Is it called a sketchbook group?

View testimonialsView Artwork
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Red face Is it called a sketchbook group?

I have been thinking of starting one of these things with a few of the local artist and was trying to remember the name of them. You know, the things where you get together about once a week to draw and talk.
    I thought I had herd it called something different in the past, sort of a play on words (but I have forgotten).

I know this is a really stupid question but had to ask. sorry if anyone offended.

Donnie.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    where you at? if you're in NYC check this out:

Inspired by Digi, goldenavatar and myself are starting our own subway sketch group in NYC.

Details:
    Sunday March 27, 2005 we will meet up at 1:30 PM (i'll try to be there at 1:00) at the Starbucks outside Penn Station (34th Street between 7th and 8th Ave. right next to 1 Penn Plaza). We will take the 2 or 3 train up to the Bronx Zoo area and then down to Brooklyn and back again.
    The only cost for this is the price of a subway pass.

every week we will try a new subway line. Bring your pens, pencils and sketchbooks. we will spend a few hours assaulting the personal space of unassuming subway travelers.

Drawing on the subway presents a great oportunity to observe people. Also, by not providing you with a lot of time or still poses it forces you to get down the essential gesture of a person. I've filled up whole sketchbooks with chicken scratches masquerading as gesture drawings and it has been very helpful to my development as an artist. My hero, friend and mentor, George Pratt (Enemy Ace, Wolverine: Netsuke), credits this method for his development as well. he would spend hours on the subway to and from Pratt institute in the late 70's sketching people.

We welcome every skill level.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Yeah, I have ask the same question on that very thread before posting here. I told the fellow that I would join his but Im in Indiana and thats kind of a long drive.

Donnie.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.