Page 18 of 62 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ... LastLast
    Thanks

Thumbs up

i love the new rules (i love rules? what have i become? ), they are just what i thought it needed.

a question though; if the assignment is for a b/w character design or grayscale, can you post the preliminary concepts in sketch format as long as the finished article is presented as well? i have no experience in concept design as a profession, but i'd imagine you have to come up with several effective concepts and this might include showing evidence of previous concepts, blah blah blah i'm losing myself in my sentences. anyway. is that.. okay?

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Aremah
    So is she supposed have the wrinkled tits or not? I mean, if this was an actual conversation, would the artist side with one of the speakers on this matter as he wished, or would he have to assume that they don't want them after all? And another stupid question: if it's a full body design, is it more of a concept thing, or do we have to make into a full blown illustration (i.e. complete background, props, whatnot)?
    oh, and i don't know if i'm really in a position to say so, but you can see from the fictional conversation that the guy proposing wrinkled tits agreed to there being no wrinkled tits, so i'd assume you draw.. no wrinkled tits. and fully body design probably means.. full BODY design, not full body and background illustration.

Thanks
    Agreed on first, just wanted to be sure.

About the second, though - this is an illustration activity. If you look back at the various assignments before, they were illustrations, with all that it entails. Now, the Re-design thread was locked down, and this is one of those things (also like the Alice assigment) that would have fit better there. Now, perhaps this thread has become a mix - which would be cool. But I don't know that and want to clear it up.

Sketchbook: Aremah: Book One

Old stuff: Aremah's Irregular Sketchbook and Dump

Cold silence has a tendency to atrophy any sense of compassion.

Thanks
    This is not a concept design activity. . .sort-of.

What is needed is a full body illustration. The illustration is for the company to get more money, and chances are since they didn't have designs before, concepts will probably be devoloped from your image. Think of it more like advertisement. This is sort of like a poster to get you to see the movie. It can either be black & white or greyscale. You can post sketches, but you have to update it with a final by editing the initial post, however I recomend that you just post finals and make a wip outside the activity and just add a link when you post the final. . .this way you get comments and help before presenting an image here. hope this helps, and you can always pm for a private critique, sort of like getting sketches approved for final.

Pawlack- although a nice start for the activity, you need to read the rules for this assignment closer, full body illustration. Also it is mentioned that she has the body of a maggot, the details are always important. If you want to participate, work a little more on your design, make the changes needed, and edit your post with a new image. Thanks, and welcome to the Illustration Activity.

The darkest abyss, close, but actually Washington
    Thanks
    Thanks to Aremah and Rick for the crits, and Alice was to have magical powers and all the coool fireball throwing jazz, I guess I failed there, lol, The Hatter, I just thought he whould look meaner with a hay hook then a teapot, sure, you can clock someones face with a tea kettle, but can you carve off very fine slices of skin and organize them in a crosshatching pattern to cover your face when you go do it again? HA, I think not...

Anywho, this is a thought second assignment, will try to get that mashed out...

Thanks
    I laughed hard when I read the "conversation" between the producer and the director I'm SO down for this assignment!

d-C

Thanks
    gah! regrettably can't take part this week owing to school issues which are taking up a greater deal of time than anticipated. But back in the game next week, definitely!

Thanks for the crits on the last one, hershey, all duly noted!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,063 Times in 830 Posts
    preliminary sketch,gotta find better composition.
    Illustration Activity - (New Activity-Month Long-join before Dec. 7th)
    Sketchbook

Sketchbooks of inspiration:
    Marc Taro|Maxetormer|ZhuZhu|Jeri|Dobu]

Always think about:
    lighting! design! perspective! proportion!
    And (self)motivation is still everything.

Thanks
    try turning the maggot body part like it was a snake doing a circle it would make the demon look more balanced.
    Lazor

Thanks
    Thanked 2,063 Times in 830 Posts
    on search of creating a better pic,don't worry...this was just an idea-finding one.
    Sketchbook

Sketchbooks of inspiration:
    Marc Taro|Maxetormer|ZhuZhu|Jeri|Dobu]

Always think about:
    lighting! design! perspective! proportion!
    And (self)motivation is still everything.

Thanks

Thanks

lost any sort of inspiration for this halfway through. most likely going to restart and try to do something origional.
    fasjd;...

Thanks
    Hi Rick since it said newbie friendly I'll have a go too

I kept upper right corner free to give possibility to add text
    Last edited by Mindflaw; June 23rd, 2005 at 08:42 PM. Reason: worked some more on it
    My sketchbook flawed to the max page 5
    Ps:Hope you understand my English.
    Remember my advices taste best with a grain of salt.

Thanks

here ya go...

OK, so here's mine. There's something wrong with how her former body is sitting on the maggot body and i know i still have to work on shadows and stuff. that's always been a stumbling block in my work.

In case you don't see the grandmother figure was actually taken over by a giant maggoty thing and you can kinda see where in entered her and what it's done to her since. i was going for something less cliche with the horns. instead of just devil or goat-like horns i made them look like stalagmites ripping through fer flesh to "establish" the new being. hope you like...

btw: there's actually a lighter grey that i used in there but it didn't scan well so there...

Thanks

why oh why?

WHY is it that every time I post something the activity dies??? Is anyone out there????

Page 18 of 62 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ... LastLast