Thanks

Revenge of the Sith Artbook out tomorrow!..they're out!

Just letting people know that the book will be out tomorrow or actually tomorrow at midnight. Some people already got the Visionaries book early but that and the Making of book and the Artbook..ALL will be out at midnight or if you ordered from amazon it's suppose to be here tomorrow...

Last edited by Madman!; April 6th, 2005 at 07:59 PM.
    joemadfan.com I run this site

nathensprings.net coming soon!

My Sketchbook updated 3/27/06

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Yeah man I tried to get those punks at Borders to sell it to me this morning but, they won't put them out until tomorrow. heh.

-JtJ

Thanks
    Thanks for the heads up...

Gonna cop this first thing tommorrow afternoon...

Thanks
    I think the "visionaries" should go head to head with Massive Black's concept team in Thunderdome. How do I make a poll to see who would win? My money is on The Rooster.

Thanks
    looks like the Seattle group will be taking a detour to Borders tomorrow after life drawing I hope they put quite a few copies on the shelf because I fight dirty.
    -Mike

Thanks
    I'll wait until maybe June at the earliest before I buy "the art of" book myself. Better chance of my getting it cheap, but I'm definetly going to get a look at it before then.

Thanks
    Bought the artbook today...it's amazing...probably the best star wars artbook yet, imho. So often I look at these books and think to myself, now why didn't they use THAT concept instead of THAT one, so hopefully a lot of what we see in this book's pages will appear on the screen. I was particularly impressed with the work done by Sang Jun Lee and Warren Fu, whom I believe are both new to the skywalker team. Definitely pick this bad boy up. On another note, I also gave into temptation and took a peak at the storybook of the film...I never go into these things spolier-free, but I still feel obligated not to entirely ruin everything for myself, thus I only skimmed through a few pages. From what I could tell, Lucas got this one right. I've got my fingers and toes crossed.

edit: damn, i forgot about the visionaries book. if anyone picked it up, let me know how it is!

p.p.s. picked up the grievous and obi-wan unleashed figures as well...now i've just gotta track down anakin:-D That's right, keep feeding the machine...who needs money anyways?

Thanks
    Now my collection is complete!!! I just picked it up first thing this morning, well worth the money, the holy grail of conceptual art. I have all six volumes but the last two, or, um well ep 2&3 are my favorites. Go out and pick it up now [if you call yourself a conceptual artist]. I haven't read anything yet, just look at the picts, which speak volumes on there own.
    Fantastic Artwork!!!

Thanks
    Because I take no shit from myself, from my friends and definitely not these guys I have to say this book isn't much compaired to the first two and that Visionaries books is EVEN worse!

I should have probably held my tongue on that statement I'm just damn disappointed.

-JtJ

Thanks
    Aim your sniper rifles at my face...

-JtJ

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JoshuaTheJames
    Because I take no shit from myself, from my friends and definitely not these guys I have to say this book isn't much compaired to the first two and that Visionaries books is EVEN worse!

I should have probably held my tongue on that statement I'm just damn disappointed.

-JtJ
    Son of a......who the hell do you.... I'm gonna....like you would even be hired at....if I wasn't already on parole I'd.....Where is my stepstool at so I can jump kick you in the ankle!
    Yeah Baby! Cause I'm The Evil Midnight Bomber What Bombs At Midnight!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,308 Times in 307 Posts
    I don't know how this book compares to the others, mainly because 'The Art of Return of the Jedi' is all I own but what I do know is that whoever slapped this together and had it smuggled into the shot is pure friggin genius. Have you guys ever actually looked at some of the extra creatures thrown into Ep.1?

Thanks
    I bought the art of star wars book today. I liked it, I havent looked at any of the previous ones though. It is great to see the work in print and the book is high quality.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Exo
    I don't know how this book compares to the others, mainly because 'The Art of Return of the Jedi' is all I own but what I do know is that whoever slapped this together and had it smuggled into the shot is pure friggin genius. Have you guys ever actually looked at some of the extra creatures thrown into Ep.1?

What the hell is that!?
    Some people are like slinkys, not really good for anything, but funny when they fall down the stairs.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,308 Times in 307 Posts
    That's "Yaddle", a female Yoda I guess... I swear I'm not making this up. Lucas probably had one too many jello shooters when he put his "OK" stamp on that.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JoshuaTheJames

-JtJ
    That's fine Joshua I'm a huge fan of all the artists in there but that's your opinion and it's fine, So my sniper rifle is safely put away no need to fear. The books are different this time around so I could see how someone might not like them, I just thought the complete opposite though. I think this time around the Artbook and Making of books were the best they've been. The artbook (I thought) has better design and layout and more in color and more informative(in the back it acutally says what the artist's tools were)and the two actually go together. Don't get me wrong I love Doug Chiang's art but the other two books were basicly in gray scale(still two of my favorite artbooks) and it's nice to see a change.

Anyways if you want I posted some pics from the insides in this book thread and a link to a place were you can find a lot more pics. Thread Link

Thanks
    I don't know if you guys have seen Sang Jun Lee's life drawings but, they are IN-SANE! ...in Frisco I got a bootleg of a bootleg of a bootleg of his sketchbook.

-JtJ

Thanks
    Do you mean like an acutal sketchbook or like a sketchbook that was made up for a convention? I would like to get a copy of this..got a link to where I could get it?

Thanks
    Here is the man's site. There is some great stuff in here.

http://sangjunart.com/
    LYON
    Fine Art and Illustration
    www.howardlyon.com

Twitter

Thanks
    yeah I got his link on my links page and I agree some great stuff there..still wondering about this sketchbook though?

Thanks
    erik tiemens...

I thought the book was good. So much stuff to design. Don't know about the Kashyyyk/wookiee stuff but the rest had a lot of mood. I'd pay alot more for some more Tiemens and Dusso art though...

Thanks
    Thanked 11,435 Times in 2,935 Posts
    the art of book is worth getting just to see the amount of effort it takes to build a cohesive world....and im sure there was tons and tons more done too. That crew worked their ass off and it shows...Tiemens color is just flat out amazing. Im such a sucker for great color.

J

Thanks
    For the Kashyyyk there's at least about 20 pics that weren't even in the book that were on the hyperspace and some were pretty rendered out. There was also some from one of the star wars insiders that weren't in the book so it seems there was a lot left out even. If you want to find the other Kashyyyk pics you can probably still find them on some sites.