Art: Art Class
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Art Class

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Art Class

Hey i wanted to know how you all feel about art class because even though my teacher tells me all these great techniques and such i always suck while drawing in art class...im not a great artist but im actually half way decent except when in art class b/c we are always drawing people sitting on a chair wheres the creativity in that?? I just cant put any feeling into the drawings...is this normal???

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    As a teacher always told us, he only define some rules to follow, the rest is up to you. Look at the speed painting theme on this board, the only rules is a thema : look what everybody do! Don't be too schoolar, find a thing that interest you in the subject given, and made it fit the rules... If you don't do that, imagine later : rules given for a job can be more restrictive, what are you going to do?
    So, the only advice I can give you is : work for you, you will evolve a lot more faster than you imagine and you will take a lot a pleasure in drawing

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

draw the figure...

you have to know how to draw the figure. that's one of the biggest things, not only on these boards, but in all of artwork in general. take your opportunities and use them wisely. i'd love to be in the position of being able to draw figures all the time.

if you do end up going to art school, you'll really understand what i'm talking about. to draw your ogres and giants and what not, you have to be able to draw realistic poses if you want to make it as a concept artist.

Last edited by empty; March 3rd, 2003 at 03:12 PM.
    peace,
    empty

--------------
    got phib?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Thanks

Thanks alot for the feed back guys i just wanted to see some different opinions you help out alot....

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    yeah i agree with empty life drawing is 1 of the most important if not the most important subjects you need to learn to become a good artist. It will help the way you approach your drawings. Good luck with school

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I don't learn nothing either , but art class does help in drawing the human body correctly and understand it, with me I am getting a lot better in speed drawing

Perfect Kay

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.