Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Fascism

Thanks
    Thanked 1,221 Times in 134 Posts

Fascism

in the spirit of critique week I think us yanks could spare a moment to examine our character as a nation,

http://www.ericblumrich.com/14.html

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,063 Times in 830 Posts
    quite...disturbing....but apparently true.
    (yeah,i know it's easy for me to say as an european)
    Sketchbook

Sketchbooks of inspiration:
    Marc Taro|Maxetormer|ZhuZhu|Jeri|Dobu]

Always think about:
    lighting! design! perspective! proportion!
    And (self)motivation is still everything.

Thanks
    great link.

america is scary.
    ...so what if i'm bored, and ordinary?...

currently playing: Super Mario 64 DS, ICO (grrrr....)

Thanks
    obviously liberals made that clip. people just dont seem to understand that this country was founded on religion and its necissary to uphold morality, alot of those points the video made isnt even an insult, alot of things happening right now are necissary.
    Nathan Campbells 3 steps to drawing like a pro, 1. Sketch 2. shade. 3. highlights and ur done

Thanks
    err... ima let somebody else go after gasmask.
    "Do the best that you wanna do." -My personal quote.

http://www.conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=35829

Sketchbook Thread. Look at it, rate it, post and crit on it.

Thanks
    Hm, well obviously we're a fasict nation.

I mean, I can't get my own job.
    Voice my own opinion, take note to the person who made this and the professor who came up with the points.
    I can't choose where I want to go in life.
    I can't live where I want.
    Wait...wait a second. Yes I can.
    You can twist and turn anything to make it how you want, but when it comes down to it, you're only being spoiled.

Yeah there's a lot of shit happening, that shouldn't be, a lot of wrong doing. But what's really changed in the last fifty years?

Oh, and a false election? You have to be kidding me? How ignorant can you be? It's one thing to be dissapointed that Kerry didn't get voted, the only difference between Kerry and Bush is Kerry appears more intelligent-he would of been following the same course of action as Bush. But when you get to the point where you corrupt information to fit your own desirable outlook, then yeah it's going to appear as you want it to.

Take it as you want, but over all it was just a stupid flash animation by an ignorant person based on another ignorant person's views.

Thanks

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by gasmask
    ... this country was founded on religion and its necissary to uphold morality...
    I hope you're not implying that anyone who is not a religious person is immoral, there? That would be a rather silly and sweeping statement

However, if internet forums aren't the place for silly and sweeping generalisations, where is?

A fun watch, Mr. Jones... definitely to be taken with a pinch (or entire box) of salt, though. I have to agree that a lot of what the US has done has very serious ramifications on global politics and economy, and often it seems for the "wrong" reasons.
    However I also agree with HugeHarHar.

All you happy pro-US folk might wanna check out this BBC news link - http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programme...ht/4351863.stm

That's what the US Government cares about the economy. Friendly bunch, aren't they? Perhaps they should learn that what is best for America isn't always best for the world. There's such a thing as compromise.

MoP

Thanks
    It is obviously somewhat slanted, but I think it makes a good point. Sexism in all governments has been a factor for a long time, though I think having a woman as secretary of state would really discount it as being "rampant" as he says.

Gasmask: Founded on religion? Seperation of church and state? How could the government be founded on religion if the guys who wrote the original constitution did their best to prevent the two from getting involved with one another? Too bad it hasn't worked.
    Art is long and time is fleeting

Sketchbook
    Website

Thanks
    our morals are based on religion which is in the contsititution, they didnt want to intertwine but they kept the principles for religious and non religious to get along in a good manor like by not killing people etc. etc
    Nathan Campbells 3 steps to drawing like a pro, 1. Sketch 2. shade. 3. highlights and ur done

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by gasmask
    people just dont seem to understand that this country was founded on religion and its necissary to uphold morality
    No, the country was found on Freedom of Religion.

Nonetheless, that was rather pointless. It just made a bunch of accusations and implications and didn't back a single one up.

Here's an interview with the author of the 14 Characteristics of Facism (who is neither a college professor or a doctor, as the flash movie would lead you to believe) that presents a much more fair and realistic view of things.

0kelvin
    www.WhereIsMyEyeball.com My portfolio! Go check it out!
    Sketchbook

Thanks
    Religion, in my opnion,and that of many socioligists, is that it is only a social institution that plays a critical role in connecting humans as a group. Thing is religions pass on from one religion to another. Soon, there won't be a religion as we think of it, rather science and commen ideals will replace it. Can't really base a country off of that can you?

My view of the US is that it won't be lasting much longer, and it took a turn for the worse with Bush.
    Crappy stuff by me!
    Please check it out and drop advice, tell me what I'm doing wrong, and suggest things to learn!!!
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...723#post428723

Thanks
    I watched it with my 1lb container of Morton's Iodized Salt.

Thanks
    Sieg heil Amerika.

Nothing new meh.
    DON'T CLICK THIS

Thanks
    Hah.. well, most of that isn't very accurate. Hard to make arguements for sexism when we're looking at rice vs clinton in 2008 (although, that makes you start to wish it WAS true). We're not very brutal and demeaning... abu gharab (sp) obviously wasn't something we celebrated. Our media is free, even if alot of the biggies might be right wing. So.. most of that is a stretch if anything. Except the intermingling of church and state, which is the US's achilles heal, IMO. It's the only thing that makes me uneasy.. and all that comes with it. Governments need to care about productivity, not good and evil

Thanks
    hmmm interesting flash video....but it definetly goes to the extreme and the creators meant it to do so. Whoever created that knows we aren't a facist nation but they are afraid of the direction that this country is going in and they want to spark debate. So let us begin..

Most of the Founders of this Great Nation (and i believe it still has greatness in it) were Deists...look it up. Deists belive that God doesn't interact with us or intefere with our lives as Christians would believe. God created everything set it in motion then left it the hell alone. Soooooo humans must govern themselves and decide through HUMAN INTERACTION what is morally right and wrong.

People, people stop believing everything they tell you at church, read just 1 book! Even the Bible!
    Last edited by Ssenkrah Semaj; March 15th, 2005 at 08:27 PM.

Thanks
    Gah... How would we not have money focused on the military during wartime?

Many of the "proofs" that this clip presents are merely pictures of a part of society shown while an aspect of Facism is read that outlines the presence of an excess said part of society. The "disregard for human rights" thing in which the soldiers involved were demoted and court-martialed, the 'excess of military spending" in which ships and tanks were shown. Wow, ships and tanks! That shows such over-spending in the military when we have ships and tanks! "Nationalism"? Come on, those were demonstrators. Liberals do exactly the same thing, only saying the opposite. "Protection of Big Business". Oh wow, big business exists in America. That's such a crime. "Scapegoats"? That just begs the question that the war was wrong. "Religion and government intertwine"... Bush is a Christian. So?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ssenkrah Semaj
    hmmm interesting flash video....but it definetly goes to the extreme and the creators meant it to do so. Whoever created that knows we aren't a facist nation but they are afraid the direction that this country is going in and they want to spark debate.

Most of the Founders of this Great Nation (and i believe it still has greatness in it) were Deists...look it up. Deists belive that God doesn't interact with us or intefere with our lives as Christians would believe. God created everything set it in motion then left it the hell alone. Soooooo humans must govern themselves and decide through HUMAN INTERACTION what is morally right and wrong.

STOP BELIEVING EVERYTHING THEY TELL YOU AT CHURCH READ JUST 1 BOOK FOR GOD'S SAKE, EVEN THE BIBLE!
    I second the motion, those who devised the constitution were from an Enlightenment background, thus deist and champions of reason rather than belief.
    DON'T CLICK THIS

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SJ Bennighof
    Gah... How would we not have money focused on the military during wartime?

Many of the "proofs" that this clip presents are merely pictures of a part of society shown while an aspect of Facism is read that outlines the presence of an excess said part of society. The "disregard for human rights" thing in which the soldiers involved were demoted and court-martialed, the 'excess of military spending" in which ships and tanks were shown. Wow, ships and tanks! That shows such over-spending in the military when we have ships and tanks! "Nationalism"? Come on, those were demonstrators. Liberals do exactly the same thing, only saying the opposite. "Protection of Big Business". Oh wow, big business exists in America. That's such a crime. "Scapegoats"? That just begs the question that the war was wrong. "Religion and government intertwine"... Bush is a Christian. So?
    You know bro I do believe I have seen party propaganda taken to the extreme like this before on several occasions......but I could have sworn all of those instances were from the conservative republican party.....?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinix
    when we're looking at rice vs clinton in 2008
    I as a conservative fear the day when this happens, because it doesn't take a genius to know that Con D couldn't beat the Hilster.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ssenkrah Semaj
    You know bro I do believe I have seen party propaganda taken to the extreme like this before on several occasions......but I could have sworn all of those instances were from the conservative republican party.....?
    Usually not... I mean, it's fairly evenly divided. Especially getting right up close to an election. Both parties do it. And thanks for agreeing with me that this particular video is bogus.

Thanks
    I remember hearing on some radio show how America fits into like 7-8 out of the 10 communist planks. I found that interesting. I find it useless to argue politics with most people, it is so hard to change anyones mind unless they are open to change.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by grand
    I remember hearing on some radio show how America fits into like 7-8 out of the 10 communist planks. I found that interesting. I find it useless to argue politics with most people, it is so hard to change anyones mind unless they are open to change.
    Maybe stalinist but "communist" definetly no.
    In the US communality can go to hell, no labour organization, no real proletariat organization, etc etc etc.
    DON'T CLICK THIS

Thanks
    This link was similar to what I heard on the radio, I dont agree with all of it though, I could see America going this direction. link

Thanks
    Communism???? Okay now we are reaching.

Since we are all posting political propaganda links you must check this one out, if only to hear the song: http://boss.streamos.com/real/virg00...eid=artistsite

And back to the morality question if we inherited morals from the Judeo-Christian God where did all the other religions in the world get theirs?

Thanks
    A online forum is so difficult to discuss politics, anyways that video was interesting and I agree with some of it.

Thanks
    Yeah in one form or another!!

Then there is the gray area, I mean some examples only apply to some aspects.

Thanks
    Rock on Mike Malloy.

Thanks
    Agree or disagree, it still looks really cool..

http://www.knife-party.net/flash/barry.html

Further reading.
    "Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed, The world in arms is not a way of life at all, in any true sense. Under the cloud of threatening war, it is humanity hanging from an iron cross."

...I have a sketchbook?

Thanks
    Is he trying to talk like comic book guy off the simpsons?

Thanks
    another bias video, its a dam cool video i might ad, it does give good points but they are all 1 sided, not that any of this shit matters, this world is fucked, i dont see us living past another 20 years before we wipe ourselves out

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast