Page 38 of 88 FirstFirst ... 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    LOL ! Nicolas, your reply made me all fuzzy and warm ! You know what, if I was in a 56k connection I will probably never check your thread, so many pictures, lol ! But it's not the case, hopefully. Nice update here, I prefer the first one, graphic and elegant.
    Cheers, sir.
    Julien.
    P.S: Yeah, yeah, you can speack french if you want, but don't force yourself.
    Julien ALDAY

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    hey SirGreenSock ,
    your watercolor remember me to amishcommish ( if i m writing correctly..)
    it' s a compliment. your moleskine sketchbbok kiicks ass . i m speechless . I can't even speak of your digital stuff, it s terrible. sorry i ve any constructive comment for you ..

Thanks
    nice new bunch of stuff, dude! Like the way you experiment with photoshop, wanna see some more of that
    -----------------------
    Available for freelance work! contact me via : cgrobelski@gmail.com

PORTFOLIO

cgbrush.org

deviantart

Follow me on Twitter!!

aaaaaaaaand

friend me on Facebook!!!!

.....bitches!

Finally Finished

Da sketchbook

Thanks
    @A#&!

I get like one sketch done for every 50 you do! Some great stuff as always. I like the Photoshop experiments. I'm starting to play with PS more now also. A lot of neat hidden things in there. Keep at it!

The real question is...

Are your socks really green?

Thanks
    In celebration of HEROIC updating his sb, I did the same...

Tiny thing, getting frustrated with school cutting into my drawing and ultimately portfolio time.

Serious question for you all: with Montreal in a week (!) Im trying to put together a portfolio of some of my work to get crits over there. Im thinking 10-15 pics, originally planned on doing all 15 as brand new pics. BEcause of time constraints though I'll have to use other previous work as well. So my question is: Which pieces do you think are good enough to be included in the folio, or are close enough that they just need to be revisited and fixed? I'd really appreciate any input on strong pieces that I could use.

The update:

still playing in PS, pencil tool...
    GreenSock's Sketchbook Diarrhea

then a pile of molesknie stuff, mostly either grease pencil or ink wash. Enjoy for now!

replies:

guggen - haha, indeed. Thanks!

zordo - Thanks, SEVEN days now :X

coyotepretty - hehe thanks. GUess I'll have to rent the movie...

Kresh - thanks a lot man, lots of grease pencil with this update! Glad you enjoy em!

Alday - Thanks Julien, I could say the same for you. Maybe if I updated more often I'd push more pages and be easier on the 56k-ers... Glad you like the first one, guess I accomplished my goal. I'll try speaking (writing) French once I review my Larousse.

Shylone Breath - Thanks a lot! Thats quite a compliment, Amishcommy is a great artist, his watercolours really influenced the way i look at the medium.

Gloominati - Thanks, gonna try and experiment in PS more now that i have the time (sorta)

Artguy - Haha hey man! Thanks! I'll keep up the PS stuff if you do. Green socks are hard to come buy, but I'll be donning a pair for Montreal.
    Last edited by SirGreenSock; October 2nd, 2009 at 09:31 AM.
    Nikola Odic
    sketchbook
    site
    you got them purty lips, boy

Thanks
    :o

(That message was too short)

Thanks
    Hey man, we get an update?! YES! Just think, you're almost through it all and then the workshop = pure drawing ALL THE TIME. The SP in pencil [?] looks terrific, shit, all your pencils do. Sometimes I wish I were in school again so I could draw people from life. That's about the one good thing about being in class.. but keep on keeping the DOOM on in the north! We'll be seeing you SOON ENOUGH. Cheers, doommate!

Thanks
    great moleskins! this sp is fucking super duper http://www.projectsole.ca/gallery/al...s/may06295.jpg Id say definently put that in your folio, the way you put value down like how you explained has really put your work on a whole new level. how long did that one take?
    bah, wish I could go to montreal too D:

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by kingcoyote
    One of the things I really enjoy about you is your (apparent) fearlessness...
    I was struck by this when I revisited this thread. Awesome work and awesome effort! I especially like the SPs you are doing periodically. I'm kind of really inspired.

Thanks
    Extremely Nice , that it was as always. The great hardwork, its just paying off , as its shown, u have Very nice progression, DIfferent mediums, different styles. Sweet water colours, SPs amazingly done.
    COngratz for all the great success body
    Really happy for ya, and we sure kick some ass both at Montreal and College. heck of a fun time.

Love ur stuff.. becoming my fav :p aye aye ayee
    Keep up ur great work.
    THis SHIT is so nice , totally diff than wt it is in SB, the one in sb was extremely HUGE

AMi
    ¤Sketch FACTORY¤

THe Cookie Factory StuDio
    Ryn
    --
    Project SOle.ca
    ¤ ¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤ ¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤ ¤

Thanks
    WEEE! Pretty much finished with my Montreal folio! If I have time I'll come back and clean up, but if not, this is how far Im taking it.

Any input would be very much appreciated (pages arent put in order, didnt really bother with that, I'll organize that once i get it all printed). SUPERDOOMSPECIAL thanks to guggen, who really helped me pull this together!
    Link to the pdf file (5.6mb)

Aaaand, 2 OLD pictures I coloured in PS to use in the folio:

This is likely the last update until Montreal, have 4 days to finish all my projects, dont have time to scan the traditional stuff.

replies:

pixel :

zordo - WOOT 4 days now! so freaking psyched!!

Fatty - Got some more finished (mostly) shit for ya. Check the folio for more you may have missed. Your turn now

Archipelago - Thanks! Took your advice and tossed it in. Not sure how long it took, maybe 30-40 minutes?

rsnurkle - Thanks!

HEROIC - AMIIIIIIR! Thanks man, were gonna kick all their azzez! GET YOUR FOLIO READY!!!
    Last edited by SirGreenSock; October 2nd, 2009 at 09:31 AM.
    Nikola Odic
    sketchbook
    site

Thanks
    you want some input? Here you got it

SO all in all a really nice portfolio. The first thing I noticed was that the variety of quality is really high, wich simply means that your stuff drawn and painted from life is WAAAAAY better then your mindstuff. Especially your selfportratis and the figure drawings are really standing out of the rest in my oppinion.

So concerning the concept designs, especially characters:

The first thing I noticed about that was that yo don't seem to be playing around that much, all your designs are quite straight. this can be a good thing but you can see that this is occuring in most of your designs wich makes them lack uniqueness a lot. BUT I have to say that there are a few designs that lead in the right direction, so I'd sugegst to you to free our mind even more, make some crazy shit with your characters so that they get more interessting to the viewer. I see that you are playing around with digital stuff way more than with the real pencil so you can choose if you wanna keep the freshness with the real pencil or if you wanna stay digital for a while.

Some of your watercolor stuff looks a bit too loose wich makes these little paintings look a bit messy sometimes.

So all in all I can say that there is a nice veriety in your portfolio, unfortunately your lifedrawings are much better compared to your mindstuff, and sometimes your mindstuff lacks a bit freshness.

SO that was concerning the contend now there comes the Formal/technical stuff, lol.

As I said some of these watercolors are a bit too messe and therefor hard to read.
    here and there are some proportional issues wich are not that heavy though, so you will have fixed these problems in no time.
    Sometimes your pencilstuff lack a bit contrast (wich might be caused by a shitty scanner)

Last but not least I wanna point out the highlights of your portfolio:

all the selfportraits (the ones done with pencil and especially the one wrapped in foil, hehe)

your digital pieces especially the teen challenge piece

figurative drawings

So all in all a cool portfolio you've got there, I hope you don't thing I am harsh becuase of pointing out all that stuff, just wanna help a bit.
    -----------------------
    Available for freelance work! contact me via : cgrobelski@gmail.com

PORTFOLIO

cgbrush.org

deviantart

Follow me on Twitter!!

aaaaaaaaand

friend me on Facebook!!!!

.....bitches!

Finally Finished

Da sketchbook

Thanks
    Woot! Thanks a lot for the input Gloom! Really appreciate it!

I think you've nailed me on the head from every angle; I am much more confident working from life than from the mind. Ive been trying to remove the timidness of my imagination sketches for a while, but that improvement has been slow. Gonna keep pushing at it, play with it more.
    Gonna stay more focused on my watercolours and pencils, I think the overly loose work and lack of contrast is from my own laziness more than anything else, glad I got called out on it, gonna work in that area too.

You werent at all harsh man, this is just the kind of kick in the balls I was making the portfolio for. Can't wait for the pros in Montreal to tell me how much I suck

Thanks again!

I'm gonna get this printed tomorrow or Monday otherwise I wont have time, so the input I recieve at this time I can actually try to apply to the folio before Montreal.
    Nikola Odic
    sketchbook
    site

Thanks
    The PDF Doesn't work for me... the link does, but when I try to open it it says it can't repair the file. =(

Thanks
    Really? Weird, works for me (and Im guessing Gloominati). Its a PDF 1.4, maybe you either gotta re-download it or see if your Acrobat needs updating...
    Nikola Odic
    sketchbook
    site

Page 38 of 88 FirstFirst ... 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 ... LastLast