hi, i am new here, pls give some comments on my drawings.

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: hi, i am new here, pls give some comments on my drawings.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    make it smaller so I can see everything at once!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,082 Times in 231 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    its a great looking piece, but a little boring maybe.
    whats the story? not that every piece needs some elaborate story.
    but little things (like if she had fish bowls all over her apartment) would add a real interest, and give her a gaze a focal point.
    right now, you telling me that she is aquatic, but not elaborating on how/why she is sitting in a recliner is a bit of a tease.

- Dan Dos Santos
    www.dandossantos.com

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Your rendering of the leather sofa is convincing.

I have a feeling that the shadows have not been worked out accurately. Same for the highlights on her.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Not to bad overall...

Her anatomy is a bit funky, and her neck is too skinny. The overall design lacks, and like DSillustration said, its a little boring. You've given her a very very generic design, with no points of interest.

Where do you want us to look? Where is your point of emphasis? You gotta think about those kind of things when doing these sketches.

You've got a great light source in the painting, and some awesome foreshortening/perspective in the character, so kudo's for that. Keep up the good work man, I'd love to see more.

I don't pray because I don't want God to know where I'm at.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Red face

thank you all for the comments!will get on improving it ASAP.
    DSillustration-you are right, i did not think of the focusing point, was just thinking of forms and colors and lighting all the time. will visualize the big picture before starting another artwork. have looked on your artworks, hope i can do as well as you.

here some others proggressing works.Hope to here more comments from you guys!!!

Last edited by mping123; March 30th, 2005 at 02:57 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    this is the improved drawing of the blue fish girl based on the comments by you all, hope to hear more comments and learn more techniques to make it look better.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    nice man, the background is much better to look at than just the girl and the chair alone. the only thing that is really bothering me at this point is the perspective. Especially the floor, but i'm sure you've already noticed that yourself. But learn from the mistake and move on, right?

I really like the fish tank and the features you've added to the room, its really interesting, keep up the work.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hi mping,

great to have you sharing your art here.
    about the blue fish girl, it's interesting that you have an aquarium and a big 'nemo' fish. she's living in an underground sewer from the looks of it.

what i think to imrove is the floor where she's sitting. Those pink patches doesn't seem to blend to the sewer background. perhaps you can illustrate a wet sewer surface, a little bit dirty, muddy.

If you are trying to present a twist in the story, whereby she lives in a clean, well furnished dwelling place eventhough she's in a sewer, and she's got a carpet in her living room, you can blur the pink patches a bit, to make it look more like a carpet.

keep up the good works!!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    improved a little bit.how?

Last edited by mping123; March 31st, 2005 at 05:47 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    sodomizer-thanks for the encouragement. did some changes on the chair.hope that cures the perspective problem.got any comments for the other drawings of mine?
    RIClim: thanks for the ideas. good suggestion which give FUNS in drawwing!!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    That's much better, putting in a context - good work. The chair though, is still floating rather than sitting convincingly on the carpet. The perspective on the little table with the aquarium on it is not quite right - the ellipse of the base of it isn't the same as the ellipse of the top.

On the other drawings - the bat-looking man - his head's way too small for that body. I'm cracking up on the guy with the mountain range behind him because he looks either like he's doing a nutty little jig or he's stepping on bugs.

The legs of the girl on the green chair aren't working. The extended one almost is, although it really lacks grace, the way you have her toes pointed up rather than planting the foot on the ground. The bent one, the foreshortening isn't working right. Her leg looks almost broken, the way it's moving out from her pelvis at that angle, and lying so flat on the couch.

Good job taking critiques and using them to improve your work! I look forward to seeing more from you.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I like the style of your pieces. As a little idea for your blue fish girl piece, why not have some land creature as her pet? (thus having the tank full of air rather than water)

Like I said, I like your stuff, it's got a certain flowing style to it. I would like to see more, maybe some sketches.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    BMunchausen: haha, regarding the ellipse of the base of it isn't the same as the ellipse of the top,i was lazy to alter it,haha, very bad attitude huh? will make it better after this. still not sure how to make the chair sit on the carpet. will try harder. thanks man!! you really gave some ideas for me to improve.thanks!
    CagedDemon: interesting thought......mmm, then the living room will be soak in water entirely.....and will have to make some white particle flowing all over the place then..that will enhance the mood and the creativity. wow!!good!!will try that after this!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    some improvement. wanna focus on the other drawings after this. hope you all like it

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    i like it quiet a bit (the fish girl). the slightly odd proportions, the look on her face, the bear in the tank. there's some groovy stuff there. puts me into mind of sci-fi illustrations of the 70's

"it's the pigs turn now to try the cross
    SLIT THIER SOFT WHITE UNDERBELLIES... LET 'EM KNOW WHO'S BOSS
    the pigs are gonna taste the knife - 10050 CIELO DRIVE" -JGT

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    please give comment on my robots. its quite rough, ready for improvements

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Take it for what its worth.

This is actually my first post in these forums, so, as the title states, take my comments for what they are worth to you. I really dig the bots, and I really like the final piece displayed. Whenever I think of, or see, a mech, I never really think about how they are made. That is, until I saw your picture. I forgot that they were made by people... it just never really jumped out at me.

Anyway, the only CC I have for ya is concerning that middle robot there, in your group of three. Considering how packed his [head?] is in those ... we'll call them pauldrons (shoulder armor dealios)... how is he/she/it supposed to turn his/her/its head? I can see it reaching 45 degrees, but I don't think it'd work 90.

Again, take it however you want.
    Maybe I'm just blind, and there is an obvious amount of space there for head turning, who knows? However, I do love all your bots. Very cool.
    Post more.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Smile

Hey mrping, good to see some more updates and sketches. I have a few comments for you to consider.

The first girl is coming along quite well, and I do like the idea cageddemon gave you, although I think your animal selection is bad, and here's why: Bears (even when they are cubs) are quite large. What is she going to do once the bear starts to grow? And how big is she if the bear is that small to her size comparison??? (she'd be a giant) The answer to those questions are unimportant, however it conflicts with TOO much stuff. Especially when our brain sub-conciously tells us how big bears truely are. Perhaps a bird would be a better choice?

Mechs are lookin pretty good, but they need spice. Rusted mechanics, bullet holes, serial numbers, guns/missles? Any of these will add to the design. Always keep in mind the texture your dealing with, because mechs (when new) you would assume they are highly reflective from light. TZoraR is right about your middle mech, the head isn't turnable it seems. And even if there were enough room to turn his head the full 90 degrees, he wouldn't be able to see anything because of shoulder shields (or whatever those are)

Ahh, ok, i'm done typing, just though I'd give you some suggestions. Keep posting more work, can't wait to see more updates and new sketches!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    A refined robot, but did not put in barcode or numbers or parts missing. pls give comments.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

some suggestions

Hi Mping,
    Cool mecha drawing!
    I have some suggestions that you can try out:

Why don’t you try to put more focus on the ‘head’ of the mecha, because I feel that the mecha looks like its head is missing. I probably guess that the head is the horizontal groove? You can add some lights on it, to make it glow like it’s alive. That could be cool!

The background is nice, especially the green border around it. You could make the borders looks as if they are a lowering platform for the mecha, like those lowering platforms you see in aircraft carriers.

I feel that the mecha’s hands are really unfinished, you need to put more details on them, The fingers looks as if they can’t move, because there are no joints.

Look forward to see an updated version!!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I think that all of yours figures are too centered in picture. Think that space in front of fig eyes should be bigger.
    Like this work

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    my another piece of work.
    a more finished character design.
    pls comment....quite fun doing this drawinngs

Last edited by mping123; April 18th, 2005 at 04:23 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    another work

Last edited by mping123; April 21st, 2005 at 04:31 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    frogman added skin texture and a new painting

Last edited by mping123; April 22nd, 2005 at 05:13 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    one try on a cute cute topic

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hey dude! fei here! just trying to bull shit, haha...well, i like your robos design very much^^ but the thing is, maybe try to takecare of the material for the surfaces,i can see the highlight itself not bad,shadow casting as well,but i can't analyse what kind of metal is that.it seems more likely plastics then metals.and also,a robot should have different kind of material on different part,for example,inner part may be soft metal, outer part may be harder,you may try just giving some childish comment,haha

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    i like the girl in the water.i think it can still improve on the the highlight.maybe the highlight is too parellel to the perspective of the picture,i think,but it is still ok.the thing is,the highlight on the face looks so natural,but the highlight on other parts of body is too stiff.i think it should be something like the right leg,the overall is lack of the middle light,and,right hand is too flat start form shoulder to the elbow.i think the casting of light on the right breast should be more to the left,if not it looks a bit weird hehe

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    i really like ur pieces !! if u distort the proportions (on purpose) more it will be cool ( i think)!

and what program are u using to draw these pictures? corel painter?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    well, for the forest wise,if it is a conceptual art,maybe it is a bit rough.cos i don't realise there are tree trunks there,should have drawn it more clearly.what is the texture for the trunk?can't get it.the ghosting light can be brighter and more at the back,try to plan how to place the lights, it seems like too arranged.it will seems more mysterious.for extra suggestion.try to use real media and spread the colour by using flat brush,then you will know how the effect goes^^

the lighting is there,maybe colour wise can have more references to support it, as well as the texture.then it will looks more convincing.you try to make the hiding people clearer.cos can't see from far away.

tell you what,when you look at your artwork from far away or close half eyes.and yet you cannot analyse what is that, then you gotta deside again on the colour, posture, design, and lighting:> this is one of the way to judge the artworks,you may try it;P

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.