Hi all...

I wanted to ask you a few questions.
I know nothing more about concept art exept watching it,
but I'm interested in knowing more about this style I'm seeing everywhere...

It's that Ralph McQuarry "look"...

I've seem this style used in concept art, book covers, CD covers, record covers etc.. It's allso the same style matte paintings are painted like.
I can see it on this site too.

What techniques is that, and what is that style called in general art?
When did it start?

One more question..

Can someone recommend me some classic (fameous and with tradition) artist to check out? I love futuristic stuff.