TMNT WIP. Please Help!

View testimonialsView Artwork
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

TMNT WIP. Please Help!

Hi This is a sketch soon to be painting I am working on, I will be posting my progress as I continue it. The scene is one of the turtles(I haven't decided yet) on a roof top having a "dust in the wind" ninja moment. What I am hoping to get from you guys/dolls at this point in time is if i should add some graffiti or something to make it look more like a roof top, also I think the pose might be too hard to understand at first look. The perspective still needs some work but I think I did a decent job so far. Please telll me what you think! Here is the first sketch with out background(Blown up).

TMNT WIP. Please Help!

Here it is a little farther along(some of it is still cut off because the bristol is bigger than my scanner).

TMNT WIP. Please Help!

Thank you for taking a look!

(Pirates are cool)
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,017 Times in 286 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    ok just a few crits here

the anatomy needs a bit of work here and there, inparticular the right calf (closest to us) is smaller than the left, whereas it should be the other way around. beef it up a bit. same goes for the right thigh, it needs to be more shapely and perhaps a hint of cheek would be good aswell. flatten out the butt, it looks like hes hovering instead of sitting. the shell needs to pop out a little more, not the individual plates but the thing itself needs to be rounder because its sitting very flat on his back atm. lastly, look at the right foot. from memory TMNT have what, two toes? even so, it still looks like were looking at two left feet. if you can, add the other toe, but the slightest bit smaller and down a fraction so you can see the toe on the far side. this will give it a bit more depth. you may want to lengthen the right foot while your at it.

wow that turned out to be more than a few crits (it is crit week after all! )

as for graffitti, i dont think itll need it, perhaps a styrofoam cup or some piles of rubble, but appart from that i dont think youd get enough people up on rooftops to graffitti. perhaps you could put your signature just behind the turtle, scrawled sideways into what should be either rusted or galvanised metal. ok then hope that helps

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Good Eye

Thank you I thought the right foot looked a little flat but I was at a loss as to how to fix 'cause in the comic there toes are the same size but after all this is my drawing. I'm really glad I have a chance to fix these before I begin to colour it, so thank you stoph!

(Pirates are cool)

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.