Gallery pic
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Gallery pic

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Gallery pic

Drew this up for my website. It's suppossed to look like a transition from a sketch to an ink to a digital paint. Don't know if its obvious but thats what i was going for. I thought that the glowing star would be a good idea at the time, now i'm not so sure. I might just leave it blank, lemme know your thoughts. the colouring was done in painter. Still learning

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    it looks nice so far.....but im not sure what you're trying to say in this pic.....is the tree magical?......and yeah....the blue star does look odd there.....i think you should put more detail into the star to kinda blend in with the rest of the pic....and have more of a glow effect on it.

but keep it up....i'd like to see more improvement on it!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    you have a verry nice nickname... but the sketch is bad...
    com'on... you have trees all around you! Get a sketchbook and start drowing trees from life!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    What is wrong with the tree other than saying its bad?? That's not very helpful. Besides this is based on trees from where i live.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey real nice pic youve got there, although a few things on the ditigal painted side I think might portray your idea better, would be:

-to cover up all lines showing through, including the outline,

-and mabey some sky showing between the branches.

-there should be shadows cast on each branch, as the ones above it should be blocking the sun.

- It would be nice IMO, to have a real wood colour for the tree, so that the blue light coming from the glowing star will cast a blue colour on the surrounding branches.
    Unless of course you chose those cool colours to co-ordenate with the colour of your web page.

But again IMO, it would be pleasant for the viewer to have the first thing they see is a nice RICH piece of art. Remember first impressions are important.

-I also think that the star shouldnt sit between those two branches, because it looks squashed in, when theres a perfect space for a focal point just above it , where there is no branches.

Hope I helped, and good luck with your website.
    ----
    Becca

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks, i guess a few things i forgot to make clear. This isn't actually the front page of my website, I'm currently working on that image, and it will be a completely finished pic of the tree. And i did choose the colour of the tree to match with the site colours. As for the outlines, i'll be sure to fix that, and i'll add some sky showing through. Thanks for the constructive input.

-Orion

Edit: i just looked at your site rebecca. It's funny, my site used to be the exact same colours until now when i recently changed it. I grew tired of that bluish green.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I like it and i see the transition. Nice!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I don't think the sketch is bad, it just needs more of a sense of perspective. The sketch ---> digital painting idea isn't very well brought forth.. it just sorta looks like you didn't finish. I think it you brought more colour in to the painting side and something of a background it could help get your idea across better.

Art is long and time is fleeting

Sketchbook
    Website

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.