Thanks

I'm a newbie here...

Hi everyone,

Before jumping into my whole schpiel about who I am and what I do, I would just like to say that I am absolutely THRILLED to be a part of this website. I just heard about it yesterday and I've been browsing around and never have I seen so much talent and knowledge in one place. The intelligence that so many of you exhibit on a regular basis through your posts is something that I have craved for a long time...

So, without further ado, I'm just going to jump into the aforementioned schpiel and hope for the best! Here goes...

My name is Ryan Stegman and I am 23 years old. I have a bachelor's degree in English from Michigan State University, but instead of using that expensive degree, I decided instead to draw. Things have really picked up for me recently and I am now drawing a brand new comic book for AP Comics (www.apcomics.com) entitled Midnight Kiss. I also just completed my first illustrations for Palladium's Splicers series. I'm looking to get more involved in both comics and RPG illustration...Most importantly, I'd like to begin doing some work for video games and/or movies since I already have a foot in the door in the other fields. Below is some starter artwork that I've done.

I recently destroyed my old website to build a new, more comprehensive one that should be out in a couple weeks...I'll keep everyone updated.

The first illustration was done for a now defunct project. I drew it over a year ago and just recently got it colored by my new creative partner, Kieran Oats. Kieran and I are actually going to team up as a penciler/colorist combination in hopes of getting jobs as a duo for anything and everything.

I'm a newbie here...

In the near future, Kieran will be coloring my Palladium work for our portfolio. I'll post that when I can.

The next picture here is a sketch that I did to get the job drawing Midnight Kiss for AP Comics. It was done very loosely, and then Don MacKinnon, AP Colorist extraordinaire, went to town on it. In the end I think it came out looking pretty cool!

I'm a newbie here...

The next five are pencilled pages from Midnight Kiss. As a little background info on the project...It's written by Tony Lee (tonylee.co.uk). He has written X-Men Unlimited and recently he wrote a new Starship Troopers series. He's good. For real. I fell in love with the script for Midnight Kiss when I read it. Anyway, here are the first five pages!

I'm a newbie here...
    I'm a newbie here...
    I'm a newbie here...
    I'm a newbie here...
    I'm a newbie here...

And lastly, here we have the colors of the first three pages of MK. It'll be out on shelves in August and we're pre-releasing it at the San Diego con, so check it out!

I'm a newbie here...

I'm a newbie here...

I'm a newbie here...

Thanks for checking this stuff out. I'll post as much as I can as often as I can. And please, if anyone has any questions or comments, don't hesitate to contact me. And just for reference, I'm always open to new work!

I'm not very familiar with RPG companies, but any info on people that you think might be interested in my work would be greatly appreciated as well.

Thanks again,

Ryan

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks

Thanks
    lol Molly

welcome aboard bro, i'll crit your work in finished section, not here...
    I'm a manky artist, don't mess with me

Thanks
    all introductions should be done this way...

cheers man, and welcome...

Thanks
    Well done! Looking forward to seeing more of your artwork in the future, and will pick up midnight kiss at my comic book store. Cheers!
    -Call me Semaj for short.

Thanks
    Sheez. Sexy.
    Welcome, hope to se more of this stuff

Thanks
    Molly: I'm a big entrance kinda guy! Thanks for the welcome...You all are so nice!

Forge: Thanks.

bryan: See? We're on the same page! And thanks for the welcoming.

Ssrenkah: Thanks! I appreciate you picking up the book...Hopefully you'll enjoy the words too.

Pencilator: I'm damn sexy! I make big entrances and I'm damn sexy...

Thanks everyone! And I also would like to add that I've got an article on Newsarama.com! Check it out:

http://newsarama.com/forums/showthre...threadid=30270

Thanks
    Hey your art looks great!

Thanks
    Shouldn't have gone for that English Bachelor eh?
    There are 3 sides to every story. Yours, mine and THE TRUTH.