Page 28 of 62 FirstFirst ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    sexellent stuff zordo!
    this one is definite portfolio material, or at least something from this type of work. The orange works well. Is it a waterbased marker? Its pretty streaky, although it could also be the paper.

I assume at least one of these beasties is goin in? They really show how youre pushing values. Same crit as with the enviros in last post, wanna see you do more with these guys, different angles, poses, interaction etc.
    Really liking what youre starting to do with pen. Still should watch the proportions, but its getting way better!

Oh, and this one is great, dont touch it any more, comes off as a very nice illustration I think!
    4 days now? FUCK man i can already taste the pouuuuuuutinee.

wooooooo
    *blinks*
    Nikola Odic
    sketchbook
    site
    you got them purty lips, boy

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    SirGreenSock - NIK! Holy shit it's almost time! The enviro thumbnails are done with prismacolor markers. Gotta get better handling them. Thanks for the comments too! It definitely helps with what i'm going to do with the portfolio. Gotta get just a LIIIIIIITTLE bit more done, and then print them shiz out! And we gotta get some poutine together! [sp?] It'll get us closer to a heart attack but atleast we'll be enjoying it! Cheers man!

This is just a tiny update... apologies for the bad quality of the pictures; the lighting in the room is a little dull/dark. Also had the chance to meet/sketch/chat with Koroshiya001 tonight; ala pre-workshop excitement build up. And oh man, let me just say that I can feel the electricity buzzing ALL AROUND>>> 2 more days!

zzzordbook - 11 June

zzzordbook - 11 June

zzzordbook - 11 June

zzzordbook - 11 June
    Last edited by Zord; June 4th, 2006 at 04:03 AM.

Thanks
    I really like the new pictures. The environment ones looks all futuristic and I like the color. I like the one of the old guy. You can see the definition of the face really well. Your armor is getting much better too. Something like that should go in the portfolio.

Thanks
    That green one is hot stuff. SO CLOSE!

Portfolio comin' together?

Best,
    -Wil
    SSG #11 is louder than 10.
    Taj | SkapeGoat | Dose206 | Noë | Cromsoneye | Tie | wil.whalen

Thanks
    Hey bud,

good sps !! Loads of them, i can see improvement as well! The crit i only have about them is that they dont seem to have any foreheads Maybe you could do some loomis, only a suggestion though .

Keep on going ! Doing well !!!!!!!!

Qxzi

Thanks
    good rendering and nice ideas, but i reallt think you should always keep working on the basics too, the head proportions always look different, so try and get the basic shape right before going for rendering.Keep updating and try to slow down a bit sometime (well listen who's talking LOL)

ciao

Thanks
    yo brotha.... love your monster concept u better be doing art son!
    Once u BOON u don't go back

Thanks
    Dont mind me I am just following TFK around every post :o

*puts his troll costume on*

SNORL!!

yes sketches soon must have them...eat sketches mmm
    Keep your dream alive - Feed it daily!

"The true essence of swordsmanship is like the willow blowing in the gentle breeze" - Tesshu (someday my art will be like this)

website

Mah Sketchbawk!

Thanks
    you had better be drawing or so help me...

loving the creatures and your sp's are looking better and better!

absolutely awesome meeting you in montreal.

Thanks
    Oh man... it feels so strange coming back to this dusty thread of mine.. almost like leaving a small town for 10 years and coming back to a giant metropolis. But i'm finally updating a little bit for everyone as I didn't even notice people's commenting on a thread turned ghost town. Much thanks.

But first... replies...

TwixenRumAlot - Dearest M, you're coming to visit in a few days and you've gotta save me from this living at home parental control madness. My inner child is dying inside and i'm slowly evolving into a hunchbacked old man that just works all the time. Oh man,

koroshiya001 - Wil, we're going to have to jam some sketchsauce soon... coffeeshop or something. Been doing that a lot lately. Even have one of my other friends to go with me.

Qxzi - Hey man, thanks for the encouragement. I noticed that none of my heads had foreheads so I tried quelling the beast with this update... hopefully it shows some kind of improvement. Much thanks for the kindness.

TheGnoll - Thanks for the tips. I've definitely slowed down a lot and have been taking more time to produced less sketchy but more finished work.

BOON - Man oh man oh man, I hope you're doing well dude. I think you may actually be in the big T right now, [aka THAILAND], so you better be enjoying the sights and food for me. No worries about me arting it up, been doing more everyday. What about you my asian BRO-SKI?! Oh damn post MTL/YUL withdrawals.

That fat kid - HEY DOOD, yea, i've been drawing. I don't remember if I told you my plans for being at home but i've been trying to keep to my schedule of concentrating on certain things for about 3 days each, and then over-viewing all of them together. Like 3 days were legs, or heads, or the torso, etc. It's just tough when i'm busting my ass at the restaurant. Sadness. But thanks for stopping in friend.

Tetsuo - So if there was a ninja/pirate fight i'm guessing you'd want the ninja's to win? And have you by any chance seen "The Street Fighter", starring none other than action star SONNY CHIBA??? Hah, was definitely cool meeting you in Montreal man. Didn't get to chitchat as much as i'd like, seems like we were all in a sort of concentrated trance like soaking of information stage.

easy tiger! - Thanks for the push sir. And likewise with meeting you and the others from SCADDY SCAD SCAD. Didn't get to hang out as much as i'd have liked.. the lack of sleep fkept me away from getting to know everyone better ala antisocial and being tired and dozing off. Till next time man.

I haven't updated in a long long while because of the promise I made myself during the workshop. I noticed I spend way too much time browsing the sketchbook section, hell, just browsing CA altogether and not spending enough time concentrating on making quality work. Since then i've been browsing CA a lot less. [Although i'm guilty of sneaking into the lounge every now and again. The thread about the "CA School" sounds... what's the word, completely badass?] Another part of the promise to myself was to only post the work that's of better quality than a lot of the "not so good" sketches that come from a pencil fart that only lasts 10 seconds.

I've been trying to incorporate EVERYTHING into the work, and getting out and experiencing as much as I can. The workshop was the most eye-opening experience EVER, and being with such a large number of like-minded people is something I definitely miss a lot. To everyone I met and talked to and battled the rain with, shared a few drinks or even just walked next to, I salute you and you all have my respect and more importantly my friendship.

So i'm going to try the new image uploader thing and see how it goes. Most of the sketches are done post-workshop minus a couple that were done during. Apologies for some of the blurry ones.

edit: Also wanted to add that I guess i'll keep this SB thread as I almost just started a new one post-workshop. We'll see how it goes I guess. Thoughts? Opinions? And pee es, much appreciation to all.
    Last edited by Zord; July 5th, 2006 at 04:18 AM.

Thanks

oh god yes

Zord, johnnydoom, Mission!
    Thanks for the kind words and the update
    ---> so from what i'm hearing it sounds like the Montreal experience was life changing for us all-->i'm so glad to hear that you are working hard towards improvement--> for a few days after the workshop, hell, even during, i had this crazy creative drawing constipation that was so hard to get over... like my mind was blown, but in a good way.

adieus and gorgeous update, my brother in doom. It seems to me that you are really pushing the pencils to some incredible new discoveries and vistas, keep up the fantastic progress, you are getting better...Keep us posted and best of wishes in the heartland... I will be calling you soon to discuss this update in more depth.

Adieus good sir,
    GUGGENJOELERMANEUVA

Thanks
    Okay... so there are TWO good reasons why I don't like the new image uploader thingie. 1.I can't quote you're images in my responces, and 2.I also can't see the images when I'm commenting on them!

Grrrr...

SUPERMEGADOOMZORD!

Great update man, and I'm glad to see you're still hard at it! I really especially liked the one of the light with all the eraser lines through it... very good, and dynamic.

Like Joel said, you're totally pushing the pencil to some new levels, and getting better all the time. I'm glad to see that you're sticking (mostly) to your plan, but I still miss you ... I hope to hear from you a little more often, and look forward to seeing more of this kind of improvement in the future.

Take care man!
    Your bother in DOOOM
    KC

edit:I also really liked the chicken leg one... made me laugh. clever.
    You can choose to use your powers for good... or you can use them for AWESOME!

check out my sketchbook!
    100 in 100 Days
    Red Herring Illustration

Thanks
    so I finally get to see what you were working on. I like the first two: the mailbox and the light thing. I dont know what the second one is but I like it because it looks more real.

Thanks
    Hmm no pirates and ninjas should have a big party together and drink lots of ale and sake! Thats the only way.

Yeah next time we meet we have to talk a bit more. I guess the trance wore off on the last night :|

DOH!
    Keep your dream alive - Feed it daily!

"The true essence of swordsmanship is like the willow blowing in the gentle breeze" - Tesshu (someday my art will be like this)

website

Mah Sketchbawk!

Thanks
    Looking great man! I was just waiting for you to finally update this thread post-workshop ...
    Man Montreal seems to have effected everyone quite amazingly, I'm seeing so much drawing being done...hell I've almost finished a skethbook myself! I miss being with all you guys!
    Those drawings are really coming along amazingly well, and just as KingCoyote and Guggenmaneuver said, your pushing your pencil rendering and your pushing it in all the right directions. I'm liking the faces that are coming from your rendering, so keep up the great work man! I really can't wait till the next update!
    Check out my Website! http://www.davehiemstra.ca------------------

Page 28 of 62 FirstFirst ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 1