Page 10 of 33 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    nice solid studies, the sp in ink is looking good too, maybe watch the stroke economy in your paintings, the get a little busy looking

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    50 animal gestures for the Gesture Thunderdome #3. I made it, no Losatar for me Stock photo refs. I need to start using a darker pencil and stop being so...blocky?
    Fin - 1 APR 11 - x1

Fin - 1 APR 11 - x1

Fin - 1 APR 11 - x1

Fin - 1 APR 11 - x1

Fin - 1 APR 11 - x1

Fin - 1 APR 11 - x1

Fin - 1 APR 11 - x1

Fin - 1 APR 11 - x1

Fin - 1 APR 11 - x1

I have been doing other stuff, just busy with final uni projects. Comin soon.
    Finn | my sketchbook thread | tumblr | Bēhance | gorillaartfare | whiskey, gin, and pints of beer

Thanks
    cool stuff. blocky isnt that bad, the outlines can be less curved than wee think and sometimes exaggerate that curve too much. usually a little softening of the corners is enough.
    cheers

Thanks
    You really know how to draw those wolfes. Superb stuff here. I must say i refer blocky drawing compared to too slick ones.
    | My Sketchbook |
    |Simplified - My Web Portfolio |

The foot-picture was concived at 3 A.M. during a creative spree...

SSG#15
    InvincibleWombat-Mort-Dead Road 7-Apocalypse_Rex -Njord-E55-Iolarnula

Thanks
    nice studies, i don't think theres anyhting wrong with the "blockiness" it shows you have a good understanding of the volume of the objects you're drawing and i think its a positive part of the style you've devolpoed.

Thanks
    rodrigo, Njord, invincible, thanks guys. I guess I was just used to seeing all these swooshy flowy gesture studies and I felt a bit lame in comparison. Heh.

And what's this eh? Another update in less than a week?! Initial lighting study for an assignment, I used myself as a ref. Don't worry, I am gonna draw the nipples in, I just got lazy. Any crits are more than welcome, I want to get this looking good:
    Fin - 1 APR 11 - x1

I'll have the wormy-things faded into the BG more as I go along cos the figure is the focal point, but yeah, any suggestions/burnings are more than welcome
    Finn | my sketchbook thread | tumblr | Bēhance | gorillaartfare | whiskey, gin, and pints of beer

Thanks

Looking good

Hi, Excellent start to the piece, just a little concerned at this stage the light source doesnt seem consistent. If it has a global light source then the lighting currently on the figure would work the best. Will keep checking in on this..

Thanks
    First thing, It's hard to see whats going on. Everything is nicely rendered, but what is the narrative? What is that worm thing doing there? Why is there a feather? The overall nice though, it's just missing some highlights.
    You should just take a look at the light source at some places. I presume this is from a picture of youself (which i wouldn't mind seeing - no offence though ^^). Even though there seems to be a lightning problem on the right arm. There is also a slight problem in the abs, some of the muscles seem to be a bit off.

It looks like a really promising piece now.
    | My Sketchbook |

SSG#15

Thanks
    Cheers dudes. I'll start working on the digipaint soon, once I read through all the crits and get to fixing it. Njord, the way it's planned out, there's going to be more creepy-critters lurking in the background, but the main focus'll be the girl and the floaty-glowy-thing (haven't figured out what it's gunna be yet, heh). I will work up the lightsource study from the photoref more, at the moment it looks a bit rough and askew, hopefully that will give it more punch for me to continue on from?
    For now though, here's some more studies and some pencil-spume

Hogarth!
    Fin - 1 APR 11 - x1

Loomis!
    Fin - 1 APR 11 - x1

Certainly not either of the above!
    Fin - 1 APR 11 - x1

Thanks
    great structure in these. and the animals all look really alive, which is sort of the best thing you can get.

nice stuff man.
    tensai

check the Tensai Tokyo Sketch Thread (Sketchbook)

check the Tensai Cityscapes Thread (Finally Finished)

Quote Originally Posted by strych9ine
    Fuck backgrounds, who needs em.

Thanks
    Wow, I really love your studies and I'm still laughing after scrolling around your page from the "backhander" I love werewolves. Great work on all of the anatomy It's great.

After looking through your first page, I notice you too have improved.

Love the wolves.

Thanks
    studies are looking good as always, the greyscale piece is looking nice as well although i'm not to sure what's going on in the picture narritive wise, it could do with a bit more contrast as well.

Thanks
    tensai, hey man, thanks for stopping by!
    koh yeah I got a bit of a soft spot for werewolves too, they're just too damn fun to draw eh?
    invincible: thanks! I stuck an update up to show a bit more of the story, i think.

Here we go, trying to keep it regular now!
    First up, some progress on that assignment. I have it in the WIP forum too with earlier versions and revisions.
    She looks utterly STONED with that eye. A few people have suggested changing the eye to be more like it was in the sketch, so I'm working on that. Also, a friend told me to remove the highlight on her left side of the ribs near the breast (viewer's right), what do you guys think? Gonna flesh out and fade away the monsters more too.
    Fin - 1 APR 11 - x1

More Loomis/old medical anatomy textbook studies.
    Fin - 1 APR 11 - x1

And again. This killed me, but I'm learning.
    Fin - 1 APR 11 - x1

When I get really pissed off for no real reason, I find my blunt 3B and 6B pencils and just let the graphite do the talking...not caring about refs and all, just angry dark jerky lines and shit. Hmm.
    Fin - 1 APR 11 - x1

Seeya soon, back to work for me...

Thanks
    That loomis page is a killer, must have taken an awful amount of time.
    Two things i want to mention on the digi paint. The right breast has a highlight which looks wrong. Also a little fading of the light would be nice. Have the most contrast in the hand and face and gradually fade it down the figure.
    | My Sketchbook |

SSG#15

Thanks
    very nice studies and a lot of motion and action in the last one there, i like it. it looks like photobucket killed your first image there though.

Page 10 of 33 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.