Thanks

Need Help: Pricing For Freelance Work!?

Hey Everyone. I'd love some help on this one! I am doing a tshirt design to be sold at a really big rock tour coming up this summer(I can't say who the artist is right now) and am wondering how much I should charge? I know there is a chance of royalty money but have no idea of what percent I should be asking. Any ideas? Oh yeah, I live in Canada and it'll prob be in Canadian money. Thanks for any help!!! I need it.

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,309 Times in 389 Posts
    I'm not sure. It depends on a lot of stuff. Maybe a regular month salary for 15 days of work?

Estimate how much time a job would take, and charge so you can live off it when you don't have work, cuz freelancing is unstable.

Edit: oh maybe you wanna check out graphic artists guild... gag.org or something...
    Jamen jag tror att han skäms, och har gömt sig. Vårt universum det är en av dom otaliga spermasatser som Herren i sin självhärliga ensamhet har runkat fram för å besudla intet.

Thanks
    thanks for the help Prom. They had what looked like a usefull link on that site for pricing but it was down Anyone else?

Thanks
    If they are giving you royalties, find out if it will be sold on tour or just one show. If just one show, then screw the royalties and get them to pay you up front. Also make sure they pay you for all it's uses. Is it going to be used just for the t-shirts, or will they use it in marketing, (CD covers, posters, stickers,etc? Obviously the more "rights" they use it for the more they need to pay you.

The GAG pricing and guidlines handbook can help you alot here, just go to Barnes & Noble, or some bookstore and pick it up. Remember; don't sell yourself short, or else you and your art will earn that reputation.
    "If one advances confidently in the direction of
    his dreams, and endeavors to live the life he
    has imagined, he will meet with a success
    unexpected in common hours."
    - H.D. Thoreau

Thanks
    I would be interested in any links anyone could provide on general freelance pricing, actually.

I've recently been approached about some Flash work, and I'm not sure what to tell the guy... gah. Experience would be helpful. *wry smile*

Thanks
    thanks for the help Otis. Much appreciated. It's going to be sold during the whole tour and probably won't be used for anything other than the shirt.