Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast

Thread: Enthombedīs Sketchbook

Thanks
    hey! thanks for stopping by my SB.. you got some good stuff ine here.. feels quite uneven at times.. some of the drawings are just great and sometimes they're not so good, not bad either though.. keep working the anatomy, feel like it's really working for you at times..

peace!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    trying to paint more stuffs now, this is the first tryout.

C&C are wellcome in this round

Cheers

icaro

Enthombedīs Sketchbook

Thanks
    hey dudes, one stuff to nt stop this thread.

This is one mouse speed paint. i think 20 min, i never try this before with a mouse and like this shade.

Share your critics.

Enthombedīs Sketchbook

Icaro

Thanks
    Thanks for the comments! IMO you should try digi-painting from reference. First for proportions (if human), but more importantly value, then for color- in my opinion, pencil is much better for things like anatomy.

Take a picture you like, good composition, good subject... Then desaturate it, zoom out, and make flat values of what you see. This helps increase your ability to use value in terms of composition- it's very important- you might also do this with Masterpieces. Composition is a very, VERY important thing. Do the same with color- but do it with just b/w first so you get a better grasp on it.

Also, do material studies in Digi or pencil; Paint or draw some water, some glass, some shiny steel, some dull steel, some rusty steel, some cement- They all reflect differently, and displaying these differences makes your pieces much more competent.

Good luck man!

Thanks
    This is what I like to see!
    Quote Originally Posted by enthombed
    Hi people, i did this in this week, haven't time this month, i wil get someone in the vacation of college.

i'm trying to make one page per day and don't stop to do this .

Enthombedīs Sketchbook

Enthombedīs Sketchbook

Enthombedīs Sketchbook

Enthombedīs Sketchbook
    You have strong drawing skills dude! Your digital work will catch up to the level of your graphite drawings. Are you in a life drawing class? Some of your figures are stiff, but that can be remedied with a better gesture . The Patacho indian is very nice btw. Your portraits are great as well. Keep practicing. Good luck on your art conquest of South America, LOL!

Keep it up Icaro!
    -Eric

Thanks
    hey there. you've got a pretty nice sb started here. the figure studies are great and you paintings are on there way. pick up a good color theory book, that will help out a ton with the paints. also i agree with spray nation about the figures looking stuff, i have that same problem. i got a burne hogarth book and it helped a little bit but like nation said, gestures are the best way to go. keep at it bro! good work so far

take care
    ryan

Thanks
    Drawings are coming along lovely. I like the digi lion up top. Keep it up brother.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,221 Times in 625 Posts
Hey man, just wanted to drop by and say thanks for all feedback!
You got great stuff in here, lol, clock is soon 12 , and im tired, so yeah, I be back laterz with a more proper comment/Crits and stuff, alright ?

Thanks, and keep it up!

~Dile

Thanks
    hi

nice to see some some anatomy studies! another thing I think will help is to make sure to do some proportion studies. keep em coming.

Thanks
    Keep them anatomy studies coming man, there going to help alot in the long run. Nice work! Thanks for stopping by my SB.

Thanks
    Hey man! Thanks for stopping by my sketchbook so often. I was checkin on like the 3rd/4th pages for gems and decided to stop here for ya.

One thing I think you seemto be having trouble with is form. Try drawing your hand in planes, really thinkTHINK THINKTHINK hard THINK HARD LOOK AND SEE YOUR HAND, fully, completey as a 3d object. Use your human intuition and memorize your hand... Then draw it as if it were a 3d model.. draw a wire frame of it. An excersize like this helps you to think in masses, which is one of the most effective ways to think of and execute the drawing of the figure. All the old masters used it to their advantage (see the book "MasterClass in Figure Drawing" by Robert Beverly Hale. Great book- Boring on the first read for some, but once you get into it and realize some of what he talks about, it's Juicy!!)

I used one of my more recent sketches as an example for you (of thinking in "planes".)
    Enthombedīs Sketchbook

Hope I could help enlighten you some.

When you get into massing, you will start to be able to "abstract" things so you can remember them easier. It really helps to abstract the figures when people are moving rapidly, such as here;
    Enthombedīs Sketchbook

Notice how abstract some are.. they are single line shapes, you just gotta kinda blur your eyes, and think of it in 2d shapes, and eventually those 2d shapes reflect 3d properties.

Good luck!

Thanks
    Observing your studies of the arm and other body parts, I have to admit you are doing it thoroughly and properly. My advice, keep going as you are, you become great at what you do.

Thx for the comment mate

Thanks
    Bro, great progress work you got here... i specially love your octupus! I really like your anatomy studies as well, and at a rate of a page per day, I'm pretty sure you'll be good in no time. Thanks for passing by my SB bro, I'd love to get harsher crits, so don't worry on sending harsh crits or anything. i'm as tough as iron!

later!
    GriNGoLoCo
    "Nihil est in intellectu quod non prius in sensu" | SB | Portfolio | FJGC (blog) | DA (Profile) | EJERCICIOS DE COLOR

• Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast