Art: injection's photos 10/18

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: injection's photos 10/18

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

injection's photos 10/18

Last edited by Lauren Short; October 18th, 2005 at 10:58 PM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hmm edit... turns out i didn't do everything right, i was spot on with timing and amounts of solutions except the developing solution..like an idiot i didn't dilute it with water and only put in one ounce...don't ask me how i made such a mistake i'm just retarded haha

well live and learn i guess, onto my next roll of film...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    are you using a 35mm SLR camera with a light meter, if the needle is in the middle it's a good picture, but careful on how you set the f/stop. setting it to 1000 will absolutley stop the action. and i see how you developed the pic, i see traces of wrinkles...

Do you know the muffinman?

Originally Posted by creatix
    Once you understand what the word "stupid" means - age is no longer a valid excuse for being that way.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    yea i have a built in light meter, i set it to auto to find a good setting then set it to that setting, f stop at 1.7, i think the shutter was at 1/15 or 1/30

mainly a lot of odd parts are due to the chemicals not being used properly..my mistake, more to come soon

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by injection223
    yea i have a built in light meter, i set it to auto to find a good setting then set it to that setting, f stop at 1.7, i think the shutter was at 1/15 or 1/30

mainly a lot of odd parts are due to the chemicals not being used properly..my mistake, more to come soon

they chemicals are so easy to use, it's all about timing.

Do you know the muffinman?

Originally Posted by creatix
    Once you understand what the word "stupid" means - age is no longer a valid excuse for being that way.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    so yea, here's my second print, the assignment was to find representation of shapes around us, i'm thinking i still need to burn the lower section a tiny bit and possibly sections of the sky or those light poles, otherwise i thought it was a pretty good composition but that's not entirely up to me

as always c&c welcome

Last edited by Lauren Short; October 18th, 2005 at 10:51 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The composition is definitely there, the VW pic is very interesting, and has great perspective. Great angle aswell..... I love darkroom work, and can't wait to be in a place where I can set up my enlarger...there's so much you can do!
    Just thought I'd ring in since you took the time to check my stuff out
    Keep us posted
    James

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Dude, I miss the darkroom. These bring back some good memories from my high school photography class. Oh, and traditional film and darkroom is the truest form of the art of photography. I'm glad to know that there's still a few people doing it. lol

The Soundtrack to the Revolution

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    thanks for the comments guys, you both have some awesome work that i have gotten some inspiration from

yea, there are quite a few people out here in socal that do their own darkroom stuff, at my college we have a pretty large photography portion of the visual arts department. yea b&w is a lot of fun so far, i still need to pick up the subtle movements of burning and dodging but otherwise it's going pretty smoothly, i really can't wait until color photo stuff. i'd also like to dable in the realm of digital slr's, they seem like a lot of fun

well long post on my part, thanks again for your kind words

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    finished the overall composition and contrast of this one, pretty happy with it (more shapes stuff)

this one is a bit out of focus(the car), i was rushing and forgot to use a grain focuser...o well i'll get to it next week

anyways as is you guys get the feel of it, i'll post the in-focus version so you can see the difference

also i noticed the dark spec on it, damn eraser dust, i'd rescan but i figure no point at this point in time b/c i'll scan in the in-fcous version later

as always c&c very welcome

enjoy

Last edited by Lauren Short; October 18th, 2005 at 10:52 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

a bit of an update

so i tried to resist scanning in my images and doing the darkroom work w/ PS but i can resist no more

here are a few i liked out of a few rolls of film

well that does it for now

i'll keep you all posted when more gets done, as for now i'm a little tired of scanning neg's haha

later all

Last edited by Lauren Short; October 18th, 2005 at 10:53 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    edited

Last edited by Lauren Short; October 18th, 2005 at 10:54 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I really love your eye for scenes. When I look at your photos it seems as though you should be filming rather then taking pictures. Have you ever tried filmmaking? I think you've got the eye for it.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    wow! that's like hot sex on a tree!!! go lauren!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    cool to see your use of traditional photography! I look forward to watching the progression of your thread too! My faves so far are the pieces of fabric hanging with light behind them, the night shot of the tower and stars, the soundboard/mixer closeup, and that last quote by Angela.. awesome!

-vanessa lemen-

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

^____^

for a beginner these are really good. You defiently have what it's got to be a B/W photographer

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    new pics at the bottom

Last edited by Lauren Short; October 18th, 2005 at 10:55 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Cool stuff man, post more

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Very nice! Its cool how textures show so much in B/W photos. Now I wanna try B/W because of you.
    Keep shooting!

/Daniel

Sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    new pics at the bottom

Last edited by Lauren Short; October 18th, 2005 at 10:54 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Thumbs up

I really love the concept behind "it came from the bathroom" i'd almost rather have a black and white feel though, it seems to look better that way, and besides you seem to be really into B&W and you should work with that, it speaks of your style...

i think the best photo here is the first one though. The car seems to be coming out of itself from teh trunck, it's really great and like with most things i like initially, i don't know why.

some crit:

as far as teh night photos go, i think the lit figure could be really stunning and maybe it's just teh size of the photo, but I can barely make out what's going on, i think it could be a tad to dark... if that's redundant and ironic because they are night photos go ahead and laugh, i know i am.

i like your use of macro and different aperature, but don't get too carried away with it, make sure you know why you are using it instead of just using it because the frame is boring without it. A great use (but typical) is with the mixer, it makes sense to do it there because of the suggested motion of the slides and knobs, foreground to background etc. it gives it depth, but in the case of the tiny sprout/bark in front of the waterfall/brook it doesn't do justice to the scene, nor the sprout.

your VW image is probably the best composition wise, it's obvious you put a lot of time and film into that shot to get it perfect, and i commend you for doing justice to the subject matter.

i think the cross-handed sweatshirt person night photo dealio is really neat, and probably your luckiest capture (often times it takes a lot of luck and persistence to get a memorable and worthwhile picture) but again it's a bit dark, and while i do agree with you on the grain, i would really like to be able to hone in on her facial expression, because i know i've been there huddled in the cold wind head down and thinking about getting by the fire...

with your latest set, i don't think you're being as critical as you were earlier in your posts, photography (especially digital in my case) is about being super critical and only keeping your best work. I took 60 some pictures yesterday at a state park, and only thought 4 were anything near decent enough to consider printing/posting.

but i know you do a lot of crits around this place, and i appreciate all your comments and don't know why i havn't seen your thread before, so i thought i'd try and do the whole boyscout thing

great stuff overall though enjecktshun. lovin' it

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    wow thanks man

yea this last batch was more of a ressurection post haha, the only one i like out of the bunch is the rose

i made a nice mental note of the macro crit, you're totally right that the sprout shot does not do justice to the sprout and after all it is the subject metter so it should be the emphasis, not get buried in the rest of the action. i'm thinking that shot would've been better if it were taken in more of a style like my tower shot, kind of to show some personality withing the sprout like "hey i'm a big guy too!" i'll note that and keep it in mind for when i go back

as for the night shot, i kinda goofed on that one, i really wanted his face to be crisp and focsed but i must've bumped the camera a little and i think he moved a bit since it was a 4 minute shot. the whole thing about them being too dark i definitely agree with, i should go back and mess with them a little, i think the contrast is good, but i think i overdid and didn't do enough of the burning and dodging

thanks again for the crits i'll have some more to post up soon, gotta develop my portraits this week

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I like your stuff. uberinteresting stuff
    glad I ran into this thread

Freedom is awesome.
    www.croovman.deviantart.com/gallery

On-going project - RATS!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    thanks for the kind words croovman

well a little info update, portraits came out rather dull and boring, i didn't set up the lights properly

so i guess in time i'll have some kind of interaction with people and film, someday haha

i'll get some more on here asap

til then have a good one

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    that's too bad, oh well such is the plight of photographers, i suppose our toil is more in crossing fingers than fleshing out painstaking details. but i'm looking forward to them...

that B&W shot of the laid out portraits keeps me coming back, i really love it for some reason, the position of the shots and how they seem raw and well more real... i think it's much more successful than simply lining them up like you do in the color shot below the B&W one. just a thought whilst passing by.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I also really like the b&w 'bathroom' series. Really great. I could really see this becoming a cool theme to continue with. Not necessarily the bathroom theme although that is a good one, but the sequential candid theme in other scenarios. Very cool. And just really great to see your experimentation and enthusiasm. Keep posting more!

-vanessa lemen-

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    A really interesting thread with an amazing mix of subject matter. I also think that BW is where your future lies, and yes if you carry on being so readily -prepared to experiment and being so self-critical. I would say you certainly do have a future in photography.

I'm a happy chappie.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

a way overdue update of sorts

injection's photos 10/18

experimental pic in an alley way, taken @ around midnight or so

injection's photos 10/18

injection's photos 10/18

injection's photos 10/18

injection's photos 10/18

injection's photos 10/18

these are a couple months old, i'll be sure to scan and post a couple more, but i will definitely get out and take some new shots soon

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.