Page 7 of 101 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 57 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    hey, nice sketches! Sketching from life is really cool, and the construction equipment is my favorite here : )

Well I know sketchbooks are for sketches, but the only crit (or not really a crit, just a wish) is to see more finished stuff, like the horse study. Also try to push the values more, make the darks darker and the lights lighter.
    EDIT: or, you can change that by adjusting the brightness/contrast in an image editing program like photoshop.

Cheers, keep posting!

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Wow, lotsa replies! Thanks everyone, you're all very encouraging!

That fat Kid - Thanks, those sketches were fun to do. I'm going to be doing a lot more similar work, I feel ive become more confident with doing sketches like that.

Interceptor - If I'm an animal, you're some kind of indescribable beast! Thanks!

Alday.J - Thanks a lot. By sports ones, I assume you mean the ones at the bodyworks show, those were probably my favorite, too.

HEROIC - Hehe, sorry for not telling you, i wasn't planning on because of the weather, but this was a last-minute decision since I had to go to the library to return all my anatomy books

bRØk3n_sPiRiT - Thank you, I do intend on doing more finished work, especially now that I have to get a portfolio prepared. There have been a lot of crits on me needing to do darker value, meaning I DEFINITELY need to get to work on that now.

These are sketches I did last night, but didnt get around to scanning:
    Self Portrait I tried to do without lifting pen from the page. Messed up proportioons:
    GreenSock's Sketchbook Diarrhea
    Value study of a bottle of turpentine. Pushed the darks a little but, but could do it more
    Nude study from photo reference. I think I got the proportions right for once.
    Watercolour skintone study from reference. Overall, pretty messed up, but the skintones themselves are good.
    And finally, a chalk pastel self-portrait. I'll try and do a better one later.

Last edited by SirGreenSock; October 2nd, 2009 at 10:01 AM.
    Nikola Odic
    sketchbook
    site
    you got them purty lips, boy

Thanks
    wow man, , really like the contour lines of ur first self portrait,
    The last portrait, , u look abit, FLAT , cheek mostly and lower lip

Looks good thought,

¤Sketch FACTORY¤

THe Cookie Factory StuDio
    Ryn
    --
    Project SOle.ca
    ¤ ¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤ ¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤ ¤

Thanks
    Thanked 1,568 Times in 753 Posts
    I like your sketches with construction equipment and perspective. They're very quick but give lots of information about the object/place. The last ones are nice too.
    Keep posting .

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SirGreenSock
    Alday.J - Thanks a lot. By sports ones, I assume you mean the ones at the bodyworks show, those were probably my favorite, too.
    Yeah, exactly what I mean... or try to say. My english is "off" sometimes, so forgive me for that kind of imprecision/mistake. Well there's a lot of new stuff, you're an animal, Interceptor is right on that point. I really need to do more studies like you did. You blow my eyes with your stuff ! Keep posting the good stuff, my friend !

Julien ALDAY

Thanks
    Hello sir, nice to see you're doing lots and lots of studies. They kinda show up a little bit grey... try adjusting levels in photoshop to make your marks more clear in the digital world? I love that sheep with the funny cloak. Keep it up!

Thanks
    Hey , those gestures from the park are very nice.I think the line quality is better than in the older once.I should also try to do some.

Thanks
    Thank you everyone!

Heroic - Hey man, I know what you mean about the flatness. I'll do a better one soon.

Farvus - Thanks, I enjoyed drawing the construction equipment. Gonna go back to the site the next warm day and try to do longer/closer studies.

Alday.J - Thanks a lot for the compliments!

Heartbeat - Thank you, I've been trying to improve my line quality lately, I still think its too messy with too many useless lines.

Stuff from today and yesterday. Updates will be probably be erratic for a while now, almost the end of the term, lotsa stuff due! >_<

Bought a new fountain/nib pen, been having fun with it.
    Subway sketches
    Went downtown with Heroic to the St. James cathedral. I did two very quick sketches, it was waaay too cold that day. I didnt notice the skewing until I scanned it

More sketchery
    GreenSock's Sketchbook Diarrhea GreenSock's Sketchbook Diarrhea
    Figuring some stuff out
    Experimenting with rendering, aside from a few annoyances, i think it turned out well
    More classmates. I must seem like the creepiest guy, just sitting there sketching people

Last edited by SirGreenSock; October 2nd, 2009 at 10:01 AM.
    Nikola Odic
    sketchbook
    site

Thanks
    The naked asian guy #88 wierded me out when I first saw it, I thought they were having you draw freshmen in lifedrawing class, I assume your in highschool which you may have said already. The lifedrawings are excellent, screwy proportions and all.

Sketchbook

"Beliefs are rules for action"
    "Knowledge is proven in action."
    "It's use is it's meaning."

Thanks
    you are a god damned machine. . . . love this stuff - keep it coming man

I my girlfriend & my book of sketches

Thanks
    In a general way the stance of your characters is very good ! Bravo, SirGreenSock !

Julien ALDAY

Thanks
    when i look from beginning to the present, id say that this sketchbook has undergone quite an evolution. your style has only gotten better, as has your skill. its something to be admired, the way you work, as it seems your commitment to drawing is absolute. with out question. i enjoy you graphites and some of the inks, but the colored peices are really something. youll only become greater with every finished page. dont stop the work.

the very best to you,

Woodruff

Thanks
    Thank you everyone, your encouragement pushes me to work more dilingently. In the past few weeks I've found myself having lots of fun drawing constantly. I use to have to make myself sit down and sketch, but now I just sit down and sketch without hesitation.

armando - Haha, my brother thought the same thing! The asian guy is actually from a hi-res photo I found on 3d.sk. I liked the values and decided to draw him, but I guess he turned out looking really young.

legacy - Thanks for the compliment, will do.

Alday.J - Thank you! I've recently been working to improve on whole figure work, instead of constantly focusing on the head and hands, right now I'm keeping busy mainly with torsoes.

That fat kid - Thanks, I've really become immersed in just sitting around and drawing whenever I get the chance. The best way to learn is to make drawing fun!

Azeira - Thanks a lot for the compliments! I'm glad you like the coloured work, its an area where I still have trouble, mainly because I don't do it enough.

More work!

A photoshop sketch for an assignment for english class. I had forgotten just how fun it is to sketch in PS. I gotta start working with figuring out custom brushes.
    Pencil portraits, Im quite happy with the likeness, but I didnt have enough time to really develop the values.
    Still figuring out figures . I need so start looking at references of backs, Im having trouble with figuring out how everything looks from these angles.
    Pen sketches, trying to clean up my lines more
    Random doodles and gestures

Thats it for today as well! Tomorrow Im hopefully do some traditional and digital painting, I'm wondering how oil would look in a sketchbook.

Last edited by SirGreenSock; October 2nd, 2009 at 09:58 AM.
    Nikola Odic
    sketchbook
    site

Page 7 of 101 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 57 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 3