Art: The baby has got an atom bomb

Join 500,000+ artists on ConceptArt.Org.

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks

The baby has got an atom bomb

People say that the nature gave the intelect to the dragons, and Gods gave them the greed. This dragon has stolen something unusually valuable and he will pay a lot for this act. :/

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,082 Times in 231 Posts
    fantastic idea,
    it looks really good, but there are a few tangencies between the bomb and the river that bother me. the tail does it too. maybe break a few edges. right now the bomb and river are at the same angle, and line up in such a way that neither one stands out as well as they would otherwise.

- Dan Dos Santos
    www.dandossantos.com

Thanks
    Thanked 2,063 Times in 830 Posts
    you need to flesh out his left hand more,i thought he had only one arm and that the other one was his ribcage.

Sketchbook

Sketchbooks of inspiration:
    Marc Taro|Maxetormer|ZhuZhu|Jeri|Dobu]

Always think about:
    lighting! design! perspective! proportion!
    And (self)motivation is still everything.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DSillustration
    fantastic idea,
    it looks really good, but there are a few tangencies between the bomb and the river that bother me. the tail does it too. maybe break a few edges. right now the bomb and river are at the same angle, and line up in such a way that neither one stands out as well as they would otherwise.
    What he said.

You'd have a more dynamic piece if the bomb was tilted, and the dragon was struggling with it just a bit. Cant the hips more so it's not just hanging there. The tail curving in, and under is really creating a static spot were you could use more dynamism. The dragons left forefoot/hand could be better placed as well.

Thanks
    A nice concept. I like it when planes and flying dragons go head to head!

I'm just worried about the physics of the thing. I just don't think he could fly with the bomb hanging way down there. It would be swinging about, pulling him off balance. I know it's a fantasy image but for the viewer to really connect with the image I think you still have to play within some of the rules of reality.

I would be more inclined to have him clutching the bomb with his front limbs, holding it closer to his body, closer to his center of gravity. I think he would have needed to use his legs to escape from wherever he stole the bomb from and to give him the necessary run up to take off. I always imagine dragons needing a run up before taking off...I don't see them being able just to flap their wings and take off from a standing start especially carrying a heavy object. I think his tail would be straighter out behind him due to his forward motion too.

You might want to give the bomb a bit of color variation to define the shape like a checkerboard strip around it or some stencilled millitary numbers. I googled for some images like that but couldn't find anything, but hey, this is supposed to be a fantasy image!!

Hope you don't mind my crits. If you do rework it I'd love to see the results...

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.