Thanks

I'm not talented , is it a must?

hi all , I'm not talented in drawing ..I was always taking low drages in school in the drawing lessons.
    I want to learning drawing portraits .. can i ?? or I must have the gift ?
    any tips if i can?

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Some people have a natural talent for drawing, but most don't.

That being said, nearly anyone can learn to draw with enough time invested. Just like playing an instrument, it can be learned. The more you practice, the better you will get. If you're not drawing superbly now, don't sweat it, it comes with time. Hell, even naturally talented artists can't just pick up a brush the first time and draw a Michelangelo. It takes practice either way.

Es fließt durch meine Venen, Es schläft in meinen Tränen
    Es läuft mir aus den Ohren, Herz und Nieren sind Motoren

Thanks
    some talented men are horrible artists, talent is a thing, work is another...

don't give up dude !
    I'm a manky artist, don't mess with me

Thanks
    Drawing is a skill. Some people have an unnaturally high ability to learn this skill, others less, but with practice, anyone can draw well.

It's actually kind of annoying after a while, when someone comes up to you and remarks how nice it must be to have such a precious gift, as if you just woke able to draw well, with no hard work at all...

Thanks
    The New Drawing on the Right Side of the Brain

Ms. Edwards proves, in short, that you don't need talent - only the proper training.

Thanks
    I agree with these guys. If you lack the talent but have the drive, you can learn to draw well. You have to have a lot more drive than the talented folk, but that won't discount you if it's what you truly want.

For drawing portraits, draw from life. Draw your family and friends. Take a figure drawing class with live models if you can find it. Join a sketch group in your area. If you can't find anyone to draw, draw from good copy (i.e. photographs or after great portrait artists like Ingres, Bouguereau, Rockwell...that sort, or anyone else else you personally like). I'd suggest the books by Andrew Loomis, to be found at www.saveloomis.org. They're free. If you want to get into portraiture, Drawing the Head and Hands is a good place to start, but look at all of them. Stay away from any sort of stylization. If you're a beginner, it can really slow you down.

Most important thing: draw every day! And good luck.
    Art is long and time is fleeting

Sketchbook
    Website

Thanks
    You Can Do It!
    Yeah Baby! Cause I'm The Evil Midnight Bomber What Bombs At Midnight!

Thanks
    IMO there's no replacement for bloody hard work when it comes to art. I'd say basic ability is useful, but the drive to work is essential.

Thanks
    I'm not talented...at all - but as Einstein said - 1 % genious - 99% persperiation. There are people that are talented here, but don't use their talent, because they are lazy.

There are also some people who have no talent what so ever, yet work their butt off, and they look like pros - it depends on how much you want to do well.

Ahehaehahe my random sketchbook - Splatt's Sketchbook

Thanks
    Fozzy whistles *you-can-do-it-if-you-really-want-but-you-must-try...*

Thanks
    According to psychology theory there are domain specific talents. Meaning everyone have a certain level of capability in different aspects. Which is why you see some kids pick up painting/drawing better and others do well in math or music. We don't all start out the same.

But like everyone else here said. It doesn't mean that if you don't have an aptitude for it then you can't do it. Just means that it doesn't come as naturally to you as it would for others.....but it also means you gotta work harder to get to the level you want to get to.

No one got anywhere by pure talent alone.
    There are 3 sides to every story. Yours, mine and THE TRUTH.

Thanks
    Hi, I feel the same way...

A while ago I really thought that practising my drawing skills would be a waste of my time because I had no natural talent. When I started to draw something and I saw that my drawings sucked, I didn't had the drive to go on, I didn't realise that HARD WORK is essential in aquiring good drawing skills. I didn't push it.

But lately I thought: "hey why not give it a try and improve my drawing skills!". Well, I did, I started drawing almost daily, 1 hour a day or more, and within a month my drawing skills improved a lot. I saw that I was just rusty, and that a lot of work was needed. The more I draw the more natural it felt. Practice makes perfect. In dutch we say: "oefening baart kunst".

This thought about not needing talent etc.... proves it when it comes to my 3d modeling skills. 3 years ago when I started 3d, modeling was very hard to me, I thought I would never be good at it. But I modelled, modelled and modelled again with a lot of passion and I'm talking about organic modeling. And 3 years later I'm pretty good at it and still improving every time.

So hard work can do a lot! Just keep going on, you can do it! WORK HARD!
    We are all doing this together!