Sketchbook: Hurricanes Daily Doodles '12 : IMPORTANT!! [nudity][30 JULY] - Page 86
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 86 of 245 FirstFirst ... 36 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 136 186 ... LastLast
Results 2,551 to 2,580 of 7343

Thread: Hurricanes Daily Doodles '12 : IMPORTANT!! [nudity][30 JULY]

asoir is offline Registered User Level 16 Gladiator: Spartacus' Retiarii
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Those digi's are better than ever! The great thing about this thread is the longer we wait...the juicier the update!
    Thanks for the inspiration.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hurri! Your output is phenomenal. Way to keep the sketchthread a rockin! Your painting skills are inspirational to me. Well done as always!~~~Patrick

sve is offline Registered User Level 16 Gladiator: Spartacus' Retiarii
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi, Hurri, my friend. I'm sure blessed with having great friends. Thank you so much for letting me know you better and for being really kind, I'm grateful.

I'm learning from you, Hurri, actually right now I open in Photoshop your images and study your brushstrokes. Wonder if it possible to get this energy with slow painting. And you have great sense of color and fearless approach in everything you do in art.

I hope this "deep valley" is in the past. I'm confused, you said it is nothing and Perre keeps talking about something very serious. And your rhythm of posting is different. I would prefer to know. Hope it is not health or something really serious, the rest is not so bad.

I'm ready to hide in your storm right now, I would love 5-6 hours of total silence, total focus on one thing. I'll try to imitate the focus, I'm a little soldier, if it is needed I can do it forcing myself.

I like your words that you were born and then you were at certain age and you still feel always that you are the same, don't change. Me too. I feel like I'm 14, that's when I started to notice life around me and sweetness and bitterness of it. Before the age life was just one colorful celebration. I don't remember much about it. And after I started notice sad and tiresome things. But deep inside I'm 14. What I started to understand in this age, the mindset didn't change still. To stay young in this heavy packed with sorrow life you need to see everything , well almost everything from humorous point of view, don't' take it seriously, don't you think? But to climb up on social ladder you need to take seriously yourself, very seriously. It is a contradiction, don't you think? I'm good in first one and very bad in second, I wish for you to find a golden middle ground.

You know I'm the same in real life. Pretty open if I see it is possible. Sometimes it is not, and in this case I'm sitting low. You? I think you are open with people you trust too and very loyal to them. And you are vulnerable. Although you talk about being strong, I remember your painting of yourself in the dark, in defence position with hole in you chest. Very vulnerable. And the little mental state SP of little sweet sad creature on the roof. And the last blue painting. I know that you love an order and harmony in your inner world, you are very organised in this, I think, you're learning a lot of things in different areas to be independent and well prepared, trying to, you are probably very guarded in real life (like me), but still very vulnerable, because you have nice, loving, gentle, shy soul. And sometimes i feel like wanting to protect you. Sweet soul people always have this effect on me, I want to fight for them, with imaginative bad things . Really.

OK. Why do I always write these thoughts, I just can't do it short. Don't really need to open up my soul, just can't write normal stuff. Don't know why. Not that I like writing too. Do you know? Right, I'm not normal. .

Back to art, or I can write like this endlessly, stream of subconsciousness. Sorry.
    My favorite is the portrait of the man, he looks like a bit low budget Clint Eastwood with colored hair. Very much his squinted eyes and slight indifference to his own look, he knows he still looks good. You know the portrait is good, this one and the Asian woman and even the baby, although the last one is hard to look long at. Still all portraits are very much alive. and have personality. But!!! I'm pretty sure you distorted their features a lot. I feel some constrain in the manner of painting in these portraits. And drawing something from the ref if you need to check out proportions, distances, angles, relationships between different parts of the face, I think you were not careful with this, look, the obvious to see, the ears of the guy, they are different and one is higher than the other. You probably were studying values. But still all three portraits have these errors.
    I might be wrong, but i think the nose of Asian woman is not like this in ref. It will be probably stockier and bumpier. This is European type of nose, I think, I never saw it in Asian people. I doubt you found the rarity. Baby got especially many wrong relationships between the parts of the face. Her eyes are bigger in ref think. Her cheeks, the whole head, actually, is slightly slanted in your portrait.
    And your fantasy creatures are pretty well balanced somehow, always. So strange.
    I like the female nudes figures and the bird of course, good volume.
    See you, my dear friend, I love you.

Last edited by sve; June 15th, 2006 at 11:57 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,101 Times in 781 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    i extremely love your portrait studies... i hope you keep that promise of 2 a day! those fantasy monsters are sweet too! on the last img i thought the guy had a sword in his head, but then realized it was his helmet heheaha

Thanks
    Thanked 1,171 Times in 468 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Hyver : haha, thanks man!

Lunch : thanks man! and no i don't know your plans for this summer, please tell me! and yea, i'm trying to imporve my faces as i have problems conveying emotions with them!...cheers dude!

Burning Eyes : hell yea !

Brall : thanks man, you're too kind!!

mentler : hehe, you're gonna get a present from me man! i just hope i know the american dates for fathers day...need to google it! cheers man and like always i'm honored by your precense!

TheGnoll : yea, it'll come, i need to do that too, but i like to focus my powers alittle cheers dude

Pencilator : thanks dude, i got a job, hopefully i can show some of it later on this summer, but now it's a secret. That bird is from imagination...cheers dude and when are you coming over here?

Asoir : thanks man!

JadeDragon : thanks man !! *bows*

sve : wow, what can i say.. i feel like a retard not being able top write back to you with the same amount of words! perre just thinks things are bad but it's not as bad as he thinks, i just get alittle down as the cup flows over but i ALWAYS bounce back... (it has alot to do with the death 2 months ago)

about being the same age in mind, well, there is a state i like where someone isn't poluted with the worlds sorrow and hate...i always strive to keep my mind clean from that, not by shutting it out but by attacking it straight on and being honest to the bone and straight forward and to try to help everyone i can.

About my soul, it's true what you say but there is one thing that's missing, i am strong. If you meet me you'll see it. I don't mind giving in for thebetter of the good but i am always ready to defend myself if someone's trying to push me down.

i always like to read your posts, but feel bad replying to them

valid critique!! that's why i'm practising faces alot
    cheers sveta and much love !!!

MattGamer : hehe, thanks dude!

Here's todays studies...
    it's the lovely Cercie and some random google dude!

(ps. i just worked 13 hours today...ugh, and the studies when i got home....i had to struggle to get em done)

cheers !!!

-----------------------------------------------------------
    BJÖRN HURRI | CONCEPT ARTIST & ILLUSTRATOR

MY PORTFOLIO | HURRICANES DAILY DOODLES '12
    MY EXCLUSIVE SKETCHBOOK
    VIKING: BATTLE FOR ASGARD
    TWITTER
    THE OTHER BROTHERS

6. The Following User Says Thank You to hurricane For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,273 Times in 408 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Quality work as always björn.. GG!

I love the aliens in this one: http://www.bjornhurri.com/sb/06/June/Junepaper_07.jpg

is that pen or pencil?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    sve and hurri, sorry for making it sound that bad. Re-read what I wrote, sounded worse than it was meant as. I knew it wasn't that bad with you But we all interpurate things diffrent.
    Nice to read a little confusion by the way (My humor is at the top this early)

Nice to see these studies, they look top-notch tough you were tierd and forced yourself to do them.
    The first one has a very depressive look over it. Good work
    The other one is nice to, but there is one thing that bothers me. It looks like she has a ring in her lower lip. The bounce light on her lips.

I haven't let go of the thought of coming down and visit you It's just on hold I'll see if I can do something about it.

Glad to hear that you've got a job. Conceptart or/and 3D?

Talk to you on msn, so I can tell you about the plans me and Lunch have.

Hugs!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    you're an insane drawing mashine! And the results are quite obvious!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    =^D!

Thank you for painting my portrait, and in under an hour. I love how you capture light in all your paintings (And as i took the picture i can see what you're looking for in an image to draw).

Good luck with the face project!

<3

Last edited by Cercie; June 15th, 2006 at 09:46 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    http://www.bjornhurri.com/sb/06/June/speed_study5.jpg Love this!
    I just must go, and have some doodles in PS with this technique...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    excellent work man, you have a great work ethic and a deservingly super popular thread
    keep it up

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hmm, should your name really be hurricane? You should change it to The Guy That Will Freaking Blow Your Eyes Out, lol. I enjoy your style very much. You are one talented individual. The only crit I have is that you left me nothing to complain about, hehe. Amazing work man.

//////

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Ahhh....so nice to see you explore portraits...! Be sure to give in to the dark side of expressionism to find the soul of these people. You're always tweakin' my nipples in such a good way.

Cheers!
    D

There is no "I" in team, but there is an "I" in pie. And there's an "i" in meat pie. Meat is the anagram of team...~Shaun "Shaun of the Dead"
    http://www.cognitionstudio.com

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Those portraits are beautiful, dude. Your combination of the airbrush and the hard brushes are working quite nicely to capture the eye. Nice one geeza

sve is offline Registered User Level 16 Gladiator: Spartacus' Retiarii
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi, Hurri. I feel bad that you feel bad writing back to me. But I like when you talk to me, and of course I like when you write more, but it is doesn't matter how many words, what you are saying matters. I love meaningful conversations. amount isn't important. I'm looking for quality, my dear.

So don't feel bad, and of course, please, come on, for god sake, it is an outrage, don't feel yourself like a retard, hehehe not very politically correct, aren't we , .
    I want you to feel lighthearted and relaxed talking with me. I enjoy hearing from you. Kind of amazed it is real happening actually.

You think if I see you in real life I will feel that you strong. I know that you are strong, Hurri, knew it from the first images you posted in the Sofa forum two years ago. There were and are a lot of life forces in those drawings and paintings. But I have to tell you, I tend and it is uncontrollable, I tend to soften up people close to me. One person once complained to me that after talking with me it is hard for him go outside, guards are down, hard to deal with outside world. It might be not so, of course. I might have lost this ability. It was long time ago, in Russia, where guards are very useful, well they are useful everywhere, unfortunately. But not with me, OK?

I'm talking too much these days, but the thing is I'll be absent for one month, and I'm kind of saying good bye to people I will miss so much. I'm going to Russia. in 6 days. Need to start packing. I will probably stop writing tomorrow, no time.

Happy you got the job, really glad, hope it will be enjoyable for you. And I had no idea, you are doing face studies, you have an assignment?

Congratulation with graduation your school! So much happening in your life!

OK. deep valley is not that deep, I believe you. I believe Perre too, he is very smart. So, I just will say, nothing is permanent, everything has an end. And you will be all right, see sweet people more often these days. Ahh, I feel bad writing to you today, words are just trembling of the air.

Back to art.
    When I saw the portraits in the last post for the first time, I was amazed at quality, good proportions and liveliness of them, was amazed how fast you picked this up. Then I looked longer, and some little flaws started to flood in.
    But anyway, it is huge break through, especially because of the fact that women faces didn't look that lively in your art before, in my personal opinion. The portrait of the Cercie is lovely. I went to look at her profile to read more about her after that, she is not that open . I didn't find much.

Lovely position of the head, lighting and skin tones, values distribution, these wonderful eyes, fragile neck, arm and collar bone, lovely hint on the age, of the young person. skin is young and gentle too. I love her glance so much, wonderful idea, very personal, very intimate.

Now the portrait is not finished and many things are stealing effect of current moment, adoration of the face of total stranger being really close and recognisable as a face of dear friend.
    First of all, digital rough stokes of the hair, they are very sharp, texture doesn't look like hair texture, in my opinion. The nose, especially the tip of it, looks wrong for me, a bit crooked to my right maybe.
    I like the lip actually. Creates the feeling like she wants to say something, makes the moment you captured in the painting very spontaneous.

Sharpness of the eyes outlines, hair again, the lips outline makes the thinking process too conscious, they are way too sharp, have an awaking effect on me. If line is sharp, it makes us aware, alert, in my opinion, foggy outlines make our thinking process lose the definite boundaries, Well, that what I think.
    Portrait looks very intimate, because of lovely pose (I love it so-o-o much, great placement of the object on the page too) and because of the Rembrandt kind of lighting, very homey, intimate too. I think and you can disregard everything, but I think you need to search how manipulate the mood more with varied lines, blurs.

The guy portrait is very much alive too, Hand is too big though, it can't be that big, it will be bigger than his face if it will be stretched. And mouth area too, looks not carefully done. But he is sure alive and has a great expression on his face, unguarded ..

See you Hurri, next month, OK? Good luck with your entry in LMS. Kiss and hugs and best wishes. I will miss you.

Last edited by sve; June 16th, 2006 at 02:14 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    lol, I love reading sve short story post, looking good hurri, as usual.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Ha! I knew you could do better faces, now just keep this pace
    my friend, and you ill have cero flaws in your work!!
    RESPECT!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

‡‡‡‡‡ BoneDoctorExpress ‡‡‡‡‡

Time for updates <> going to my Lake Studio tomorrow so I may not update till Monday <> working on critters and bugs!!!!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,219 Times in 624 Posts
    Follows
    Following

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    YAY MAN. Awesome job on those portraits, I just love the skintones! Watch your smoot brushes though, sometimes the rendering seems to be a bit too smooth and blurry

-----------------------
    Available for freelance work! contact me via : cgrobelski@gmail.com

PORTFOLIO

cgbrush.org

deviantart

Follow me on Twitter!!

aaaaaaaaand

friend me on Facebook!!!!

.....bitches!

Finally Finished

Da sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    nice portraits you got to do some in oc so you could share a wpe pretty please

Glad midsommar på dig med...jag ska iväg till en kompis som har hus på landet och många av mina närmaste vänner kommer dit också (du vet sådana där typer som man alltid finns där om det skulle vara nåt) så det kommer att bli hur kul som helst.

My sketchbook flawed to the max page 5
    Ps:Hope you understand my English.
    Remember my advices taste best with a grain of salt.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    lol, i ended up checking your whole SB AGAIN.Your improvement was really constant, your stuff always effective and man you did practice pencil, pen AND digital colouring.Wish i wasn't so lazy.I guess its all about exercise, but do you have ANY kind of suggestion for my stuff?
    The last portraits are great as usual...everything is just soooo...soft, smooth?
    Great job hurri

PS: i got OC to run now, so i'm ready when you are

ciao

Thanks
    Thanked 1,101 Times in 781 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    i adore those studies. keep them up, dont quit! i'm rooting for ya!
    the cercie one is stunning!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Those are such beautiful studies Hurri! I wish I had half as much energy and skill as you man. Looking forward to the next update.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hey björn just wanted to say, that your outcome is so great. you produce that much art man, that is just great.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Bro! Long time since I've dropped by here... sorry about that.. hehe.. Well.. nice to see you working from ref... it'll probably affect your non-reffed shit in no time... If anything your quick on the uptake.

There... obligatory asspat out of the way... I'm not sure when I can make it over to sweden again next time... if you have the time and opportunity to come over here, there's always space for ya!

d-C

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hello, darling, how have you been? I see you are still kicking my ass. Crap!

Keep inspiring!

Cheers,

~Rebeccak

Korpus School of Art + Gallery
    1300 Factory Place, Unit 308
    Los Angeles, CA 90013
    www.korpus-la.com
    Blog
    Facebook Page

Twitter
    korpus.info@gmail.com
    Phone: 213-228-2014

Thanks
    Thanked 1,171 Times in 468 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Rebecca. K : thanks lovely ! you're too kind
    sve : i've sent you a PM ages ago and i'm hoping you're having a blast!

and to the rest of you kind hearts who sent me replies
    !!!!!!! THANKS !!!!!!!!

Here's a update haha, been ages ago sorry about that.

I'm not gonna update for a while, kinda taking a small vacation from my SB and when i'm returning i'm back in full force

CHEEERS AND I HOPE YOU ALL ARE HAVING A GREAT SUMMER !!!

BJÖRN HURRI | CONCEPT ARTIST & ILLUSTRATOR

MY PORTFOLIO | HURRICANES DAILY DOODLES '12
    MY EXCLUSIVE SKETCHBOOK
    VIKING: BATTLE FOR ASGARD
    TWITTER
    THE OTHER BROTHERS

30. The Following User Says Thank You to hurricane For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Daddy Is In The House

Hide your girlfriend LOL

Missed you son <> nice focus on heads <> doing the same <> Old Master studies <> they all end up as self-portraits with my nose and eyes but I kind of make that happen. hah

Anyway <> solid structure good angles and all the other cha cha!!!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    You as well as Eri, damn it!! he he. Have a good break man, sweet work as always. I love that slash one, but they are all silly good.
    Good luck in the thunderdome. I await your return, kinda like king arthur.
    -B-

Page 86 of 245 FirstFirst ... 36 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 136 186 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 79