C.O.W. - #009: Cute But Deadly

Join 500,000+ artists on ConceptArt.Org.

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Thanks

Cow C.O.W. - #009: Cute But Deadly

Round #009

Topic:
    Cute But Deadly

Deadline:

- for any questions or help go here:
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=37512

note: The deadline won't be EXACTLY after a week...it can last up to 24 hours more, i am human and have to work also, you know

Post your creature for this week!

Last edited by Fozzybar; April 11th, 2005 at 07:37 AM.

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks

The Octeopathiticus Maximus Poisonator is a deadly marine creature that can live in both deep and shallow waters. It is a dangerous carnivore that must constantly feed in order to maintain its high matabolism. The unique feature of this creature is that it uses a mild sedative in order to paralyze smaller "cute" creatures to use as a type of bait for larger animals. This form of "fishing" is very affective and has proven to continue working through out the centuries.

I hope this entry is better then the last, and if I find time (or helpful suggestions) I'll work on it more.

Thanks

Sad.... so sad

Sorry I have missed the last few of these. I feel like a small piece of my soul has died.

OK, that's not true, I feel like I have missed 2 weeks of C.O.W., that's about it...

Be back soon, and be critiquing again soon, and be posting again soon.

Love and kisses to all

-Eric

Thanks

The striped shade slug is about 4 feet long and usually resides under the shade of trees. It waits for its prey, usually squirrels and small mamals, untill they are close enough for it to strike. It lashes out and either entraps or impales its prey with its long hidded teeth. It then, like some starfish, projects its stomach (tounge) onto its prey and starts digesting it right on the spot, from the outside in, whether its dead or not. It was most recently discovered by an elementary school teacher after noticing that half her class were missing. Over the years the slug has figured out that it can catch unsuspecting children and has developed its cute camoflage and making a purring sound when a child is close. Some of them are known leapers and should generally be avoided.

Hey Im new here and this is my first post, not my best but its just what popped into my head

Thanks

Concept: Buggin Snuzzle

The Snuzzles once were are civilised species, tribal in nature, living in large family groups. They mated for life and grew close to those around them. Until a sudden evolutionary jump tore the small animals apart. Upon reaching adolescence, the Snuzzles began to secrete a poisonous, acidic substance from their pores. These cursed Snuzzles, called Buggins by their peers became outcasts. Sent to live outside the village, never to return, for fear that they might spread their condition and injur many others. The Buggin Snuzzles however, continued to be born and to accidentally kill off their normal friends until the culture was destroyed. Now the only Snuzzles that remain are the Buggin Snuzzles. The only ones imune to their toxic sweat, they roam the forests and jungles, looking for people to befriend. Emotionally scarred from their being outcasts, they want nothing more than someone to love them and are very freindly. However, whenever a Buggin meets a creature to be friends with, any contact horribly burns them and often the poison kills even the largest of creatures if it enters the bloodstream. As such these animals are doomed to wander in dispair, making and accidentally killing friend after friend after friend.

EDIT: New image added, thanks for the tips below sorry if I'm being confusing.

Last edited by vaughany_boy; April 3rd, 2005 at 02:11 PM. Reason: Changing images
    [Blog]
    [Email]
    Ben Vaughan

Thanks
    Ahh, that's too sad.. nice story

Thanks
    Vaughany_boy@- You sick freak haha, jk. Nice story, the work lacks though. The background could use some depth and variation. The figure is a little stiff and the anatomy could be flushed out more.

Thanks
    Thanks . In hindsight I regret posting it already, too easy to get overly eager. Is it ok to do some more work and replace the picture do you know?

[Blog]
    [Email]
    Ben Vaughan

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by vaughany_boy
    Thanks . In hindsight I regret posting it already, too easy to get overly eager. Is it ok to do some more work and replace the picture do you know?
    Sure it is. Just make sure you have what you want entered posted before the deadline.

You have a good start but it does need a little more refinement and adjustments. Look for stuff that could be improved like the side of his head. It's starting to flatten out and could use a small highlight on the underside of his jaw . Maybe it's coming from the reflection of light on his left arm. That would help define the face a little more. Also watch the length of the arms. His right arm is much longer than his left. Great story you have though...

Thanks
    Thanked 1,309 Times in 389 Posts
    No time for anything serious. You'll have to figure out the discription for this one yourself.

Jamen jag tror att han skäms, och har gömt sig. Vårt universum det är en av dom otaliga spermasatser som Herren i sin självhärliga ensamhet har runkat fram för å besudla intet.

Thanks
    how is a huge, sharp ended penis "cute but deadly" ?
    just curious...

No. No. Uh uh. No way. Ain't happening.

alright, gimme a sec.

Thanks
    well he's cute, but wait'll you get a taste of his deadly cock! I dunno, he said it was just for fun anyway. lol, is that one of those giant beads of sweat that always pop up in anime? great touch

Thanks
    Haha! Prom, that rules!

I must MUST participate this week!

0kelvin

www.WhereIsMyEyeball.com My portfolio! Go check it out!
    Sketchbook

Thanks

Meet the Meeplers

The Meeplers are the bastard children of an old local legend called "The Wheedle on the Needle". Usually spotted around the Belltown area, close to their ancestral home and object of worship, The Space Needle. During the week they can be seen sleeping in alleyways and under dumpsters, but citizens of New Seattle are warned to keep a watchful eye on the weekends. Starting friday mornings, the Meeplers travel in packs, robbing the unwary for drug and beer money to fuel their "Friday Night Fur Parties", which usually end sometime on sunday and result in the injury or death of at least 25% of the partygoers. Their reproductive cycle is very fast, and needs to be, to replenish their numbers lost in their crazy weekend binges. Few people have witnessed these parties, but those who have are left with troubling nightmares of voilently flying fur that persist for several weeks.

Last edited by Prehistoric; April 8th, 2005 at 06:27 PM.
    Hey dog. . . . did you see the size of that chicken?!

Thanks
    Seadragonus Paralymfis

This little creature of joy is my pet bubbles.
    He has a huge system of tubes and tanks to his disposal to swim to all corners of my laboratory. Unfortunatly direct contact with him is impossible. When touched this little creature can drain all your life-energy leaving you paralized for life or dead. How he does that? I don't know; I don't want to use him in experiments,test of any kind to find out. He eats seaweed and other vegetarian sweets that i give him. He likes to play and doing tricks all day.

Last edited by Uziel; April 5th, 2005 at 12:07 PM.

Thanks
    Uziel

ok, nice try...but we don't want photomanips here...crop it to the creature only or draw the arm please...

Thanks
    prehistoris on the right track!

Mainloop- man i must be dyslexic.. cuz i thought you asked how many people are on lsd

SketchBook
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=237554

Thanks
    but we don't want photomanips here
    Really? How come? Llots of artist use them. Good artists too; Craig Mullins, Daniel Docui, Feng Zhu, James Clyne, etc. They're used a lot in concept art. Just my humble opinion.

Oh, on a side note do custom texture brushes and such fall into that? Just curious.

Thanks

Hi, I am new

Hello everybody,

I am new in conceptart.org.

I have seen your forum and I like your work.

Can anyone participate posting their work?

Thank you so much,

Peace,
    Elpidio.

ElPidio

Thanks
    Prom>> You win! The Cockamon's great man!

Quote Originally Posted by Dougbot

Dougbot, "Are you calling me fat? Really? How come?"
    xiataptara.com
    How to draw and paint *WARNING: You have been warned!*

Thanks
    Honestly, whats so great? Other than Prom did it? Coming from him I actually expected more. Just my opinion.

Thanks
    it sure as hell beats anything in this thread so far

Thanks
    Like I said I guess I just expected more.

Thanks

Manchestershire Melancholy Mongoose

aka The Misery Mongoose

"Wee bugger's the most insidious blighter ever set foot onnis isle.."~Crabtriggin Mckugglebuckins, editor of "Behind Plexiglass Magazine"

"Manchestershire Melancholy Mongoose?!?!?!...ehh?? where...Yeeh gods!..where?!!..is it on me man??? GET IT OFF!"~Prunella Derriwinkles, contributing zoologist to "Cornered and Caged Chronicle"

The misery mongoose as it is commonly known was first discovered by a lowly bobby who after sealing off the fifth suicide within a half a block area spied the mongoose carrying it's litter one by one through the pouring rain to the next flat. After many grisly experiments baiting the animal...one was finally procured. Sadly, the entire team investigating the creature took too few precautions and ultimately succumbed to the Mongoose's natural ablities taking their own lives one more gruesome than the next. Eventually it was found that the mongoose produces a pheromone that is odorless to the human olfactory nerve, however, has a potently depressive effect on human brain chemistry. It was further found that the mongoose passes itself as a loving and more than jovial pet. It's curious nature and impish ways deem it a cute and cuddly friend among it's fanciers. However, at the climax of the female's pregnancy the pheromone is released gradually culminating to it's height mere hours before the birth of it's kits. The unsuspecting victim feels the psychotic urges come on gradually and in the end cannot resist them. After the act, the female dips her teats in wading pools of blood where a two way organic valve siphons the liquid in so that the first taste in the world her kits will have will be of their prey.

Last edited by Helzon; April 5th, 2005 at 07:16 AM. Reason: resized...far too big...sorry..

Thanks
    I welcome with enthusiasm anyone's suggestion on how to make this tighter...I tried experimenting with some different techniques...I hope it's better than my last entries....and yes, fozzy...I will cross hatch the next one if this one utterly sucks nuts....

redehlert: replying to last PM....same here man!

Thanks
    The line art under the paint rocks. Maybe try something like a pen and wash technique. I don't want to say copy what Lukavi is doing but he seems to have the line and wash technique down to a science. Let the beautiful line art carry the piece. You should probably check your size on the pic too, its quite large. I like the concept though, I hope this helps some.

Thanks
    Oh god! Helzon that's not cute.... That's disgusting! I love it lol

My Sketchbook
    ^keep me going by visiting my sketchbook^

Thanks
    The powers of this creature lay within its eyes. The Clown Faced Pookachu lures unsuspecting victims with a potent pheromone which it produces through its mouth. The deadly toxin subdues the victim giving them a short “high” and works as a sedative. Once the victim has been relaxed, the Pookachu works her magic. She stares deep within the victims soul with her lustrous eyes as Soothing mellow songs are hummed. As though it would seem it has only been minutes, she has sucked years from your life, draining every bit of youth and health that you posses, to provide her with ever lasting life.

Last edited by Mike Corriero; April 8th, 2005 at 05:31 PM.

Thanks
    I didnt have time at the moment to finish this. The description was meant to be- but the added "cockamon reference" seemed to fit well so..

Thanks

the deadly night squirt. feral variation 5

Noxious secretions from the tiny but deadly urban nightsquirt, renders its victims helpless and blind, allowing the nightsquirt packs ,to feed at will,an excruitating death every time.

First post on cow, Will tinker with this some more today and update it this arvo.

V funny Mike.

Last edited by charge; April 4th, 2005 at 11:07 PM.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 2