Page 7 of 38 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast

Thread: Fin - 1 APR 11 - x1

Thanks
    wow..i prefer the action pose where hes jamming out POWER CHORDS OF MASS DESTRUCTION. mmmm but its gravy still rofl.
    something you might need to consider is the alienation of anatomy between the goat head and the muscular human body. modify the proportions of the muscles add some fat and wrinkling and maybe some fur in some areas, also, scale back on the inflation in some of those muscles, i know this demon is buff but i think the whole bodybuilder anthro demon things been done till death and then some. so. youw ill find that choosing areas to show developed musculature will be more effective beause there are areas of less development to act as a contrast.

am i making sense. im sorry if i ramble...rrr.rrrr
    ZCAI

"The greatest tragedy is when theory far exceeds performance." Leonardo Da Vinci
    ---------------------------------------------
    INTERNATIONAL SKETCHBOOK SUPPORT GROUP

ERILAZ! OTHERSIDE! CRAZY3DMAN! THEGREYPENCIL!

I SPY WITH MY EYES...GROUP

SEPULVERTURE! BHANU! BENDRAGON! JOHN T!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    ArcoNL: Heh I've been told that a few times, I'll make it bigger.
    Matt Smith: I'm glad you think so, he's not meant to be taken too seriously
    thegreypencil: well, I could flesh out the jammin' sketch and see how that goes eh? But you are making sense, don't worry. i see that the head looks very...stuck-on and I don't want him to look like some goat-furry-thing (eew). I'll update with some more progress later then, thanks for your crit!
    Finn | my sketchbook thread | tumblr | Bēhance | gorillaartfare | whiskey, gin, and pints of beer

Thanks
    Great sketchbook, lovely lines & great rendering. You're animal drawings are top notch!... Keep 'em coming and thanks for visiting my SB!

Cheers,
    Arco
    My CA sketchbook

My comfy Sofa

Thanks
    cool stuff! im glad youre doing some studies

with the goat dude, the external oblique attaches further up, its visible next to the serratus things just under the pecs...kinda hard to explain,
    also the rib cage, make the under curve, more curved hehe, its a bit straight and stiff now,..
    in the raised arm, dont forget to add the coracobrachialis and brachialis i think their called into the upper arm, as they are quite visible when the arm's raised that much...alos stretch the pecs more the pecs and the lats attach at the same level on the humerus, so yeah think about the when the arms raised...they both stretch up
    i think the forearm is too long as well

hope that helps,
    the head looks really cool, well done with that i think its great
    the no ref fully clothed dude in the latest pose is really good as well!

Thanks
    yea id like to see that version fleshed out gimme!
    ZCAI

"The greatest tragedy is when theory far exceeds performance." Leonardo Da Vinci

Thanks
    you're a crazy fool with the goatdemongitaur, your anatomy is looking solid as ever and you had a great 3ch entry so keep it coming

Thanks
    i love them baggytrousers on that dude there nice stuff!

Thanks
    Hey guys, i'm suddenly in some sort of ill-health mode. I have a cold, i strained my drawing wrist and my left leg from ten-pin bowling (of all things), and have ye olde feminine pains. Maybe God is punishing me for drawing satanic goat-men, I dunno Which I am working slowly on, by the way. No rest for the wicked.

ArcoNL: I'll be there like Shareware. Seeya round.
    rodrigo: I took your advice (thanks, really in depth, is what i needed) and am working on some revised versions, i'll have them up later. slow going for now, heh. funnily enough the clothed dude drawing was the only one done with a reference, amazing what difference a photoref makes eh? hehehe.
    thegreypencil: keep your eyes peeled...
    invincible: thanks mate, though i think i'll have to try a lot harder on the next 3CH. I'm learning though, i guess.
    apocalypse: heh. too many boys wear skintight jeans these days. whatever happened to clothing folds? lol.

Okay, token picture post of the day x2. Some more Hogarth feet and two random ugly dog things:
    Fin - 1 APR 11 - x1

3CH#3! The horse looks like a bowl of crud, but I think I am getting a bit better with clouds. Need to work on composition though.
    Fin - 1 APR 11 - x1
    Finn | my sketchbook thread | tumblr | Bēhance | gorillaartfare | whiskey, gin, and pints of beer

Thanks
    Angry Metal Goat Demon returns! I posted this in the Sketches & WIP section, but some of you guys prefer looking here so here it is as well I really need assistance with those arms, eeeeew. All the anatomists can rip into me...
    Fin - 1 APR 11 - x1

Think he's looking a bit more sinister?

Thanks
    the right shoulders being pulled up and pushed forward a lil much i think makes its look awkward, like his collarbones really short hmmm.
    ZCAI

Thanks
    What I sometimes do in situations like these is change something in the posture so that yoy don't longer have the problem. Like twisting his hand a bit more. This will raise the body of the guitar (BC Rich?) some more and one of the points will overlap the shoulder. As an added bonus the two points on the lower half will come more towards the viewer (nice and aggressive). Just a thought!

Cheers,
    Arco
    My CA sketchbook

My comfy Sofa

Thanks
    he's looking much more sinister, on the forshortening on the left arm it looks almost like it's getting smaller or staying the same as it comes toward the viewer, you may want to use a little accelerated perspective to emphasize that it's foreshortened

Thanks
    Thanks for the advice guys. I worked on it a bit more and eventually figured it was as good as it was going to get, so I scanned it high and got started with the colours. Here's where I'm at right now (I just had to listen to Opeth and Unearth to really get into the mood, heh heh heh):
    Fin - 1 APR 11 - x1

I'm having trouble differentiating the skin from the random hairy bits. Using Photoshop to do this, by the way.
    Will have some sketch, non-demonic studies up soon

Page 7 of 38 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.