Beautiful Abyss
    please click the thumbnail

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Beautiful Abyss
    i think your colors are neat but this piece is definitely lacking structure and composition.
    and you could work some more on your anatomy.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hey, im not sure what your going for with this, but the colors like said are interesting but this is lacking good composition and its pretty flat and lacks true understanding of form, you should look at some reference for the figure and the shark for a piece like this cause its difficult to do it from imagination, even pros use reference when tackling new pieces so just keep it in mind and keep playing with different colors, also look at references to get different color pallettes down from nature.

Nathan Campbells 3 steps to drawing like a pro, 1. Sketch 2. shade. 3. highlights and ur done

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by gasmask
    hey, im not sure what your going for with this, but the colors like said are interesting but this is lacking good composition and its pretty flat and lacks true understanding of form, you should look at some reference for the figure and the shark for a piece like this cause its difficult to do it from imagination, even pros use reference when tackling new pieces so just keep it in mind and keep playing with different colors, also look at references to get different color pallettes down from nature.
    cool, good to know it needs work, but before you prattle on about how i should use refference know that i did use ref for the pose, exact pose, and ref for the head of the shark. i admit the colours are not as life-like as most people wish, but i have sort of a rainbow brite like style to what i do, it's what i do ^^
    i rather love the colours i use.
    but thank you. don't think i'm just pushing your crit aside. you said one thing which didn't really stand up, but the reason you said it stil echoes in my head, i know what you are saying....

oh, and just so i know, cause i don't. how could i have made a better composition?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakanekonei
    oh, and just so i know, cause i don't. how could i have made a better composition?
    when you are starting a picture you want to spend a lot of time on, ask yourself BEFORE starting:
    how do i want the final picture to look like?
    where do i place my characters?
    which colors should i use?

and such things.

you put pretty much detail in many parts of this. but try to concentrate your details on the part of the picture you want to draw the viewer's immediate attention to.

you can do that by contrast changes, too.

reason why i dont like the picture as a whole is because of the colors and the lack of structured composition. the colors are really distracting the eye from what's going on and you really cant tell by first view what's going on in the image.

hope i could help a bit.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    you helped tons ^^ thank you

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.