like a lot.

Nice one
    DC

Thanks
    We spoke in IRC and on MSN, but I figured I'd go ahead and give you a little threadbump, with some critiques.

Your work shows a very good grasp of capturing the sillhouette of your forms. Also, there's mammoth improvement between the first images, and these more recent ones.

Some things that you should work on, IMO:

-Work on your tone and value ranges in your shading. You're beginning to address the problem in your more recent images, but it's at the expense of some needed contrast. Work on putting darks and lights in the right places.

-Some of the forms get muddied by your actual pencil strokes. this could be because you're drawing these really small. Try drawing bigger, or using "bigger" media, like charcoal or conte crayon. Something that makes you have to work bigger.

-Try to work from life as much as possible, whether you're drawing a model, or a wad of cloth. I think seeing real light and shadow will help you out a lot.

Anyway, hope some of this helps, and I'll definitely be keeping an eye on your work. This stuff is looking really good so far, and I know it'll be amazing in another 6 months.

Good luck
    -Paul

Thanks

Update (December 14) 2005

OIIIII

here some new stuff from me..

mortem and i agreed that we have to update more often, and today was the day.

Model drawing from class

Some akryl painting of a wierd frog

a akryl painting of something

a random paintign i did. no reff. so that why it sucks.

thats all for now,. will not have accec to a scanner for the next 3 weeks.

PaulGanguly: thanks alot for the crits,

dirty_c : ill try that next time, thanks alot.

MorteM: aye, cheers for hte crits

Hyver: thanks alot, ilkl keep that in mind, cheers
    cheers

Last edited by 4rt-r41d; December 14th, 2005 at 11:58 AM.

Page 4 of 37 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.