Art: Comes the Spring

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Comes the Spring

she is the bringer of spring, she comes and melts all of the icicles of winter and turns them into beautiful spring.
    i don't really wanna hear anything about the drawing, cause i had it up here for a long time and nobody said nuthin. so crits on the coloring please.
    Comes the Spring

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Beautiful.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    very nice.

though i'm a little put off by how the wings are attached. looks to me like just a fold in the skin where they come out, i'd like to see a little more thought put into that.

great colors though, and i love the hair.

Hey dog. . . . did you see the size of that chicken?!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    This is very fun and colorful, but a couple things make me not love it (though I still like it): the close mirror of the under part of the body with the green fabric give that area an undue focus (at first I thought she was floating into a hammock), the background is so very different than the figure (like the background is a blurry paintover of a photo), and the radical assymetry of the wings (one's in full flap while the other's wound back). That also looks suspiciously like a lens flare...

With all the green below, you might want to introduce some subtle green in the skin.

Cool!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by dogfood
    This is very fun and colorful, but a couple things make me not love it (though I still like it): the close mirror of the under part of the body with the green fabric give that area an undue focus (at first I thought she was floating into a hammock), the background is so very different than the figure (like the background is a blurry paintover of a photo), and the radical assymetry of the wings (one's in full flap while the other's wound back). That also looks suspiciously like a lens flare...

With all the green below, you might want to introduce some subtle green in the skin.

Cool!
    i'm insulted! a lensflare! come on! really i don't use that crap and i haven't for like 2 years. you can achieve YOUR OWN effect by painting transparent layers of white over what you are trying to give to glowy effect to.
    anyways, besides that, thanks much for the crits
    and i don't know what to say about the background, it is all soft all the time, look at any of my other pieces and you'll see it. before you go accusing people of using lens flares and photo paintovers know your facts.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Easy, there. If you look directly left from the front of her hair, it seems like there are two light circles that remind me of a lens flare remnant. I certainly don't see anything else, and am not raging toward the castle with the villagers and pitchforks.

And regarding the background, those are my impressions. I said it was like a blurry photo paintover. Once again, no SWAT team, no flash-bangs. You don't have to get so defensive. If you only want comments that say how good this is, you might want to annotate thusly. I could certainly have done more of those, but figured you knew what was good about it and wanted to know if there was anything that might detract from the image. Once again, just one opinion.

The "nobody commented on my drawing" remark really seems like poor sportsmanship. I didn't see it, many folks probably didn't see it that now have the opportunity to do so for the first time. You can be selective as you like, but try not to be surprised should the anonymous masses not bend to your will.

You know, I just realized that she is sweeping through and leaving Spring in the wake of her arm thingy. Duh!

Once again, this is very nice, but it's only my opinion.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    sorry aboyut getting defensive, obviously i did cause i couldn't hear your tone of voice, to me it sounded like you were saying i was doing these things.
    the rest of your crit was still appreciated though, i just kinad felt like i was getting attacked.
    and i hate when people say why didn't you just say i didn't want crits...because that's the last thing i want. i just got upset.
    either way, nobody really said anything about the drawing, when i had it up here for OVER A MONTH so yes, i feel i am justifyed in saying that, because it's the truth. i didn't get one single crit on drawing i felt i should use. so yeah, maybe you didnt see it, but i was saying why i didn't want crits on the drawing is all.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    No sweat. It's hard to offend me because I can't recall trying to be anything other helpful or funny here. I just explain. With the limitations of the medium (little expression or visual cues), it's too easy to be misunderstood and so many other forums have a host of aggressive personalities.

If you are having trouble garnering any helpful comments (not the "wow, yer gr8!" kind), pm me if I haven't seen it and I'll come by (I'm still working on the big "dogfood" signal attached to the spot light, so I still have to rely on the pm).

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.