Thanks

Published work forum

Hey all,
    I know I'm fairly new around here, but I wanted to share an idea. I was wondering if it would be a good idea to have a published work section? I see a lot of pros posting published work and getting crits when you know there too busy to go back and rework a piece. The publisher is happy the artist is happy, what's done is done. I know that all art no matter how good can still be improved by a good crit. I would just like a place where I can see new published work, maybe leave a kiss ass comment, then move on to a section where I know my crit will be put to good use. Just a thought.

Bryce

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    I've posted quite alot of work that i had no time to go back and work on, but that doesn't mean the crits I got was useless. I used the crits as a guide to what I needed to practice. I'm very gratefull for the feedback I've been given on this forum, and i wouldn't want it to stop just because I one day may go "pro"..

There used to be a "kiss ass only" section here, where all you were allowed to post was sugar covered love.. it didn't work, the only people that posted there were people making fun of the idea that you weren't allowed to post an honest crit..

I also think that the pro artists benefit very little from a tounge up their ass.. They already know they rock.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,308 Times in 307 Posts
    I'd love to see all the published art and various pieces done for projects but artists usually don't own the right to them. That's why we don't see a lot of it unless they're given specific permission for each image.