Thanks

The steam/hl2 nightmare

Ok ive been trying to hook up Half life 2 on a computer now with 56k connection, and everything ive done so far feels really fucking unnecesairy, and over kill.

Why All the trouble? no warez? well i hope someone cracks this so i dont have to go through this again, really pissing me off.

Oh btw, now im trying to start this for the first time and it takes forever, do i have to go through this again EVERYTIME I WANT TO PLAY IT?

good god, what have they done. Maybe i shouldnt bitch about it since im on a 56k modem but god damnit, when it says that it finished the installation wohoo i got happy now i can play my new game....no.... now i have to wait for steam to update..., is it finished now?...no....now its doing something else that takes 40 minutes to do...i hope its finished after this or im giving up, i rather play a console game then having to wait 30 minutes everytime i want to play this game.

God hope im wrong, and when im finished on this computer i want to play the game on MY computer wich also has a 56k modem, and do i have to go trough all this again or can i just log into steam and play it?, feels almost like im playing an online game and all there was on my disc was the steam installer and some other bullshit.

sorry for the rant.

peace out

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    i know the hl2 installation is fucked up. it took ages even with dsl.
    but you'll enjoy the game when it's installed. i have become addicted to cs source... better dont start playing it or you wont stop

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Lim
    i know the hl2 installation is fucked up. it took ages even with dsl.
    but you'll enjoy the game when it's installed. i have become addicted to cs source... better dont start playing it or you wont stop
    same here, installing it on the day it came out was a BITCH!
    Do you know the muffinman?

Originally Posted by creatix
    Once you understand what the word "stupid" means - age is no longer a valid excuse for being that way.

Thanks
    Funny, I had no problems whatsoever.

You should be able to back up all the downloaded content to a CD/DVD so oyu don't have to d/load it all again. The option should be right there in Steam.
    ...so what if i'm bored, and ordinary?...

currently playing: Super Mario 64 DS, ICO (grrrr....)

Thanks
    did he just put hl2 and 56k in the same post?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,309 Times in 389 Posts
    I had no problems like that at all, but then again I never touched the game and played space invaders instead
    Jamen jag tror att han skäms, och har gömt sig. Vårt universum det är en av dom otaliga spermasatser som Herren i sin självhärliga ensamhet har runkat fram för å besudla intet.

Thanks
    Honestly, I have beyond given up on HL and CS the amount of hackers is beyond words now. The gameplay is next to unreal2003 and the maps are the SAME!!

Thanks
    theres a way to disable the internet connection part of it so you can just play. Search for that. Also HL2 was not made for 56k people. It'll take you ages to get all the shit you need.

Thanks
    first off you need cable dsl to beable to get arround the long DL times. theres no way arround it. sorry. but on the plus side after the initial DL you may only need to do it once a month from then on. its depends on how often they update the game.the time you do it will affect it too. at a popular time ( friday saturday nights are a bad time for a 56k) try a monday morning and it should be a lot faster since thousands arent trying to dl at the same time.

also steam is about to have an update and have an anti hack thingy. if you're caught its an automatic yr suspension from steam. no way to get out off it but to rebuy the game or wait the yr to play. dunno how well its gonna work but i have my hopes it will take out or scare off most of the hackers... i dont think they get them all but you can always hope

also some of those you think are hacking arent necessarily hacking. ive met a few people who are just so damn good from playing 24/7 that they can be 30-5 no problem.... sucks but hey it happens. also i play in the hambone server that uses only player made maps and the server they host the maps on is super fast so dls take about a min. the maps are really fun compared to dust and aztec over and over again
    -=[ Sinister Six Sketch Group ]=-
    -=[ Cookiedough Fooxoo |ntern Hyver Character Evildisco]=-