Sketchbook Support Group - Page 19

View testimonialsView Artwork
Page 19 of 47 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    artificial_green, I think theres space left in our group. Some of the people havent replied here and unless they do I guess we will leave them out. (edit: well really its just Unbreakable, post if your in man!) If your interested in joining let us know and Ill add you!

Ok, great zeeble. Im adding you to the sig.

Heres a suggestion for a name: "Unseen Sixteen".
    Too cheesy?

Last edited by Morbid; March 2nd, 2006 at 10:07 AM.
    /Daniel

Sketchbook
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi all... I was just wondering... if someone was interested in making something like... 17 SSG? I am!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Ok, heres the new signature then...

Code:

PHP Code:
    [center][size="4"][font="Tahoma"][b][color="DarkSlateBlue"]- SSGXVI The Unseen Sixteen -[/color][/b][/font][/size][b
    [
    url="http://www.conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=37280&page=2"]Morbid[/url]-[url="http://conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=61750"]Destinatus[/url]-[url="http://www.conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?p=758365"]SpazzoLemealn_99[/url]-[URL="http://conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=62732"]zeeble[/URL]-[url="http://conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=62057"]blitz_[/url]-[url="http://www.conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=61821"]Unbreakable[/url]-[URL="http://conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?p=760976"]artificial green[/URL]
    [/
    b][/center
    Edit: added The to Unseen Sixteen

Last edited by Morbid; March 2nd, 2006 at 05:00 PM.
    /Daniel

Sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I'm in! thanks!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    has a ring to it Unseen sixteen, very nice. welcome artificial.

not affiliated and not worth your time. dead as of april

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey guys, since I'm always happy about helping en motivating comments in my SB, can I join a group of yours? Can be the 17th, too.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Yep, yep Why not?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    K, I'll hereby start group #17 then.

Shiny sig:
    HTML Code:
    [FONT="Impact"][COLOR="Red"]S[/COLOR][COLOR="SandyBrown"]S[/COLOR][COLOR="Red"]G[/COLOR][COLOR="SandyBrown"]#[/COLOR][COLOR="Red"]1[/COLOR][COLOR="Red"]7[/COLOR][COLOR="Purple"]![/COLOR][/FONT]
    [URL="http://www.conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=45212&page=2"]Faust[/URL] [URL="http://www.conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=61646"]Denysiuk[/URL]
    Want to keep this daily buddy?

Last edited by ~Faust~; March 3rd, 2006 at 01:51 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Why not? Five high, down low, to slow
    So we are looking for some partners to our Support Group Number 17

P.S. I'll poste some comments to your sketchbook later, Couse now I'm going on a bear & footbal on a table (U know this game?)
    Cheers

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Maybe I better hook up with this support system thing.. I need someone to kick me in the bum so I scan some crap a little more regularly.

Am I cool enough for the mighty 17?

Sketchbook 2005 2006 2009

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Yeah, I checked your SB, the question is are we cool enough for you to have as a member? Just kidding. Gonna post something in your SB later! Welcome aboard!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    these sketchbook groups are like a trend now, how about me?? Can I join seventeen???? i can use some ass whupping!! lets improve lets go lets go. ;D

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Sure welcoome and enjoy your stay Don't forget to PM the others and post in their scetchbooks.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I'm on yes
    If U are interested in joining our support group, put that code in your signature (so will do we)

HTML Code:
    [CENTER] :right: [B]SSG No. [COLOR="white"][SIZE="4"]17[/SIZE][/COLOR][/B] :left: 

[COLOR="white"]:::[/COLOR] [url="http://www.conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=45212&page=2"][b][SIZE="3"]F[/SIZE][/b]aust[/url] [COLOR="White"]:::[/COLOR] [url="http://www.conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=61646"][SIZE="3"][b]D[/b][/SIZE]enysiuk[/url] [COLOR="White"]:::[/COLOR] [url="http://www.conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?p=636311#post636311"][B][SIZE="3"]B[/SIZE][/B]loodsbane[/url] [COLOR="White"]:::[/COLOR] [url="http://www.conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=62959"][B][SIZE="3"]C[/SIZE][/B]hichigo[/url] [COLOR="White"]:::[/COLOR]
    [/CENTER]

Last edited by Denysiuk; March 6th, 2006 at 04:10 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I also need my ass whooped, I'm not nearly as good as a lot of you guys, but I'd appreciate the help and motivation. If there's any room in any groups left, I'd appreciate it, or I can wait until another one forms. My sketchbook is here

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hmmm... guys... I'm rather on not. To be honest, I don't have enought time to give advices on this level... You can decide, but I won't be an active user in this connection

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    you mean its too many people?? I actually agree, it took me ages to properly critique just the three of you guys. Maybe Madfish can start group 18.

Or did you mean you wanted to quit?? Dangit Denysiuk, we had such a great group going. You don't have to say a lot, don't even write in full sentences if you're busy.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,221 Times in 625 Posts
    Follows
    Following
Hi, I dont know, but is there any space over for me to join any of those support groups ,
just to push my self doing more drawings ??
I know I have barely 25 post, but I promise I will stay addicted if I could
join any of those groups..
and It would be more fun If even I got some posts in my sketchbook

Thx

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I'll be in group 18, certainly, but I don't know if I'm good enough to offer advice, though I'm willing to ry. Support I can defunately give. I'm sure we can gather enough solders for group 18

Thanks
    Thanked 1,221 Times in 625 Posts
    Follows
    Following
  • Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Actually I was thinking about, that she cannot give us good advices. So I think it's a better idea to serch for people in nearly same level o drawing to give right sugesstions.
    It does't mean that I don't want anybody new in our group ... Ok, tou decide who'll be in and give me just info to change the signature...
    Support Group is to support all of us, not to take care of one person in group, just a thought

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I understand what you mean, we can work on similar problems and grow together. Please don't be offended Mad, it's only so we can support each other properly and we don't want to leave anyone behind. I support Denysiuk's decision.

But no more than six people at the end, how about that? Six people per group is a good number.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Not offended at all, I'd rather have someone who could give me some advice too. Six people is plenty in a group, I'll wait for the next one

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    ^That means group 17 is still searching for members skill-level is somewhat beyond beginner but not yet art-student I guess.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey all, I'd like to be in a group too. Not sure if I'm group 17 material (probably not), but I'd be happy anywhere This sounds like a good way to make some friends and make some progress!

Chisa's Happy Place (sketchbook) | chisa@deviantart | The ChiGarden | sketchblog

SSG No. 17

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Actually, I scanned through your scetchbook, you are working extremely hard, already have a sense what's going on, gesture and color-wise. I don't see why not. I'd do some critique on ya!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Chichigo
    I understand what you mean, we can work on similar problems and grow together. Please don't be offended Mad, it's only so we can support each other properly and we don't want to leave anyone behind. I support Denysiuk's decision.

But no more than six people at the end, how about that? Six people per group is a good number.
    Six is the number I had in mind, also

I disagree about the similar level thing however. Just imagine YOU would be the one on the lowest level and you had some kickass artists in your group that support you and help you growing. Critique on the new ones is rather simple, actually, since many artists had or have the same problems if I browse through the various scetchbooks. They'll feel much more supported and motivated when an artist on a higher "level" is watching their stuff and I know I would work my ass off even more to attain that standard.

The work on similar problems is something that seems dangerous to me, too. I try to force myself to face new problems everyday and to learn the things I'm lacking. So my subjects and studies vary rapidly and I get stuck more often than not at things I'm shit at. Does that make me something less than somebody who works on one thing, becomes a master at it, and works even more on that? I dunno. Really.

Less skilled artist (I'm not talking about less talented, here) do have a lot to offer to you more skilled guys, actually. First, it's the asspatting and admiration you got from them which keeps a warm and fuzzy feeling in your crotch and second, they can give critique, too. You con't have to be a singer to lead a choir. At least they can tell you if they like it or not. And if you encourage them to think about WHY they like it, they'll make a great step forwards in their own artistic proces. At least that's what keeps me criticising other people's scetchbooks.

The thing I'm mostly not cool with is the bashing of other artists to call them less good or something. It's very easy to crush the ego of a hard working artist, unless he's far superior than you. Hell, even if somebody told me that fat 12-year old kid in the neighbourhood draws better anatomy-studies than me I'd totally buy it. I'm always discontent about my work as I see the flaws and try to improve. So I'm the least to judge my work and to call me skilled or whatever. That's why I never tell other people than their art is badder than mine. Because I can't.

I say, let's take Madfishmonger and Chisa and call than a full group

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    In that case, i think it'd have to be madfish and dile, because i believe you skipped right over him.

Faust, you make a great point, and i admire how you're very supportive of everyone who's interested in the arts. It is true that artists improve a lot more if people help them along by pointing out their mistakes and it may be more difficult if a group comprises of all artists of the same level. But then I hope then, that if whoever joins up is a beginning artist, they will work hard and read art books to gain knowledge to learn how to critcize both themselves and the rest of the group, because as densiuk said, its not a one way street.

And don't get me wrong, i believe i have a lot to work on too, especially after seeing the professional work here at CA or even many of the people's sketchbooks, they far far far surpass myself. But that's why more than ever, we need good critcisms (like the ones you gave me *drool*).

But anyways, welcome to the group guys/girls.

@dile: support groups are so addicting. It's keeping me latched onto CA. That and the amazing art people churn out.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I'm on YES for Chisa!

And by the way... good said "You scrawed it man, try one more time, and do: so, so, so" is better than "Oh, ah, what a beautiful thing"...

PEACE ['(.*]

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I really don't mind which group I'm in as long as I have a bunch of people to point out my mistakes You guys seem great, but I'm fine to wait for the next group too.

Chisa's Happy Place (sketchbook) | chisa@deviantart | The ChiGarden | sketchblog

SSG No. 17

• Page 19 of 47 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 6