Art: Watts progression, Another one=p /updated 4/19
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Watts progression, Another one=p /updated 4/19

hey, just started watts last week and really enjoyed it, im taking the tonal drawing class with Eric and the other guys name totally passes me atm (o and if you browse these forums Eric, I was the guy sitting next to you during the warm ups ). anyways, both great teachers that are amazing artists. it was really great to see these guys break everything down and explain what they were doing so well. ive been doing the basic shapes routine for a while now, but the way these two explained how you do things was awsome. anyways here is my first piece, I only got 3 drawings done and 2 were warmups that looked like ass so I wont show you=p

4/12

hehe I got new paper this week too so hopefully it will help me render stuff better then that old dingy rough news print that I used on this one.

4/19

definatly not happy with this one. Dear god did I make 2 sets of lips? lol, its an alien and is my style, I SWEAR!!!

more crapola, I need to work on my lines, any suggestions, would love to hear them. crit it to death

Last edited by Noc; April 20th, 2005 at 03:05 AM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hey bro was nice meeting you at class, ill be keeping an eye on this thread :-)

not much to crit on the skull, cept that the right eye looks slightly off . hard to tell with the way you shaded it.
    everything else seems pretty good.

-jose

No man should be less than what he is.
    sketchbook- http://conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=61756

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    thanks bro, yea was looking around class at the begining wondering who you guys where heh....also just for any sd kids, Im thinking when I get my new place I might have some life drawing sessions if I can get the people, or at least do some sketch groups at my pad...Ill keep yall updated on it.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    ah, the pain and suffering of the asaro head. i know it well.

one suggestion i have overall is to try to go a little lighter with your lines at first, until you're really sure you've got everything laid in correctly (i tend to make the same mistake, myself). if you can, try to grab erik or the other instructor and have them double-check your placement, before you start laying in your shadow patterns.

your eye will gradually start to catch the mistakes, but until it's trained sufficiently, you'll literally need someone else's eye to check your proportions and placement. once they point out where and what to correct, then you'll start seeing it stick out as if it were lit with neon.

don't get discouraged, you're doing well.

--val

"If you want to create, you have to sacrifice superficiality, some security, and often your desire to be liked, to draw up your most intense insights, your most far-reaching visions." óClarissa Pinkola Estes
    --
    www.pantagruel.net

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.