Art: death
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: death

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

death

this is part two of a rework of someone elses idea for my demo reel -i was going to model it but i don't think i will.i know its kind of sloppy and the background is undefined,but it was two days work between putting it on paper and then photoshopping it.any crits,comments are welcome.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    there's not a whole lot to comment on when you yourself know what's wrong with it--what you've actually decided to render looks great, particularly the motorcycle and the gun, skull and helmet. but the entire background is a vague, unresolved mess. it's ok to leave all the attention on the foreground and have the background mostly be silhouettes of buildings on fire (since you probably dont wan't to crowd the composition anyhow), but you really ought to at least render the background in the same style as the foreground.

the motorcycle and death are of course the central focus and make it worth working out the rest of the piece. it looks like the motorcycle is hovering a bit on the background, especially with the white outline around the bike clearly visible.. parts of the motorcycle (like the wheels and wheel covers) look like photoshop whereas the forks and main body of the motorcycle look like they've been scanned, try to harmonize the whole drawing in one style or the other.

reference would be a good diea for better resolving the near thigh of death (is it on fire, or is that light on his pantleg?), as well as flesh out (no pun intended) his leather jacket better.

basically you've got all the foundations set for a pretty nice looking piece--there's nothing i can tell you that you probably don't already realize when you look at this piece. so consider it time to put away excuses for why it's not finished and take the time to finish it. the motorcycle looks awesome, bring the rest of the image up to that level.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    the weels are like... clean and shiny, but the character is... well look at it...
    it's a bad contrast...
    besides, the hole thing is too black...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    i really like it. but it would be a cooler concept for ghostrider, u know that comic character on a chopper.
    and it kind reminds me of a nazi, dont know why.
    but black is beutyfull and this is pure black.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I take it this is the image you are going off of?

My site is currently being updated and will be online again in a day or two

- TJ
    www.tjframe.com

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    yeah i know it was a rush and excuses are -excuses.i like working in black and most of the time if i put in the effort i can make use of high contrast tones and they work great so no apologies for that, but i should be consistent throughout.and i'll find some time to rework the body with some refs because i did it off the top of my head and i wasn't happy with it.about the background i wanted to make areas of light and dark to silhoutte the guy-maybe just areas of light and dark?any suggestion would be appr.if anyone knows the name of the guy/gal who did the original pic i would like to get it so he/she can get the credit for the concept-anyway thanks guys for the crits-

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by merc13
    if anyone knows the name of the guy/gal who did the original pic i would like to get it so he/she can get the credit for the concept-anyway thanks guys for the crits-
    Dude I just posted who did the image - me. That's why I posted the original image.

- TJ
    www.tjframe.com

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    thanks-its a cool concept

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The style of the background and the actual piece are not meshing well. That's what hits me right away. You know what needs to be fixed, so get to it.

He who asks is a fool for five minutes,
    but he who does not ask remains a fool forever.

Starting over.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.