Art: Attack of the Kraken
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Attack of the Kraken

Im finally getting more comfortable with Painter...About 6 hrs. Any thoughts?

[IMG][/IMG]

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The first thing I notice is how the areas around the kraken's tenticles are "haloed." Look at the tenticles around the lightening. See how the consistency of the color changes? It makes it appear flat, as though the lightening were right there. The piece is a beast, though!

He who asks is a fool for five minutes,
    but he who does not ask remains a fool forever.

Starting over.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Wow, that looks great. I really like the style with the monster, fits him well.

Crappy stuff by me!
    Please check it out and drop advice, tell me what I'm doing wrong, and suggest things to learn!!!
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...723#post428723

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Please forgive me for expecting a big ol' booty knocking over buildings and swallowing cars.

I really like this a lot. All of the elements go together. It all clicks very well. I love how the look of the Kracken is not so much evil or malicious, but more like the fat guy camped in front of the Twinkie display at the end of the isle (ha, get it?), just stuffing them in his face in by the boxfull. "More! More!"

I could see where the water could be less opaque where the bits are closer to the surface, but that's a minor crit. That's all I have. Pretty lame.

Sweet.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I love the feel of this piece, my only crit is one of scale. I can't quite tell, but are the people in the water too large for the ship?

By the way, I love the fact that you gave it a proper beak, instead of teeth.

Last edited by glikster; March 31st, 2005 at 12:02 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The only problems I have with the piece are, as glikster said, the scale of the figures. They seem way too big for a ship that size.
    The flags on the top of the masts are another issue, they look too uniform, like they're just fluttering in the wind peacefully. They shouldn't look like they're all doing the same thing. Would look more chaotic.
    Lastly, where are the ships sails? You should add them in, either all torn up, or tied up...

Other than those small issues it looks great.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks for the feedback guys...Thats what I love about this place, you guys are all very critical in a good way. This piece could use another hour or two to tighten it up. I was hoping to get some more depth in between the foreground and shipwreck, some guys are out of proportion because I didnt push it far enough. Campbell: thanks for pointing out the small things, I was going to add the sails but I got lazy. I just realized I have the flags going in the wrong direction too...Thanks again everyone!

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.