Sketchbook: Obliterated and Updated, somewhat daily raids - Page 2

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    and here is 2 more skechtes
    and thats all for tonight. hope you like them.

a dude:
    Obliterated and Updated, somewhat daily raids

and another dude:

Diego: thanks man, yeah i will keep posting, but i wont be able to update untill i get a scanner agian hope there is one at my school.

cya laters

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    alright matey

you have some nice studies.

on the last one i with the guy stood in side profile, i think his head is a bit too big. the other on with the guy with the brick looks really good. good job with the heads in the post before too, some of them have character.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hey hey hey,
    its been a longwhile, and i dont have much to update,
    but it will since im in illustration course now.
    heres the latest sketch made in photoshop.
    with my freashnew wacom,

i think the head is to thin, or am i wrong? i cant nail what exatcly is wrong with it.

thanks

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

decent work

Decent work..here are my comments:

- I think you could benefit ALOT from "drawing through"- draw things in 3 dimensions- even the parts of the subject you cant see- this will give your images more depth and a better understanding of all the planes in any given subject (and help with mass and weight as well)
    -draw bones inside- even if its just a line... it helps with construction
    -keep working on your hands and faces- you got they right idea- they can be the most difficult areas
    -if you are not drawing with your arm instead of your wrist- try it, it will loosen up your lines and give them more life- arm not wrist or fingers
    -try loosely and quickly roughing out the entire subject before you start adding any shading- this way you can make sure your proportions are right on before investing any more time into it- try tiny thumbnails at the side of the page as well- it will give you a better understanding of things before you really get started
    -this is the toughest one of all- draw what you see NOT what you THINK you see.

-keep working at it- nice job, thanks for sharing

Mike

Mike Phillips
    www.mikephillips.ca

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by DV8
    Decent work..here are my comments:

- I think you could benefit ALOT from "drawing through"- draw things in 3 dimensions- even the parts of the subject you cant see- this will give your images more depth and a better understanding of all the planes in any given subject (and help with mass and weight as well)
    -draw bones inside- even if its just a line... it helps with construction
    -keep working on your hands and faces- you got they right idea- they can be the most difficult areas
    -if you are not drawing with your arm instead of your wrist- try it, it will loosen up your lines and give them more life- arm not wrist or fingers
    -try loosely and quickly roughing out the entire subject before you start adding any shading- this way you can make sure your proportions are right on before investing any more time into it- try tiny thumbnails at the side of the page as well- it will give you a better understanding of things before you really get started
    -this is the toughest one of all- draw what you see NOT what you THINK you see.

-keep working at it- nice job, thanks for sharing

Mike

ok, ill keep in mind that about thumbnails.
    i will try to draw the bones aswell. and the 3 dimension tip seems verygood,
    thanks alot DV8

cya soon

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Great sketchbook!

At the moment, my crits are about the same a Hurricanes. Just keep working on anatomy, but make it fun. You have some real gems in here. I particularly like this one:
    Keep em' Coming.

-Rob

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by romance
    Great sketchbook!

At the moment, my crits are about the same a Hurricanes. Just keep working on anatomy, but make it fun. You have some real gems in here. I particularly like this one:
    Keep em' Coming.

-Rob
    thanks alot, yeah i will do so, and its fun
    i will update very soon
    just a question, why do is that picture so good?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Ok you little bastard, well you're not so small. But waka heck.

I want to see more update's from you, now that you're starting illustration and all.

Nice work on that last update. I think you should work more on it, go further than b&w.
    It doesn't look like both eyes are focusing on the same things. And I think we should be able to see a little beard on the left side.
    The lips reallt stand out, you rendered them more then the rest of the drawing.

just my 2cents.

Hugs!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The face has character, not too mention great proportions. Also, the shading along the features of the face give it good volume.

-Rob

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Wow you have improved a lot. I think you should do more faces at an angle. But be careful on them because I have notices that in some of your pieces their eyes on those particular pieces float a bit. Nice profiles and some very convincing use of shading.

"Oh my God who is flying this thing! ......... Right, that would be me." ~Wash

DeviantArt - Sketchbook - Concept Art.org Porfolio

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by masterpug
    Wow you have improved a lot. I think you should do more faces at an angle. But be careful on them because I have notices that in some of your pieces their eyes on those particular pieces float a bit. Nice profiles and some very convincing use of shading.
    ok, thanks, i have never thought about hte eyes that way
    but now i will try. i will also update tonight,
    cya

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    All right Waka, how's it going up there in Wolverhampton? Probably not quite as many fit birds as Sweden I'm guessing

Pretty much what Hurricane said is what I was thinking. But I'm really impressed that you're putting so much effort into the studies. It's not that often you ssee people really pushing themselves to LEARN before throwing up a bunch of pictures of orcs and dragons around here. So good stuff.

And you're showing real improvement even in this small selection. So great stuff, keep going keep going keep going

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Oi
    this is the first time in 3 months i have acces to a scanner and all i had to scan right now was 2 model drawings.
    but since i now know where it is its gonna get more

crits and comments are most welcome
    enjoy
    model drawing

and another one

much more fun then photos.

cheers

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by dirty_c
    All right Waka, how's it going up there in Wolverhampton? Probably not quite as many fit birds as Sweden I'm guessing

Pretty much what Hurricane said is what I was thinking. But I'm really impressed that you're putting so much effort into the studies. It's not that often you ssee people really pushing themselves to LEARN before throwing up a bunch of pictures of orcs and dragons around here. So good stuff.

And you're showing real improvement even in this small selection. So great stuff, keep going keep going keep going
    heh, sorry for replying a month later :F
    yeah its going well here i n wolves, and there are lots of birds here
    thanks for the crits.
    hows london?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hi, thank u for visit my sketchbook!
    I see u make good studies, but be careful about symetrie! The muscles look sometimes a bit odd. Before you draw the finished figure, make a structure onm which you can build it up. And the rest id drawing, drawing drawing
    Keep it up!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Dont stop! you're doing very good! Your studies are really nice

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by GunTrouver
    hi, thank u for visit my sketchbook!
    I see u make good studies, but be careful about symetrie! The muscles look sometimes a bit odd. Before you draw the finished figure, make a structure onm which you can build it up. And the rest id drawing, drawing drawing
    Keep it up!
    aha, thanks for the advice, i shall stick to that,
    atlerast try it

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey bud,

in reply to yesterday's figure drawings:
    nice to see this improvement in "lifelike" drawing, your measuring skills are growing which will reflect in your non-reffed stuff. so yay for that.
    as for the shading, i'd urge you to go bolder in shading the figure. see how your bg shading clashes with the figures (perhaps the contrast is just too much.. it is indeed a good idea to switch types of shading next to each other - aim for interesting contrasts instead of extremes)
    Also, try to use the maximum value range out of your pencil, it'll beef up your drawings in an instant.
    Lineweight: again, variation is key. indicate lightsource with thinner lines and shaded sides with fatter lines. or contrast it in how close the side is to the viewer, whatever works
    Always draw the complete hands and feet if they're in the picture frame. or add socks. leaving them in ambiguity makes the drawing look unfinished or rushed imho. And it's the best exercise one can have.
    Finally, think about your viewing angle when doing lifedrawing. You decide where to sit and how the pose is. Go for angles that show foreshortening of at least some bodyparts. Add dynamics in your drawing just like that. Remember the silhouettes

keep at it!

WEED TORTURE WIN
    www.hyver.com -()- sketch thread

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Heya waka!
    I think you're stuff after july is great, somewhere around the head studies and the hands I think you're drawing get alot of shape. The head series looks kinda simple, but damn great! Lot's of improvement :]

For crit's I'd say that you should work on proportions. I think you got a hang of what muscles there are, and where they are, but not bodyparts size compared to eachother.

Lifedrawings look good. It's damn harder than it looks like!

Ses väl på miniws i sommar förhoppningsvis!
    Med lite tur på den stora ws:en också

.peace

Currently doing my internship at Muskedunder Interactive
    portfolio - cghub - deviantart

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Nice dude. I'd like to see you destroy the complete distinction between environment and figure. It does tend to lead to messiness (a step I'm just getting past, I hope) but it does enable you to view things in a somewhat more painterly way.

For instance, the stark difference in hatching techniques between the background and the figures just stands out too strongly. to a certain extend it's good to show difference in texture/material, but I think that it's also important to show the relationship between the figure and the environment. And that's best handled by treating them the same. So if you're going to have pure linework in the background, do the same in the focus. And if you're going to hatch a certain way in one, do the same in the other. This way the figure will seem to sit in its surroundings a little better.

Having said that, the proportions and whatnot are pretty good, it's really just a question of maintaining a consistent rendering policy and avoiding the temptation to 'fill in' the background. But yeah, there's some real feeling in those faces which I like a lot.

Nice one
    DC

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    We spoke in IRC and on MSN, but I figured I'd go ahead and give you a little threadbump, with some critiques.

Your work shows a very good grasp of capturing the sillhouette of your forms. Also, there's mammoth improvement between the first images, and these more recent ones.

Some things that you should work on, IMO:

-Work on your tone and value ranges in your shading. You're beginning to address the problem in your more recent images, but it's at the expense of some needed contrast. Work on putting darks and lights in the right places.

-Some of the forms get muddied by your actual pencil strokes. this could be because you're drawing these really small. Try drawing bigger, or using "bigger" media, like charcoal or conte crayon. Something that makes you have to work bigger.

-Try to work from life as much as possible, whether you're drawing a model, or a wad of cloth. I think seeing real light and shadow will help you out a lot.

Anyway, hope some of this helps, and I'll definitely be keeping an eye on your work. This stuff is looking really good so far, and I know it'll be amazing in another 6 months.

Good luck
    -Paul

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Update (December 14) 2005

OIIIII

here some new stuff from me..

mortem and i agreed that we have to update more often, and today was the day.

Model drawing from class

Some akryl painting of a wierd frog

a akryl painting of something

a random paintign i did. no reff. so that why it sucks.

thats all for now,. will not have accec to a scanner for the next 3 weeks.

PaulGanguly: thanks alot for the crits,

dirty_c : ill try that next time, thanks alot.

MorteM: aye, cheers for hte crits

Hyver: thanks alot, ilkl keep that in mind, cheers
    cheers

Last edited by 4rt-r41d; December 14th, 2005 at 11:58 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Thunderdome entry

ok, since the thuderdome did not really happen, my opponent did not submit any entry, or even told me why he didnt.

i might aswell add it here to.

this is my very unfisnished thuderdome entry, i submitted it anyway, since i did not want to miss hte deadline, but i did not have time to fully finish it, due to schoolwork,
    hope you like it.

cya

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hey Waka, with regards to your thunderdome entry, i think you can make it stronger by applyign more contrast and stronger sense of lighting. in this case, i guess the lighting comes from above! Try it and you'll be amazed by teh difference!

Dr CM Wong
    Director
    Opus Artz - Digital Art For The Entertaintment Industry

Affiliations:
    International Association of Astronomical Artists | Aerospace Medical Association

Guillermo_del_Toro: Viva WETA and the many "toys" they make! And may Cthulhu give me more shelves to put them on...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Heya babe
    Good to see the promised update ! I'm gonna scan in a couple of hours, kinda busy atm
    I like the frog, work on some details and more colours and it will kick ass ;D
    The other acryl, looks very much liek a skull of an animal, try making it more detailed by using refs or so. It's not bad
    Get some refs of the head in profile too. It has some errors. Light would fall on the forhead, the ear would give some more shadows and the nose has no nostrils ! However, proportions are great

keep it up, I'm gonna go get my scanner and fix it soon!

.peace

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    keep on doing those value studies.. try to find some white 3D object (plaster cast for example) and set it up with some nice light. then just sit down and focus to get all the values in there. use just one pencil for this. it takes some effort and a lot of time, but it's a ticket to awesomeness! see mindcandyman's thread for proof.

keep it up bud

WEED TORTURE WIN
    www.hyver.com -()- sketch thread

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Aye
    time for an update, found some old ones, sorry bout the quality, i only had a digital camera,,,
    some new, some old. here we go,

heres a quite new veryfast sketch made in ps7, was to lazy to finish it

and here is a random page from my sketchbook, not any intrest in it, and no time spent on it.

old hands, quick, not so good, ill try harder next time,,,

and a quick and older akrylics sketch, i know, i need to do otherthings then
    profiles,,,

thats all for today,
    cheers

Thanks
    Thanked 1,171 Times in 468 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    it almost looks like you are trying too hard, and that results in fatigue (sorta).
    that digital one is good because you're following through the shapes. yay.

you need to draw through the shapes, brake them into geometric shapes and overlap them... like on the hands, draw the fingers as cylinders and the knuckles as spheres, not over simplistic but you need to start to think about "the other side" hehe, the parts you dont see, they dont disapear, they are still there and affecting the parts you see... (muscles etc)

and choose another lightsource...

any questions or whatever, you know you just need to IM me on msn...

cheers !

-----------------------------------------------------------
    BJÖRN HURRI | CONCEPT ARTIST & ILLUSTRATOR

MY PORTFOLIO | HURRICANES DAILY DOODLES '12
    MY EXCLUSIVE SKETCHBOOK
    VIKING: BATTLE FOR ASGARD
    TWITTER
    THE OTHER BROTHERS

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Yay, another update!
    wohooo!
    found some mixed again, some new, some older, still camera, sorry bout that
    hope you enjoy.

Hurricane: thanks a lot bro, your crits are always so incredible helpfull. cheers

here we go. enjoy

ok, heres a kinda quick potrait, unfinished,

and some wierd thingy, i have no clue what it is,,,

dont ask,,,,

and again, total failure...

thats all for today.. mote to come tomorrow!

enjoy
    peace

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    sup babe

It's good to see you keep this updated, I will try to do the same
    I gotta agree with hurricane. Try to get some midtones also, it's pretty much black or white here.
    I like the portrait, the first one in your latest posts.

Yaya, keep it up

.hugs

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.