Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Final Fate

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Final Fate

Hey all - I do warn in advance, this is not a photo that I have just stuck wings on, it's an actual painting.

Here we go : Final Fate

If deviantART turns cheeky and cuts off the link, then here is the main link.

http://www.deviantart.com/view/16160080/

When I get home from work I shall put the picture up on my server.

Tell me what you think,

Thanks.

Side note: This is my friend Bogac, he does have a photo of him in that position, but I didn't use anything like the photo in the behind, I drew by eye.

Last edited by Splatt; March 17th, 2005 at 11:40 AM.

Ahehaehahe my random sketchbook - Splatt's Sketchbook

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The wings looks incredibly rushed compared to the rest of the man.. why is he all bloody anyways? I think a full body shot of this pic would be nice.

* Help a CA artist! Visit the Constructive Critique section! *

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I wasn't able to do the whole pic, because my friend did not provide that much of a pic for me, so I only painted until his picture ended.

His face is all bloody because he's fallen from heaven onto the cold ground.

and the wings are rushed because...er...I really can't do wings I might try and make them better sometime when I know how to - but for now I shall keep it like that - and they're messy compared to the man because I am much more experienced with drawing people and I'm quite anal retentive about making people look just right.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Ooooh, I see.
    it's not a bad pic by any means? might I suggest adding some blood and or grains and sand or rock on the ground to let you know it's cement?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I should really write a story in my descriptions

Basically, this angel has dropped, because he was kicked out of heaven, and someone has actually tied him to the wall, because they're not used to seeing fallen angels eh? (that's why his wings are black)

Maybe I add some bits of like...sand...or graven on his cheeks? ...or no?

Good idea though

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Yes! or a bruise or something!
    Hah.. I don't know why I'm even trying to give you advice, I can't paint for anything.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    /me covers face in bruises.

....ahhhahaha

Yeah, but the advice was reasonable and good

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi Splatt or Splatty and welcome to the boards....the first lesson of the day: the difference between painting over and drawing with your eyes. I've checked your stuff at deviantart and as good as they look, they look too good to be true. You can't seriously call yourself an artist if your only doing paintovers, and vouch for it as your own. I had match your reference picture to yours and they both match equally, i even turn down the opacity setting to see any errors, cause even top artist makes at least one error somewhere. You need to stop lying and start telling folks the truth. The worst possible lie is to say that you used 200 up to 700 layers in photoshop, for greyscale???? Your not going to trick us like you did in Devianart, those guys are punks and they are nothing but ass kissers. We tell it is like it is down here, and we hate art rippers, thanks for taking Gordan Freeman and ripping it as your own, cause now we have a reason to vent. If you want us to take you seriously, you better stop lying and stealing. Don't be crying just cause we found you out, and doing a speed painting of one of our members here and claiming it as your own was the worst thing you can do. Don't make me sign up for Deviantart and tell all your loyal fans of how much a hoax you are, so they can stop jocking up on you, with that said, welcome to the boards, I hope you enjoy your stay, and please come again.

"If you only heard one side of the story, then you must be deaf in the other ear." - Sok N. Wett

Sok's Sketchbook Thread Last Updated November 25

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Sok N. Wett For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    have a drink, on me, Sok!

<< applause >>

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The first indicator here is that it's a deviant art link. Deviant art links should be banned from all other art forums.

Second, I always refer to the old saw my folks used to drill into me before I left home. To wit- "If it looks to good to be true, then it is."

Other than that, I got nuthin'.

Grave Sight Graphics: The Art of Eric Lofgren.
    elofgren@ telus.net (to use e-mail address please remove space between the '@' and 'telus')

My Art Blog
    My Online Portfolio (Updated Jan. 30/ 2011)
    ~NiNjA~^~mOuNtAiN~^~PoDcAsT~(Working illustrators talking illustration)
    Eric Lofgren's licensible rpg art resource
    Art Director for New Gods of Raanon

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Sok N. Wett
    Hi Splatt or Splatty and welcome to the boards....the first lesson of the day: the difference between painting over and drawing with your eyes. I've checked your stuff at deviantart and as good as they look, they look too good to be true. You can't seriously call yourself an artist if your only doing paintovers, and vouch for it as your own. I had match your reference picture to yours and they both match equally, i even turn down the opacity setting to see any errors, cause even top artist makes at least one error somewhere. You need to stop lying and start telling folks the truth. The worst possible lie is to say that you used 200 up to 700 layers in photoshop, for greyscale???? Your not going to trick us like you did in Devianart, those guys are punks and they are nothing but ass kissers. We tell it is like it is down here, and we hate art rippers, thanks for taking Gordan Freeman and ripping it as your own, cause now we have a reason to vent. If you want us to take you seriously, you better stop lying and stealing. Don't be crying just cause we found you out, and doing a speed painting of one of our members here and claiming it as your own was the worst thing you can do. Don't make me sign up for Deviantart and tell all your loyal fans of how much a hoax you are, so they can stop jocking up on you, with that said, welcome to the boards, I hope you enjoy your stay, and please come again.

BRAVO!

(sketchbook)

(finished work)

Homo homini lupus est

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Sok N. Wett
    welcome to the boards, I hope you enjoy your stay, and please come again.
    And we mean that. You obviously have a little bit of talent (or at least patience), you just need to learn to use it for the forces of good.

I'm going to wait to hear your side until passing any kind of judgement, but these are highly suspiscious.

700 layers?! What were you thinking? Is that even possible?!

0kelvin

Last edited by 0kelvin; March 22nd, 2005 at 05:32 PM.
    www.WhereIsMyEyeball.com My portfolio! Go check it out!
    Sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

CHeAt!!@!

this is such a bad rip off its funny, if you could paint this good then why ruin it with your crappy wings ! i could do those wings with my eyes closed ! we aint fooled mofo!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    dyam crustypants! you beat me to it!

I was just about to say what you said...aah, you saved me

Mx

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I found this thread for people to bash!!!
    ya hu i rule!!! ass kiss me!

YOU SUCK SPLATT!! damn ya pretty hot tho... meh..

SUCK!!!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    get off this forum, your hurting the name of art!
    you disappoint me, i am totally disappointed in you...your not an artist.

Do you know the muffinman?

Originally Posted by creatix
    Once you understand what the word "stupid" means - age is no longer a valid excuse for being that way.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    testify, brothers and sisters!!

this hack won't last a week on this site.

HACKS, BEGONE!

Hey dog. . . . did you see the size of that chicken?!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    now now, at least give her a chance to retort...

...so what if i'm bored, and ordinary?...

currently playing: Super Mario 64 DS, ICO (grrrr....)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The problem with ripping someone's work as your own, or doing a paint over and claiming it is an original painting and then posting said works in a professional forums is that it is *very* much akin to slitting your wrists and then jumping into a seething pool of starving pirahna and great white sharks.

In the end, neither situation is pretty.

Character of the Week :: A weekly character exploration activity.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    SOK!!!
    Damn you crack me up....

Okay, so if you wish to call this work a 7 or 700 layer cake job, then so be it. I'd love to see you put as much detail into the wings as the rest of the body, or did you need a pic of bird's wings to paint over, and perhaps Dr. Spock's or an elf from LOTR for the pointee ear aspect. What I'm getting at is that all of your detail work drops off the face of the planet as soon as it becomes conceptual. Whatever you do will either transcend you to the next level as an artist or take a bit ole chunk outta yer ass. Pony up.

Cheers,
    D

There is no "I" in team, but there is an "I" in pie. And there's an "i" in meat pie. Meat is the anagram of team...~Shaun "Shaun of the Dead"
    http://www.cognitionstudio.com

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I think ignorance is the main factor here.

We at conceptart.org are much more keen to notice fraudulent artworks. At deviant art the place is too much in mass and photo paintovers get eaten up as a lot of the members are just as ignorant as those who would paint over a photo and call it art.

I think the main thing is you need to realize that paintover is not considered artwork, it is more like a reproduction purpose. I know you state that you used a photo for reference, such as in the Half Life 2 work, but you CLEARLY traced the half life 2 image, any novice artist with an eye will realize it !!

I dont know, are you lying to us or more importantly ask, are you lying to yourself?? Because we know the truth.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by MIKECORRIERO
    Enjoy your stay..and please don't lie about paint overs.
    Pretty much sums up everything.

Note. The wings and the fella don't match up in terms of style. Usually artists are consistent and favour a particular style that they stick with (for most of their artwork if not all, unless clients specify the need to change). Inconsistency isn't a sin....but when the inconsistencies differ so much in terms of quality, suspicions arise.

There are 3 sides to every story. Yours, mine and THE TRUTH.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    She seems to have taken the cowardly way out and isn't going to respond or defend the indefensible.

Some people just like getting praise and will not scruple to work for it; crispy nuggets of praise (with chipotle bbq dipping sauce) are worth shackling and raping their own integrity with a flaming porcupine, the selling of one's soul for just another pat on the ego's butt. Nice work, Milli Vanilli.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Or it could be the fact that I didn't read this until I got back from work?

Goddamn is all I have to say.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Yeah, that might have been a little hot, but I was trying to get some kind of response.

"Goddamn" is certainly a response. I'm not sure if you've seen the thread all about you in the lounge, discussing Deviant Art's support for people who post work not entirely their own. It's long and very caustic. The drastic difference in quality in the same picture and your insistance that they are not paint-overs is working against your credibility.

Good luck (and not in a sarcastic way).

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Yes yes yes....I saw.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    maybe you could post some screen shots of the image in photoshop (or whatever program you're using) showing the various layers etc.
    if you're legit, it shouldn't be hard to prove.

...so what if i'm bored, and ordinary?...

currently playing: Super Mario 64 DS, ICO (grrrr....)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Final Fate
    Final Fate
    Final Fate

this thread is just too funnnnny!!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    omg i just saw this on deviantart

"I am fucking SICK and tired of everyone trying to fuck me up everytime I try to do well.

I do paintings, I get blamed for fucking painting over. IT'S NOT MY FUCKING FAULT THAT I PAY ATTENTION TO FUCKING DETAIL AND YOUR MORONIC BRAIN CAN'T FUCKING ACCEPT THAT.

Why don't you learn not to pick on a fucking kid, ok? Or does your life and fun revolve around harrassing me? Is it the ONLY source of your fucking sick fun?!

I cannot take this harrassment any longer. I am not going to get kicked around by assholes who cannot accept the fact that someone tries hard to do well, and wants to get some fucking credit for it.

I'm so fucking sorry! Really! I am! Go screw yourselves you worthless pieces of shit.

I'm out. Permanently.

And no the people who I am specifically mad at, who has harrassed me is not allowed to put an entry into this journal, so fuck off and die

I can't afford to 0wn, can I r3nt?"

OMFGROFLMAO!!!!!!!!111
    he (or she?) is teh suxx0rz!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I was really hoping for an explanation, instead she pretty much closed her deviantart account down. Splatt I've also read the comment about your so called explanation where you said:

I am fucking SICK and tired of everyone trying to fuck me up everytime I try to do well.

I do paintings, I get blamed for fucking painting over. IT'S NOT MY FUCKING FAULT THAT I PAY ATTENTION TO FUCKING DETAIL AND YOUR MORONIC BRAIN CAN'T FUCKING ACCEPT THAT.

Why don't you learn not to pick on a fucking kid, ok? Or does your life and fun revolve around harrassing me? Is it the ONLY source of your fucking sick fun?!

I cannot take this harrassment any longer. I am not going to get kicked around by assholes who cannot accept the fact that someone tries hard to do well, and wants to get some fucking credit for it.

I'm so fucking sorry! Really! I am! Go screw yourselves you worthless pieces of shit.

I'm out. Permanently.

And no the people who I am specifically mad at, who has harrassed me is not allowed to put an entry into this journal, so fuck off and die
    If your going to be a serious artist, you can't go around doing paint overs, and yes they are paint overs, it's because your DEVIANT ASS PANTING BRAIN can't accept that. How about doing some pencil work, if you can do it digitally, then you should be able to put HIGH details on paper. I think don't you are sorry for what you did, you have more evidences against your case then you do have proof. And God damn is not a response. We have kids as young as probably 13 to 14 here who knows the difference between a painting and a paint over. We aren't here to mess with people, we are a community that are tight knit, unlike, Deviantart where we help each other to learn and get critiques and comments to IMPROVE. You took a peice done by one of our regulars here, name the great Dougbot, and then you did a speed painting of it, not even giving credit to him, and then claim it as your own. You must have felt great when you receive all those comments, disregarding that you took someone else's peice. Now tell me the reasoning for that.....you got nothing. You must really don't have an answer for us, so you resort to swearing and shutting down your Devianart account so other people won't see the comments. I'm not really made at you, if anything we here can help you IMPROVE. Seriously, if you are willing to spend 50 hours on a paint over that you so said, then you must be willing to do some actual drawings. If it's anything, I did like those smilie icon guys. So please come back

"If you only heard one side of the story, then you must be deaf in the other ear." - Sok N. Wett

Sok's Sketchbook Thread Last Updated November 25

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 33