Page 28 of 71 FirstFirst ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ... LastLast

Thread: zzzordbook - 11 June

Thanks
    SirGreenSock - Nik, it's always a pleasure to read your crits all up in this piece. And I don't ever get a chance to go to any long pose sessions, as these are only weekly and the longest poses only get to be 30-40 minutes. But uh... MONTREAL... 33 DAYS.

TwixenRumAlot - Hey you, thanks for commenting. And get some studying done! Don't be a burnout like me. I'll be calling you in a little bit. Yay

kingcoyote - HAHAHAH you got the Schnapp's! I told you it was the opposite of delicious. But um, I tried calling Ryan yesterday night and that mofo never answers his phone. All I get is his voicemail. EH.... NO LOVE FOR THE ZORD. And as I told Nik, 33 DAYS.

pennington - Thanks for the encouragement man, and lefty scissors are banned from the DOOM-Citadel. For all time. That's how bad they are, seriously.

dCepT - Thanks for the tip man, i'll definitely keep that in mind next time. I was thinking about doing that but got caught up in the way I was drawing. But much thanks for the crit!

So i'm done with classes until next semester... finals done, projects done, pressure is relieved.

First, paintings finished for class
    zzzordbook - 11 June

zzzordbook - 11 June

new one
    zzzordbook - 11 June

quick hand studies
    zzzordbook - 11 June

zzzordbook - 11 June

Designing a sort of concept to be printed on a hoody... if the design gets accepted.
    Initial quickies
    zzzordbook - 11 June
    zzzordbook - 11 June
    zzzordbook - 11 June

Refined ideas
    zzzordbook - 11 June
    zzzordbook - 11 June

Even more revised ideas. The plan is to have the final drawing done tomorrow. We'll see how that goes.
    zzzordbook - 11 June

And on that note... THIRTY THREE DAYS UNTIL MONTREAL!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    republican & democrat hoodie? fuck that, it's all about the green party

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jca
    republican & democrat hoodie? fuck that, it's all about the green party

Haha, just to clarify, the design isn't for me. It's for a website that has tons of good information about practices of corporations, etc. I'll give out more information once I know it's okay or when I know the design is accepted. But question, you voted for Nader? Or were you joking? 8)

Thanks
    shit - those animal sketches look downright incredible man. your taking huge leaps in skill these days. respect.
    tensai

check the Tensai Tokyo Sketch Thread (Sketchbook)

check the Tensai Cityscapes Thread (Finally Finished)

Quote Originally Posted by strych9ine
    Fuck backgrounds, who needs em.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Zord
    Haha, just to clarify, the design isn't for me. It's for a website that has tons of good information about practices of corporations, etc. I'll give out more information once I know it's okay or when I know the design is accepted. But question, you voted for Nader? Or were you joking? 8)
    come on man of course i was kidding... who the fuck votes for nader anyway?? lols omgomg

Thanks

twenty-eight days

jca - MAN, SOME people voted for Nader... yes, it's true. But we'll have to chill when I get back from home man, i'm serious. I'm missing the Cranston FOODZ... still waiting for some ill dim-sum or maybe more noodle soup. But thanks for dropping by as usual sir... will try to keep this shiz more updated. Cheers, CARLOZ!

tensai - Holy crap, respect from you? Much surprise on this end, sir. It's greatly appreciated and is always motivating. The respect is mutual too, much thanks!

Alright, so i'm at the home stretch for being here at school, a few more days and then i'm halfway home. And then another week with the lady and then MONTREAL. TWENTY-EIGHT DAYS NOW. It gets so much closer, almost exponentially. But onto the work, i'm a little disappointed with myself as i've lost a little direction on my work. I haven't been sketching as much and just taking time off. It seems to be working wonders though as i'm not stressed. Suppose I just have to get into the groove...

random sketch pages
    zzzordbook - 11 June

zzzordbook - 11 June

zzzordbook - 11 June

zzzordbook - 11 June

zzzordbook - 11 June

And a revised version of the elephant/donkey... shown to the "client"
    zzzordbook - 11 June

And the changes he wanted, less emphasis on values and defining more of the donkey's head. Not sure if the design will be accepted yet.
    zzzordbook - 11 June

Thanks
    yo, you're being productive. the animals are real nice! and the third pic down is superb! great job on that. cna't wait to see how much fun you guys have in montreal.
    my sketchbook

What drives a man, but that he should love and be loved, and find the purpose that his heart was made for.
    Whatever you do work at it with all your heart as working for the Lord. col. 3:23

10 Minute UberMega Battle Thread!!!

Thanks
    I can't wait to see how much fun we have in Montreal either! Heck yeah!

What's up super-mega-DOOM-Zord? Sweeeet work you got going on today! It looks like maybe relaxin' a bit is helpin' out some... Don't get too comfortable though, you wouldn't want the lords of DOOM riding your ass! Ha-ha!

Cute banana man... it's the liquer isn't it? You just can't get out of your head. I know the feeling... ugh. Oh, wait! That's a snail dude isn't it?! Damn! I forgot to check out my field guide to doom fauna before I started talking about it. Ha-ha! Okay... seriously. The little value study in the corner is pretty sweet. The hands and feet are frikkin' great! I like his pose too... looks like a rapper marking time. Try for a little more definition of muscle masses, and he's a tad on the tapered side... like an upside-down carrot.

I love that bird! And your hatching is just lovely... I tried to do that the other day, and it came out... Let's just say it was less than desireable, and more than eraseable. I think I drew an ill-fated dinosaur over it.

Nice portraits. Are they from ref, or life? It's nice to see you working out the form of things... Maybe try to push the contrast a little more.

These two own!

Solid work here. And here too, for that matter... I felt like the second one would have been better off without the dividing line between the two animals... I think even a real chucklehead of a client would be able to tell that that's not just an ass growing off the elephants backside! The line work is really good, and I really enjoyed the expression on the donkeys face in both of these images...

Keep up the good work man. I'll try to listen to the show tomorrow, but can't make any promises. Aaaaand, I'll see you in TWENTY-EIGHT days!

Till later, then... Take care and be good.
    Your friend
    KC
    You can choose to use your powers for good... or you can use them for AWESOME!

check out my sketchbook!
    100 in 100 Days
    Red Herring Illustration

Thanks
    pennington - Hey man, thanks for the continual kindness. Trying to keep busy sketching is hard when there are other things going on all around.

kingcoyote - Jeff man, definitely not getting too comfortable and relaxed. I'm just getting shit together to move out of this apartment to back home for the summer. It's always a pain. And i'm glad you like the snail thing, it's actually "Earl" from the Sega game "Toejam and Earl" from the 90's. My lady friend was playing it and decided to sketch'em. And Montreal gets sooner and sooner by the minute, i've watched the workshop video everyday for a few days now, and everytime I just turn up the volume and stare.

Alright, so this is a small small update as i'm packing stuff together to move out of this apartment for home. The updates won't be as frequent from here on out, but i'll definitely try. And side note: my last radio show tonight at 9-12PM eastern [www.wriu.org] or atleast until next semester. Tune in folks, call up if you want! Some of your fellow CA'ers have done it... and they all say they poo a little right afterwards. Cheers all.

zzzordbook - 11 June

zzzordbook - 11 June

zzzordbook - 11 June

Thanks
    Woo, couldnt comment earlier since CA seemed to be down...

Latest sp is your best work yet, solid proportions and values all around, keep watching the eye placement, still bit iffy and not leveled.
    The donkey/elephant design could read better than it does right now. In designs especially, it is important to consider the silhouette first, if it doesnt read well at first glance, neither will the image. In your case the donkey head gets lost in the body and gives greater emphasis on the elephant. If you wanna make the donkey spinning around, try shifting the angle of the whole creature, maybe a downward view, or a foreshortened view with one closer than the other and both turning to scream at the other, either way, gotta make sure the silhouette is readable and you'll get a solid design.
    Nikola Odic
    sketchbook
    site
    you got them purty lips, boy

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SirGreenSock
    Latest sp is your best work yet, solid proportions and values all around, keep watching the eye placement, still bit iffy and not leveled.
    I was too slow on the comment action, but was thinking the exact same thing. And since I'm quoting people...

Quote Originally Posted by That Fat Kid
    Supermegadooomzord is the greatest!
    Well there you go. Fatty thinks you're pretty spiff... We think you're swell too Andrew!

Seriously, though... I really liked the ballpoint drawings this time around. They are very loose, and really quite a departure from some of your other stuff lately. Looking at them, it struck me that they look a lot like some of hurricanes drawings... Thinking about it really a good deal of your marks are similar to how he handles things. I may be off base here, but I reckon that Hurri's not a bad choice of people to study from...

I missed your last show... I was out at a friends putting a shadow box together, and was there till about midnight. I was pretty dissapointed to miss it. I'll totally catch it next season tho...

Yer doing great stuffs here, and I can't wait to see more. Hope you have a good move home, and that the change in environment inspires you to (as Mark Kistler would say) Draw, Draw, Draw!

Take care man
    your fiend
    KC
    You can choose to use your powers for good... or you can use them for AWESOME!

check out my sketchbook!
    100 in 100 Days
    Red Herring Illustration

Thanks
    Shit, man. You're improving by the ass load these days. I'm so supa proud of ya! Your line making may not be confident but I'll be damned if I don't see a certain style arrising outta those frantic marks! Seriously, Zord... you're makin' some huge freakin' progress. Nice to see you playin' wit' da' paint too. Think you could push those further but you'll have time for that later. Lovin' the new stuff. What else can say? Good luck with the freelance gig. I'm still hopin' and prayin' I can find SOMETHING outta college. Highly doubtful at this time tho. Man, Johnny... this stuff just looks tasty. I can't say enough. Keep up the hard work, man. I'm gonna throw down some sketchin' with you when we get to MTL. Lemme know if you're ever gonna make it thru the Lou'. Peace.

PS: Sorry I missed your show... been purty busy with finals and graduatin' an' shit.

Thanks
    SirGreenSock - Nik man, thanks for the crit/comments about the design. It's actually finished now so no worries. But thanks for always giving me that extra push. DOOMTEAMGO!

kingcoyote - Jeff dude, thanks for the kind words as usual. The moving wasn't as bad as I thought, it's just been raining for a week non-stop and still going over there. I'm at home with the lady and her family and there hasn't been a day without some kind of suburban drama-ish. But other then that, trying to concentrate through the noise with the sketchybook. And how many days are there till Montreal? Say it with me... TWENTY THREE DAYS.

ZebzFree - RyDOOMan, congratulations on finishing school and graduating! You gots to beef up that portfolio like baseball players on the 'roids MAAAAAAAN! And that website of yours too... c'mon. It's been awhile man.... I remember when I was a wee-member with only about 100 posts and seeing the site under construction. But thanks for the props mister, I really appreciate it. I don't get it enough as I don't really show anyone here my work. And the project went well... it's nice to be free of pressure. Cheers man.

So i'm finally moved out and sketching again. I haven't been able to scan because I haven't got a scanner so this update is half camera half scanned from a few days ago. Digital camera pictures only work well during the day when there's sunlight... atleast with the camera i'm using. But, GOOD NEWS... the design of the elephant/donkey is finished and was accepted!! But this post is of stuff from the last couple of days, the recent stuff will most likely be posted tomorrow.

random stuffs
    zzzordbook - 11 June

zzzordbook - 11 June

zzzordbook - 11 June

elephant/donkey design with some revisions
    zzzordbook - 11 June

the final version
    zzzordbook - 11 June

final version that's going to be printed, will post the product when it's donedone
    zzzordbook - 11 June

Page 28 of 71 FirstFirst ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.