Page 7 of 60 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 57 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    It amazes me how much you draw everyday! Sorry but I can't help pointing out that most of the heads from that really huge update look like some are from the same angles as some of them before. Maybe try looking up photos on the net of people's heads, or better yet grab a mirror and use your own head as a reference. Either way keep drawing like crazy

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Hey mate! Sorry for not posting in your scetchbook for so long, but that'll change with this very minute

I dig the compassion you put into your studies and you seem to get along very well, something others (like me) can learn a lot from .

It seems to me that you have to train your eye with some refs. You still lack the right feeling in some of the more detailed head-studies, especially the side views.

All in all, you're improving and you'll get 10 times better than me in no time, keep it up!

Thanks

Walking The Walk

Studies paying off <> if you think of the head as a world globe with latitudes and longitudes put the features on it and spin it in all direction you will really have the grasp of the head in all positions

Thanks
    Wow thanks for the replies, guys!

Dan1989- thanks for stopping by again! Yeah it's pretty hard to draw such an amount of headconstructions and not to redraw some of them by mistake. Well i'll do my best thanks for the advice with the mirror, I have one standing on my desk but I don't know why I didn't use it for these headconstructions. Thanks!

Faust - Hey great to see you again around here! Well I must admit that I don't like to draw from reference photos, but I know that I should do more referencing. Actually I prefer drawing from life, well we'll see I will pay attention to draw more from life/reference. Thanks for the reply

mentler- great to see you around here. I'll do my best to pay even more attention on the construction lines!

Okay here comes the next update! This are only some of yesterdays and todays drawings. Actually I have to stres the 'some' cause I have em already done but I simply have no time to scan them all ( I hate damn fuckin scanning
    )

Gloominati┤s sketches :!! OFFICIALLY CLOSED!!
    -----------------------
    Available for freelance work! contact me via : cgrobelski@gmail.com

PORTFOLIO

cgbrush.org

deviantart

Follow me on Twitter!!

aaaaaaaaand

friend me on Facebook!!!!

.....bitches!

Finally Finished

Da sketchbook

Thanks
    okay here comes the next tiny update. Didn't draw much today only this little doodle I painted in photoshop. It isn't finished as you see, well lets call it a speedpaint . Probably I will have to draw through the night today, last time I did that is much too long ago, perhaps 3 days... >

-----------------------

PORTFOLIO

cgbrush.org

deviantart

Follow me on Twitter!!

aaaaaaaaand

.....bitches!

Finally Finished

Da sketchbook

Thanks
    oaky here we go again. Yesterday was a bad day again and I am still waiting for
    Gottfried Bammes's "Die gestalt des Menschen" - The book I've ordered a few days ago hoping to get some new inspiration out of it.
    Well good days come good days go, I think I will have to live with it. Next update!

Wohoo the goal is comin nearer and nearer
    -----------------------

PORTFOLIO

cgbrush.org

deviantart

Follow me on Twitter!!

aaaaaaaaand

.....bitches!

Finally Finished

Da sketchbook

Thanks
    Hi man - wow its great to see so much motivation! Hehe its getting in your blood now - the hard work? Do you dream of heads at night and then draw them? Again really cool to see all this - keep fighting man and you will get where you want to be! You make me feel like drawing!

Thanks
    Well no update this time, nevertheless this is not supposed to be a bumping post or something like that. It's just a thought I want to share with you guys.
    I just came home from a short walk outside and during this walk I thought about me realted to my art and linked to that this sketchbook here. And then I realized something important:
    Posting constantly in this thread and especially during this special holiday project , I tried to draw some gestural drawings of course many of them were inspirated by the pro's work like Marko Djurdjevic's, HPX's or/and Wes9000's. I wanted to draw this damn loose figures and faces just like the pros do but just now I understood that this is the wrong path to walk on. I cannot draw a superloose figure if I can't push a figure's anatomy to it's best. I don't talk about rendering, just about the shape, the understanding and expressing it on the paper. It isn't possible to reduce a figure that way that it's drawn with a few accurate pencilstrokes without being able to draw a superhyperbadass one. Well and thats actually what I have realized just after a few minutes. okay to go to the heart of this post: What will this mean for this sketchbook thread and for my artjourney in general? I'll try to push my stuff to its very best, no quick stuff. I will try to go to the limit cause only when I reach this limit I can pass it and push it furter and further. This doesn't mean that I'll try to do one badass masterpiece after the other, that's not the point. I will push everythin to it's best even if it's easy appearing stuff like these headconstructions.
    Pushing everything, every 'easy apearing' somethings to its best, that's the new motto, an important one as I believe
    -----------------------

PORTFOLIO

cgbrush.org

deviantart

Follow me on Twitter!!

aaaaaaaaand

.....bitches!

Finally Finished

Da sketchbook

Thanks
    I think what you are talking about is true to some degree. But don't JUST draw everything meticulously, the key is to make studies by drawing SOME of them quickly and gesturally, and draw others very carefully to the best of your ability. If you practice BOTH methods of drawing, it will make you a more well-rounded artist. And remember, "looseness" comes from a superb amount of control, marko and wes9000 etc. all had to learn academic skills (We're talking YEARS of self-training) before they were able to pull of such stylized drawings. Don't put yourself down if you can't draw like them now, focus on doing the best work you can do at this point and time.

Thanks
    Hey Gloom, you're doing well mate, don't be too hard with yourself, go slow, take your time with your stuff, keep at your own rythm. The things will come sooner or later, i know, sooner the better but keep practising until you feel you're able to do it loose.
    Anyways, keep at it, good stuff already.

Cheers

Thanks
    fellah - Yeah to be honest, I'm also surprised that my motivation is still so big after having drawn that much in the last weeks. But it's great to still enjoy even drawing these headconstructionst that much but I am glad that it hasn't come so far that I dream of theese heads . Yes mate draw draw draw always good to see you stuff!

Dan1989 - Yes you're right. It would be bad not just to doodle and draw quick gestures. I believe that drawing would loose a lot of fun if you push every piece to the end. Doodling and speedpainting is too much fun to just letting it go. Thanks for your reply man always good to see you here!

Diego- Hey mate nice to see you stopping by. Yes I know one step after the other I just felt that as far as I remember I have never gone to the limit of my skills. I want to do that now just to proove myself how good/bad I actually am. But youre completely right, everything takes time and learning to create art more than anything else. Thanks for stopping by hope I will see you more here!

Okay here comes the new update. Unfortunately I cant pass the 200 pages border today but tomorrow, for sure

and here comes the funstuff
    Last edited by Gloominati; August 12th, 2005 at 07:41 AM.
    -----------------------

PORTFOLIO

cgbrush.org

deviantart

Follow me on Twitter!!

aaaaaaaaand

.....bitches!

Finally Finished

Da sketchbook

Thanks
    Yo gloom, nice pages. Try not to worry about the quantity of pages, instead try to fill every page as much as you can. For example try to draw 12 skulls/head structure per page instead of six. Try different views of the arm, torso.
    Try to build the torso and arm like the head, looking for simple shapes, be patient with that.
    Hope it helps.

Keep on drawing
    Cheers

Thanks
    Diego- thanks for your comment dude. Actually I have to worry abot the amount of pages because I challenged myself in the summerholidays with filling 300 pages of my sketchbooks in the time of the summerholidays (that's what explains the number before each page). But yes your're right, I' ll try to fill the pages more. (pointing at new update )

Okay ladies and genlemen with this update I have passed the 200 pages mark. The goal is comin nearer and nearer.
    This is the last update with that many headconstructions. I decided to take the next step and try to build up the (Loomis)planes of the head upon these basic constructions.

Here we go again guys!

and here comes the fun stuff again:
    -----------------------

PORTFOLIO

cgbrush.org

deviantart

Follow me on Twitter!!

aaaaaaaaand

.....bitches!

Finally Finished

Da sketchbook

Thanks
    Christ, you're a maniac workhorse. Starting to see some awesome progress mate, keep going and by the time you're my age you'll be whopping some major ass. Keep an eye on your line quality though.

m

Thanks
    One thing I notice in the last set of heads is that you are experimenting with the angles more, that's good! I notice the underplane of the chin area looks off though, try ref-ing it if you think it will help! The figures are great too

Page 7 of 60 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 57 ... LastLast