Sketchbook: P E N R :update may 2nd: - Page 27
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 27 of 32 FirstFirst ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 LastLast

Thread: P E N R :update may 2nd:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi

Ok guess what happened today...no...Ok I tell you... I turn on the telly and see some dude doing a bargue drawing and being interviewed ...hm I think interesting so I keep watching...then all of the sudden who do I see drawing in the background, well you know of course...someone is now known from TV anyway keep going strong.

My sketchbook flawed to the max page 5
    Ps:Hope you understand my English.
    Remember my advices taste best with a grain of salt.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,208 Times in 438 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Yeah... The Bargues look great... But it's your figure drawings and moleskine sketches that are really interesting. And they are good. Man. Really good.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Good stuff. It's lovely how you don't let the training dictate the way you draw outside of school...

(Haha, apparently sitting at an atelier in Sweden equals TV TIME. )

Vraahl is offline genius redhead draftsman / PAINTER Level 1 Gladiator: Andabatae
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hahaha, wonderful! You've just changed my whole perception of reality. Comparing the stuff with which you started this thread to your latest work (both the stuff here, and the things you're doing at school)... well, what can I say? Amazing!
    You really inspire me.
    I need to get cracking!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    loving your pencils! Your values are really really tight, pure awesomeness

-----------------------
    Available for freelance work! contact me via : cgrobelski@gmail.com

PORTFOLIO

cgbrush.org

deviantart

Follow me on Twitter!!

aaaaaaaaand

friend me on Facebook!!!!

.....bitches!

Finally Finished

Da sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey!
    Nice landscapes, both the painted and drawn ones! And you´ve got some really nice rendering skills with pencil.

Just out of curiosity, do you guys get csn support at florence academy? (We don´t at atelier stockholm, not yet anyway.)

Looking foward to more, from and from outside of school!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Nice values man, your painting skills are coming along too.

SSG 37

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi everyone, sorry for lack of updates, I guess you guys just have to wait until the end of the trimesters for huge updates. Been scanning some studies and school work today. Please share your thoughts.

tokotewhero: Thanks for the kind words. You're welcome back anytime to share your thoughts.

Chris Noeth: Thanks Chris, glad to be able to inspier. To see peoples sketchbboks from start to finish can be really encouraging. Helps me atleast

Dished: Kind words, glad to hear. The drawing you linked to actually got sold at an exhibition a few weeks ago, so I guess more than poeple like you are of the same opinion. Welcome back to point out more drawings

katinki: Thanks. I'm trying to find a balance between that, loose but tight... works for some people.

dCepT: Hey Fredrik, been waiting for you to come over now. Where are you? You're most welcome anytime. Would bee cool if you came over and we tried to get more people from ca to join in. Always fun to hang around creative artists.

Hive_minD: Hey Chris, glad to hear that, hope you drop back in now when I finally update. Everything is fine, been a good trimester, feels like I've gone through lots of "aha- moments". And one more of those casts then it's finally time to bring out the brushes. So I guess I'm progressing. Can't wait to get the time to start my own projects.

Mischeviouslittleelf: Thanks, glad to hear that you think so.

maxetormer: The mexican mayhem. Nice to hear that, yeah I think my understanding of form and light has grown enormously since I began at the atelier. And it keeps the memory library fresh, which is a good thing.
    Seen some of you new stuff rolling by at different places, just yeaterday I saw some stuff at gorillaartfare. Good job man.

Slamdanc3r: Hey Richard, what are you waiting for, move your ass over hear from deviantart soon. You got lots of time over the holiday. Anyway, thanks for dropping by and good job this trimester.

Dizon: Thanks man.

Vraahl: Thanks Valdemar. Well you are already cracking, so what more can you do. Hope you won't feel lonely at the school during the holiday.
    Anyway, thanks for the kind words, keep pushing me.

Mindflaw: Hey Erik, Haha. Small world we live in. yeah, I was just scuring away to keep from getting interviewed And I did a damn good job to.
    Two days after the newspaper had a two page interview with the teachers.
    It was actually Zaphod who told me about it.

Serpian: Thanks, yeah bargues are bargues. They don't come in that many versions. Glad you like my sketches. Yeah it's always nice to do other stuff than the projects we do at school. Hope you had a good term in stockholm.

dmitri: Eventually they'll grow together, I notice how both ways of workinga re effecting my school work and sketching more and more. So give me a few years and we'll see where it ends up.
    (Better to be on tv then infront of it. )

Gloominati: Thanks, actually this is the first trimester I feel I've done a good job with the values. And that means I've started to get a hang of the drawing.

Schmull: Thanks, landscapes are great fun to do, good meditation.
    I think drawing with pen helps pencil reandering and preciseness a lot. I recommend reading about how Andrew Wyeths got thought from his Father N C Wyeth. Good read about art education.
    No luck with c sn yet, heard something about that they were going to re structure the whole art school part. Crossing my fingers.

Nam: Thanks, looking forawrd to get more painting done.

QUESTION: Whats up with this whole fill in the catigory and stuff, thakes forever to upload artwork? Got to see if there is an easier way to do this... So this is it for now. Two first cast and my latest figure drawings.

Attached Images Attached Images        

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to P E N Ricklund For This Useful Post:

Newman101 is offline The destroyer of assorted cheese wedges Level 5 Gladiator: Myrmillo
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    wow, great stuff man. I love your lighting and anatomy. Great stuff keep it coming.

*New Sketchbook* Come stop by :3

*SKETCHBOOK*(old)

I am currently looking for a mentor to help me improve my sketch book. Either that or lots of crits and suggestions to help me improve my skills.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,839 Times in 633 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    How... how long... were these? O_O Man. Awesome work there. Great, great values and superb rendering D: Keep it up!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Awesome bargues! You're really getting scary good! I've seen art galleries selling that kinda work, only total crap compared to what you do, for insane prizes... Maybe you should come on over here, and I'll try to hook you up with a gallery... haha

Oh... the fill-in-the-categories-thing, I suspect, is CA's way to protect artists from the orphan works bill... I fill 'em in happily for that reason.. .hehe

dC

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    holy crap! this is awesome! the sense of light, value and form are great! keep it up
    5*

Grab your pencil, grab your dream!
    My Sketchbook - Blog - Fineart Blog

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Newman101: Thanks, yes I think that's the two aspects I've been focusing on, light and form. I'll leave the tap on

algenpfleger: Hi, nice of you to swing by. They are 5 week studies A2 size. 3 hours a day. Figure drawing during the morning then cast drawing 3 hours in the afternoon. So the projects been walking hand in hand.
    Thanks, it's a challange to capture as precise values as possible on a long pose as the light is different each and every day. Especially here in Gothenburg where it gets light first at 11am.

dCepT: Hi friend. Thanks man. I'm glad I'm doen with the bargues, they are slow work, but the work pays of. The casts on the other hand is more fun, now I can design and chose more how I want to descibe the form and light. It has been very awarding. If you know any gallerist give me a shout. Good extra money for a student.
    I guess I'll just have to post in small amounts. To bad that I've scanned two sketchbooks.

Call0ps: Thanks, I'll do my best.

Uploaded a small amount of studies I've had time to do during weekends and evenings.

First a small landscape sketch from my kitchen window.
    Name:  lowrezGothenburg harbour.jpg
Views: 1524
Size:  310.8 KB

These are some portraits me and some friends been doing during weekends.
    Name:  henrikportrait.jpg
Views: 1521
Size:  70.1 KB
    Name:  lowre_ellen_henrik.jpg
Views: 1520
Size:  74.8 KB
    Name:  lowrerussianjackie.jpg
Views: 1511
Size:  76.4 KB
    Name:  lowrekosack.jpg
Views: 1944
Size:  108.3 KB

And a little sample of evening figure drawings.
    Name:  lowrezUntitled-7.jpg
Views: 1930
Size:  97.9 KB
    Name:  lowrezUntitled-8.jpg
Views: 1495
Size:  91.3 KB

Last edited by P E N Ricklund; December 18th, 2008 at 04:43 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Killing with those pencils...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Love the latest portraits and figure drawings

Thanks
    Thanked 1,415 Times in 594 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Very nice work pencilator !
    It's great to see you progressing so well since the first time ive seen your work. The portrait are super good, and helped me realise something about values and edges that i kind of forgot with time. Thanks a lot for the reminder
    And please keep updating ! It's a real pleasure to see your work !
    Hope all is well for you !

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I have a few things to say about this!

WOW!! You are amazing! Your pencildrawings are just awesome, and your digital kicks ass to! You have made such progress in your work, makes me wonder why I'm slackíng. Well anyway, keep up this superb work!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Loving those portraits! And everything else. Haha.

Keep working dude!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    dude, god damn, amazing body of work. Really digging the first and second batch of pictures, the heads are really solid even if they're not as finished as the cast or the figure drawings. Really impressed man, amazing improvement.

Keep on sharing.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Pencil work is like done with camera

sujak nx

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    your pencil work is incredible. great control over value. =)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    You just keep on evolving, don't ya?! It's humbling to see your dedication, bro! You handle on value and the way you observe form is awesome!

Keep crankin', and thanks for stopping by my SB! Appreciate the crits!

dC

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Mr.Juicy: Thanks.

Sonaj: Glad you like them.

DanielC: Hi Daniel, can only say the same about you, it's crazy to see you progress during the last years. Truely is inspiering. Please share what you remembered, maybe it's something i haven't been thinking about for a while. New ways of thinking is always nice. I'll keep on updating when I have stuff to show or the time.
    And every things just fine.

Dolleater87: Thanks man, well, it's never to late to begin. I have a few classmates that are well over 50, and they're doing crazy progress. So better to start today rather than tomorrow. So get starting.

PieMonster: Thanks, will do that.

Diego: Thanks diego, cool to see you swing by. Yeah it's always a challange to keep up with the time limit. But yeah, I think everyone could do this if they got the enough amount of time. And the funny thing is that you could work on these things forever. The eye just gets more and more sensitive and sees more and more for every project.

throtailer: Hopefully I can learn to do it better than a camera.

*ViRuS*: Thanks, it's getting better and better atleast.

dCepT: Hey man, glad to see you swinging by again. Yeah studies really help to train the eye and the way of analysing the visual impression. Just come over and I'll share with you. And get cranking during the christmas holiday, lots of movies watch and sketch to.

So time for some imaginative work today, some stuff from the last few weeks.
    Still try to do these as often as possible, it's not all god just to do school work.
    Name:  paintfather.jpg
Views: 1400
Size:  133.7 KB
    Name:  dudessmall.jpg
Views: 1391
Size:  103.1 KB
    Name:  sharp.jpg
Views: 1388
Size:  82.4 KB
    Name:  investigator.jpg
Views: 1382
Size:  70.7 KB
    Name:  bodies.jpg
Views: 1394
Size:  126.9 KB
    Name:  collector.jpg
Views: 1389
Size:  121.2 KB
    Name:  blessedfin.jpg
Views: 1379
Size:  120.0 KB

26. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to P E N Ricklund For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    love pretty much all of it! especially the studies of late with black backgrounds, awesome values..

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Great update man, your imagination stuff is getting all the goodies/benefits from the studies, values, contrast, that's the way. The squarish feel/straight lines in the figures is something i'd try to avoid, makes the figures less dynamic than what you're trying to achieve and the sense of rhythm gets lost too.
    The last three creatures are cool as hell, but i see the same range of values in the whole body and you could try to emphasise different areas/material with another range of values and make the designs pops more.

keep it up the great work dude. I'm fan.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    four stars my ass, this stuff is truly awe inspiring, I'm dam jealous of your progress man, you got far, and by the looks of it you will go even further
    ROCK ON!!

http://www.conceptart.org/forums/att...1&d=1229520799

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    DARYL: Thanks man, can only say the same thing about your stuff. Cheers!

Diego: Thanks man, hope the thoughts I wrote in your sketchbook helped. I guess both ways of drawing has its pros and cons. And yeah I agree some things get lost in the blocky way of drawing, I don't sketch like that, but when I'm trying to get a precise drawing down, that's the best way of finding the faults and making it better. Bridgman is a good example of how to use both ways, swoshy lines for the rythm and blocky lines for the form.
    And I'll think about how I can decribe tesxture better with values, need more studies in that area.

maxetormer: Hey, thanks for the thumbs up, I'll try to atleast. School truely give you the puch you need, just wish I could put this much time and disciplin into my imaginative work

Small update with some anatomy studies of the skeleton. Back to the basics. Helps to understand the structure of the human body better.
    Name:  hipster.jpg
Views: 1340
Size:  119.6 KB
    Name:  hiptotorso.jpg
Views: 1333
Size:  89.4 KB
    Name:  itsallinthehip.jpg
Views: 1329
Size:  108.6 KB
    Name:  anatomypelvis.jpg
Views: 1368
Size:  70.9 KB
    Name:  anatomytorso.jpg
Views: 1753
Size:  100.0 KB
    Name:  anatomyrest.jpg
Views: 1318
Size:  117.3 KB
    Name:  cold hand.jpg
Views: 1778
Size:  112.8 KB
    Name:  muscle.jpg
Views: 1318
Size:  63.9 KB

31. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to P E N Ricklund For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    that skeleton hand is beyond badass. nice work =)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    killer work. really awesome progress. very delicate handling of shadow /light edges. 5 stars!

Page 27 of 32 FirstFirst ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 27