Thanks

...on referance pics...

...Is it considered "okay" in the art-world to use Poser for referance. I got my hands on a copy at school, and have been priting referance pics from there.

My question is, I see a lot of Poser bashing whenever someone uses it, so, do people use it for refs, and is it actually a very good source of refs.

I find it great for odd poses, as opposed to searching through a bajillion places, but I was wondering on your thoughts about whether that is "acceptable" or not.

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    The thing you have to remember about Poser is that, whilst the proportions might be accurate, the poses (ironically) are not. They may have improved it since Poser 4, but certainly, the way the anatomy and muscle groups work is not accurate. Poser can't, for instance, take into account that there is a bone structure within that polygonal mesh, it just uses vertex weighting to move the body parts.

It's close, but no cigar.

Save up for life drawing classes, it's worth so much more than a Poser licence imho. :chug:

Thanks
    Unfortunatly, Life Drawing classes are out of the question. There was problems with High-Schoolers taking all the spots instead of Colledge Students (It's at the Local Colledge) and so they don't allow High-Schoolers.

I see what you mean about Poser not having bone and muscle structure, though.