Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: EPIII Trailer

Thanks

EPIII Trailer

Hey all, I might be a bit behind the times in terms of the trailer but I just went to the sw.com site and saw it. The trailer looks AMAZING. I am mustering up all of the hope I can that this film will not only pull the narrative together, not only see Jar Jar killed, but will finally be a great film amongst a pair of disasters.

http://movies.channel.aol.com/featur...rs/trailer.adp

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    that is the best trailer i've seen of this damn movie!
    Do you know the muffinman?

Originally Posted by creatix
    Once you understand what the word "stupid" means - age is no longer a valid excuse for being that way.

Thanks
    I didn't want to know that Jar Jar got killed arrrrrgggggghhhhhh! I can't even formulate a coherent sentence on how much this trailer kicks total fucking ass dude! I believe when it finally comes out, some of you may want to watch the news about a crazed black irishman running the streets with a toy lightsaber ranting "Join me or die"!
    -Call me Semaj for short.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,309 Times in 389 Posts
    I like how there's a twi-lek in it, I've always liked those.

Did Palpatine rush the jedi council guys? I'll be neat to see him kicking some ass.
    Jamen jag tror att han skäms, och har gömt sig. Vårt universum det är en av dom otaliga spermasatser som Herren i sin självhärliga ensamhet har runkat fram för å besudla intet.

Thanks
    are there any male twileks? i can't seem to remember ever seeing one...

twileks are teh sex!!1
    ...so what if i'm bored, and ordinary?...

currently playing: Super Mario 64 DS, ICO (grrrr....)

Thanks
    ROTJ Jabba's personal assistant

Thanks
    Thanked 1,309 Times in 389 Posts
    There's a fat blue male twilek in one of the new movies I think, but I've only seen it in still pictures.

Trailer is looking good indeed! Annie said 'powaas' in a pretty gay manner though.
    Jamen jag tror att han skäms, och har gömt sig. Vårt universum det är en av dom otaliga spermasatser som Herren i sin självhärliga ensamhet har runkat fram för å besudla intet.

Thanks
    ah, that's right. must be selective memory. so the whole basis of the twilek race is females = the hawt, males = creepy gross albino freaks??
    ...so what if i'm bored, and ordinary?...

currently playing: Super Mario 64 DS, ICO (grrrr....)

Thanks
    I honestly think that Lucas is going to pull it off.

Thanks
    I dunno. I have high hopes after watching the trailer, but so far its strike 2. One thing I hate about watching the trailer is that it gives almost the whole plot away. I hope the dialog is better then the last 2 films. they say it might warrent a PG13 rating. Thats what I heard anyway.

Thanks
    Yeah, but I felt this kind of happy anticipation twice already, and both episodes failed me back then. Sure, its flashy and there looks like a gigantic space battle (something I've been looking forward to since ROTJ's) But... I don't know... in the words of Solo, I think Lucas is truly "only in it for the money". Only time will tell.

Oh, and Yoda should have never picked up a lightsabre, and Palpatine shouldn't either. Their attacks should be psychological, their weapons their minds.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Scubasteve
    One thing I hate about watching the trailer is that it gives almost the whole plot away.
    Except we've known the plot for over 20 years now.

0kelvin
    www.WhereIsMyEyeball.com My portfolio! Go check it out!
    Sketchbook

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Saga
    Oh, and Yoda should have never picked up a lightsabre, and Palpatine shouldn't either. Their attacks should be psychological, their weapons their minds.
    When facing an opponent of great power who is weilding a physical weapon that is physically blockable only by another of the same, do you omit to use such a similar weapon and therefore make yourslf weaker simply to conform to another's visoon of what you should be as a powerful Jedi? Or can powerful Jedi not defend themselves with a lightsaber if another powerful Jedi attacks them with a lightsaber? Is this "against the rules"? Dooku would have killed Anakin and Obi-wan had Yoda not pulled out his own saber. It requires an unimaginable power in telkenesis to be able to counter a saber with another lesser object; only Vodo Baas of millennia gone by was capable of such a feat, and even he was beaten and killed on those tersm by Exar Kun. Telekenesis isn't even Yoda's strong suit; it's actually his weakness, and a mental approach will not stop an opponent of comparable mental power from killing two other people who are uninvolved with the combat at that given time.

Thanks
    Yeah, alright. But I just remember reading Timothy Zahn's Vision of the Future, and the description of Yoda's battle with a Dark Jedi that crashed landed on Dagobah. The limited description had me thinking of these two enemies trying to destroy each other with their minds, through nightmares, haluccinations, and the like. I truly think Lucas only gave Yoda a lightsabre in order to make him do backflips off a wall, to show off his new digital creation.

Thanks
    Dark Side all the way !!

Thanks
    Yeah! Thats the hope I have: those who aren't going to die are switching to the darkside!

Thanks
    There are always only 2 sith, master and apprentice Saga, so that isn't going to happen. Also there would be a huge outcry from the fans of star wars if we didn't get to see Yoda wield a lightsaber and I can't wait to see the 2 greatest masters duke it out. I am positive the battle between Yoda and Palpatine will be both on the physical and telekinetic level.

Thanks
    I think what may happen (and the trailer slightly confirmed this) is that the fight happens in the Senate. Palp and Yoda both represent opposing sides of the political aspect and these one on one lightsabre duals take mostly larger issues and boil them down to a personal battle. Palp is the strongest with the force out of any character on screen yet.

I think the battle may take place on a few sets ala vader/luke ESB. The Senate pods look to be crashing down in chaos though I am sure Palp will use the Senate as a huge advantage to wipe out the leaders of all races in one enormous stroke.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Saga
    Yeah, alright. But I just remember reading Timothy Zahn's Vision of the Future, and the description of Yoda's battle with a Dark Jedi that crashed landed on Dagobah. The limited description had me thinking of these two enemies trying to destroy each other with their minds, through nightmares, haluccinations, and the like. I truly think Lucas only gave Yoda a lightsabre in order to make him do backflips off a wall, to show off his new digital creation.

Hm. There may be some truth to that. I mean, that's probably what was going through Lucas's head, but from an apologist point of view, One must note that Dooku chose to make the fight a lightsaber fight. If it had been Yoda versus Palpatine, they would have done similar to the fight in that novel. You'll notice that both Yoda and Palpatine only draw their sabers when facing opponents with lightsabers.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Presence
    The Senate pods look to be crashing down in chaos though I am sure Palp will use the Senate as a huge advantage to wipe out the leaders of all races in one enormous stroke.
    No, also not going to happen unfortunately. If you remember in A New Hope Grand Moff Tarkin tells those aboard the newly constructed Death Star that the Emperor has disbanded the Imperial Senate. The worlds are now under the direct control of their regional Governors at that the fear of the battle station will keep them in line. So the fight that ensues between Palpatine and Yoda takes place in an empty senate hall, when the senate is probably not in session.

Thanks
    Wow, you definetly are a star wars geek. Is there anything you don't know about Star Wars Semaj?
    Yeah Baby! Cause I'm The Evil Midnight Bomber What Bombs At Midnight!

Thanks
    Whoot, another SW fan! Good to see you around, Ssenkrah Semaj, I was afraid the thread'd be full of bashing by the end of the first page, but now I'll know I won't be the only one defending the movies

Thanks
    Hphm. I was a hard core fan to at one point. I think I was in my element the day before Episode 1 was released. Now (sigh) I'm one of those "jaded fans", I guess. I've moved on. But I will see this finished by watching the last episode to be made.

By the way, I knew about 'only two Sith can exist at the same time' bit. I just got a bit excited with the prospect of Binks getting killed by Anakin, or something. I'm sure almost everyone agrees with me that Jar Jar must die.

Thanks
    hahaha, is that Terry in the beginning? AAU students know what im talking about..

Thanks
    Just watched the last of the clone wars cartoons, looks like episode 3 will be pretty nicely set up. Hope it kicks ass this time.
    Cave House Studios - creative animation and video
    What the Sketchbook

Thanks
    I saw the star wars cartoon a little while ago also. Superb it was really great I'd put it on a close (Not the same) pedestal to some of the best american animation ive seen.
    "Do the best that you wanna do." -My personal quote.

http://www.conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=35829

Sketchbook Thread. Look at it, rate it, post and crit on it.

Thanks
    Season 3 of the clone wars animated series really dissapointed me, in my opinion it wasn't as entertaining as the first and second seasons. My dissapointment is probably due to the fact there wasn't a final showdown with Grievous, but how could there have been? The Clone Wars series has made me more excited to see General Grievous than any other Star Wars character in action, even dare I say Vader.

Thanks
    Jar Jar is actually in the DVD cut of Return of the Jedi. You can here him yell "Weesa Freeee!" in the Naboo celebration scene.

i thought the trailer looked awesome, but i thought that for Attack of the Clones as well. im not getting my hopes up, but im sure it will be better than the last 2 episoded.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by CoNTRoL
    Jar Jar is actually in the DVD cut of Return of the Jedi. You can here him yell "Weesa Freeee!" in the Naboo celebration scene.
    i hope you are wrong....if i see jar jar, im gonna light the theater on fire....i'm just glad i still have the '97 special edition, so i can watch a less-ruined cut of the movie

is it just me, or is the guy playing anakin a horrible actor, who is seemingly always crying.....i'll be glad when he falls in the lava and i dont have to see his face anymore
    My Sketchbook
    My Website
    Atlanta Sketchgroup
    "Why should I believe you? You're Hitler!"

Thanks
    um... damn. that actually looked cool...

Character of the Week :: A weekly character exploration activity.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast