Sketchbook: Rah's Sketch Book
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Rah's Sketch Book

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Rah's Sketch Book

Ok, here is my "sketchbook". There's not really a lot yet, especailly of life drawings because I live in a small town and we can't get any models. I would appreciate any tips and advice on anything. Thanks

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Thumbs up

Hi Rah nice work so far, you need to brush up on the anatomy and how you construct shapes since all drawn objects and things can be broken down into some primary form and studied. Not having models shouldn't be a big problem since you can draw inspirtation form nature and you could try sketching form magazines and other print media in the mean time. But overall a good start

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thx very much for the comment, I'll work at drawing from photos, imagination, and other things in real life.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    nice gestures

and heres the advice : when observe a body - seperate it into easy geometrie -> head = cube
    ripcage -> cube
    arms -> 2 cylinders - 1 low 1 up
    legs -> like arms
    between arms -> ripcage and legs -> hip are particular connections they are important because these save ur 3Dness u can check these with ur anatomy books but keep the main body simplified.. this is much easier to understand the orientation *when u move ur arm the orientation from ur arm inside 3D space changes but main muscle orientation at ur arm stays same - its still the arm if u move it or not - depending on the orientation u have diffent shapes - rotate a cube and u see what u mean - or rotate ur hand - one shape for each degree -> full 3d turn is 360 degree..
    3 axis = 360^360^360 = *see my signature*

my schedule is -> simplifie -> orientation -> proportions -> details
    i can learn lotsa anatomy but when i dont know how to ORIENT this in 3D space i never become able to draw "good"
    same when u draw cubes rotate them and change size proportions orientation + adding few vanishing points
    back to bodys : check ur first image - 3 gestures they look good but the arms - legs are not good connected with the rest - looks like the gesture looses it legs like a doll
    this what i ment - observe these connections and pay attention to these connections when u draw them.. the rest still can be simplified - leg = cylinder - schoulder = sphere - arms = cylinders - the importance of this exercise here is just to keep proportions realistic * or whatever - cool stuff is * to be sure the orientations of each body part is GOOD or almost "perfect" - keep the connection simple too.. dont mess around with 2 much muscle details
    u can start with this easily : start drawing simple cubes and cylinders and rotate them a few degrees - this shows u how perspective rotation and foreshortening works

hope this enough for now
    more questions ? pm me or post them here

check my sketchbook and see how i draw*studie

keep up !

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    A not very successful attempt at a foot.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Draw more and post more!!

Think of the mass when you draw either objects of figures, think of them as transparent, and try to find the overlapping lines...

you'll takcle it, there is no secret of getting better at drawing, just keep practising. absorbs the knowledge and try to apply it to your drawings....

hope my comments will keep you draw and draw and draw...

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.