Thanks

Monograph on Eleuteri Serpieri - need help collecting some data

Hi. I'm writting a monograph on Eleuteri Serpieri thats due Wensday. I already finished it, but its rather general and short, and since I have the time, I'd like to add some more information.

The problem is that there is not much information on Serpieri's life to begin with.

The bibliography I have used is the following:

Druuna Official Home Page
    www.druuna.net

Eduardo Martínez-Pinna, Tebeosfera, 2003
    http://www.tebeosfera.com/Personaje/Druuna.htm

Lambiek Comiclopedia – Paolo Eleuteri Serpieri
    http://www.lambiek.net/serpieri_pe.htm

Dale Farris, Golden Triangle PC Club, Marzo 2002.
    http://www.gtpcc.org/gtpcc/druuna.htm

Paolo Eleuteri Serpieri, Morbus Gravis (1985- ). http://home10.inet.tele.dk/terra/morbus_gravis.html

Druuna and Morbus Gravis, Marzo 1999.
    http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Shadowlands/4434/

---

I've also run into a lot of other sources that pretty much present the same data in the mentioned entries.

What I'd like to know is details about Serpieri's life, like, did he ever marry? how many times? when? what are his hobbies? what was his childhood like? I know he moved to Rome when he was young. What happened during those years? Did he encounter any problems throughout his life? Did he have to battle censourships on his works? etc etc etc

I can't seem to find this kind of information anywhere on the net, much less the libraries. So I thought it would be best to ask. Please, if anyone has any extra info, please let me know or drop in a link. I'd appreciate it very much. Thanks!

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    He likes to draw women from behind.....I mean....he likes to draw women's behinds.....

you get what I mean
    There are 3 sides to every story. Yours, mine and THE TRUTH.

Thanks
    Yup. Pretty much got that down. : P

any info?

Thanks
    Come on guys, 30 views and no clue as to where to find some more data on his life?

On the fringes of "acceptable" observation and commentary.
    Thanks
    The sources you have pretty much cover all there is published about might try e-mailing a couple of those sites (using an online English>Italian translator) and ask them questions.
    This is about the only "new" info I found.
    http://www.stuartngbooks.com/catalog11artistsrv.html , #363
    Change is Inevitable, Growth is Optional
    I am The Choosen One!
    Jason sez: Draw more from Life!

Thanks
    Thanks madster, yeah there hasn't been much publication about his life really. Good idea about mailing the webmasters, thing is I lack a transaltion software. Anyway, I have to present it tomorrow, so I'm pretty much done, just wanted to include some extra stuff if there was any. Thanks for replying.

On the fringes of "acceptable" observation and commentary.
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bRØk3n_sPiRiT
    Thanks madster, yeah there hasn't been much publication about his life really. Good idea about mailing the webmasters, thing is I lack a transaltion software. Anyway, I have to present it tomorrow, so I'm pretty much done, just wanted to include some extra stuff if there was any. Thanks for replying.
    You have an Internet connection, or you wouldn't be posting here.
    Ever heard of a Search Engine?
    Try the keywords FREE ONLINE LANGUAGE TRANSLATOR, or FREE ONLINE ITALIAN TO ENGLISH TRANSLATION....sheesh!
    You'll probably even be spared that effort, as I'm sure someone here will post a translator link for you.
    Change is Inevitable, Growth is Optional
    I am The Choosen One!
    Jason sez: Draw more from Life!

Thanks
    Yeah but I just moved to another city so I check the forums from cibercafes. I thought you were talking about some software you need to install from a cd or something, thats why I said I didnt have it. Sure you can use online translations but I've used a few to check how it translates english to spanish and spanish to english and it reads kinda wrong, in spanish you say the noun before the adjective, like, instead of "red car" you say "auto rojo" which translates to "car red". See what I mean? I dont know how well it would translate to italian.

Given the tone of your post I suspect you imply some sort of slackish behaviour on my behalf. Thats not the case at all, as the monography is finished, and like you yourself said, the bibliography I used covered pretty much everything there is published on Serpieri. I worked on it until I couldn't find anything else, so I did commit to it and put in the effort. Given all this, I think it is clear that the intention of this thread was not in any way to get someone to "do the work for me". I don't see any reason for agressiveness.
    Last edited by brokk; April 5th, 2005 at 05:09 PM.