View testimonialsView Artwork
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Comments Wanted, new here...

Comments and hard-hitting criticism are welcomed,
    I'm striving to improve on any aspect i might be bad at,
    thanks!

i have around 8-12 sketches and WIP, but i guess i'll just post a few for comments 1st.

Sketches and Tablet drawings:
    my self-potrait, my 2nd tablet work.

3rd tablet work.

4th tablet work

2nd attempt at pencil-sketching humans.

another one.

ok, that'll be it for now...
    will update frequently though.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I liked more your'e drawing on the speedpainting thread, but that's because it's drawn in the painterly style that i like
    Ure characters are'nt at all that bad, sure u need to learn anatomy a bit more, but it isnt such a big deal. What im more concerned is that u have'nt drawn backgrounds in a single drawing that u have posted here... For all i know u could draw great backgrounds, in that case u should practise more of ure anatomy and rendering skills. But if u are no good at drawing backgrounds, now would be the time to learn...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by xenos
    I liked more your'e drawing on the speedpainting thread, but that's because it's drawn in the painterly style that i like
    Ure characters are'nt at all that bad, sure u need to learn anatomy a bit more, but it isnt such a big deal. What im more concerned is that u have'nt drawn backgrounds in a single drawing that u have posted here... For all i know u could draw great backgrounds, in that case u should practise more of ure anatomy and rendering skills. But if u are no good at drawing backgrounds, now would be the time to learn...
    thanks for your comments xenos, this is my latest work...
    Not all that good, but i would like to see what others see about my works, comments that is, on any aspect i should be improving...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    While I can appreciate that these are highly stylized, with little regard to proper anatomy, it seems like you would be much better at it if you would beef up your "realism" skills. Extreme styles such as anime and superhero comics are a crutch for good drawing. You can draw well; there are many little indicators, but by hopping over the lowest bar possible (simply copying a popular style), you are pigeon-holing yourself and making it much more difficult to improve and become a better, more well-rounded artist. You will not believe how much better you will be able to draw in this style once you get down reality. Every life study, be it figures, portraits, still-life, or land ir sea scapes, will make all of your drawings better. I once did a series of shoes, silverware, other odd stuff and my figures were noticably better afterward.

You've got skill. I hate to see you waste it.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by dogfood
    While I can appreciate that these are highly stylized, with little regard to proper anatomy, it seems like you would be much better at it if you would beef up your "realism" skills. Extreme styles such as anime and superhero comics are a crutch for good drawing. You can draw well; there are many little indicators, but by hopping over the lowest bar possible (simply copying a popular style), you are pigeon-holing yourself and making it much more difficult to improve and become a better, more well-rounded artist. You will not believe how much better you will be able to draw in this style once you get down reality. Every life study, be it figures, portraits, still-life, or land ir sea scapes, will make all of your drawings better. I once did a series of shoes, silverware, other odd stuff and my figures were noticably better afterward.

You've got skill. I hate to see you waste it.
    Thank you for your comments,
    guess i'll leave the anime-style drawing behind me, and start practising on real stuffs and objects. will update once i finish my practise works, for you guys to comment on.
    Till then,
    Cheers

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Oh, I'm not saying to burn all of your copies of Appleseed and purge the video library of Ghost in the Shell. I'm just saying that if you were to mix in some studies and work on different things, your anime work would really take off. The masters of anime are also masters of realism. Sometimes there are subject matters which draw us into art (forgive the pun) and give us the base level of skill that allows us to go on and really start learning to draw. It was comic books for me and it took me years to get any better, because I didn't change what I drew. Now, when I go back, stuff just pops out of my pencil that I wouldn't have been able to get near back in the day. Of course, you may find yourself explode with interest in other aspects of art.

It could happen...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    carsonsky: i really dig ure newest drawing - you will become a kick ass artist someday - but you have the same broblems as i do; you should improve you're anatomy skillz (nothing major here); practice drawing drapery/clothing; rendering(light/shadow); ladscapes/architecture ....

im not good at teaching to draw, so check out (if u havent already ) the many tutorials of the members of conceptart/eatpoo/elfwood/epilogue/gfxartists/sijun have made..

but above all else keep drawing, it does'nt matter what u draw as long as u have fun. ure drawing skills are bound to become better if u keep drawing

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hmm, your drawings look familiar...

...oh its you! no wonder lol!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    here's an update at my anatomy stuff, i'm using a borg first, will update later with a real human drawing.

still can't get the colors right, but i'm working on it. (studying the tutorial thread on the color wheel)

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.