Art: Watercolor & Digital

Join 500,000+ artists on ConceptArt.Org.

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks

Watercolor & Digital

Havent really posted here in the finished section b4... never had a chance to finish any of my work.. but any way this one seems to be not half bad..

CA Online Sketchbook
    --------------------
    Serg. S
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Hey, great work, really interesting idea. At the moment the big guy in the foreground doesn't seem to be part of the rest of the piece, because of that sort of blue tint behind it. A good example of this is where the his shoulder to the left of the piece has a really hard edge and doesn't really flow into the rest of the painting, e.g. the background.

The foreground figure also seems a bit dark to me, but that just me and I don't know what you were thinking when creating the piece. I would have liked some more the interesting details you have in the face, shown through the upper torso, neck etc.

Other than that I really like the piece you got going, very interesting. Keep it up!

Pencils before Pixels....in theory..
    savii - the sketchbook

Thanks
    Thanked 2,265 Times in 736 Posts
    Eeep! This is quite scary! In a good scary way! Lovely rendering, and those eyes.... those eyes....

Thanks
    Hoping for some more feedback here

CA Online Sketchbook
    --------------------
    Serg. S

Thanks
    Do you feel you managed to accomplish what you had intended with the piece? To me the format seems suitable for something like a character selection icon in a fighting game. If this happens to be the case, the way the character is cordoned off from the rest of the composition by hard edges and smoke outlining is O.K.

Somehow the mix of digital and watercolour feels right. Even the wrinkles in the paper and the scanner highlights...the only thing that's distracting for me is the beveled edge at the top which isn't quite perfectly horizontal.

This may be just the way i'm reading it, but this character's expression and puppydog eyes make him look potentially friendly albeit somewhat apprehensive and shy. If you do decide to add more details to the upper torso, etc, I would keep it as subtle suggestion rather than the same treatment as on the face. The reason for this is that the face is a busy focal point, and a more subdued torso allows the viewer's eye to move to and from center fluidly.

Congrats on your first appearance in the Finished Section!

Why do you get all the lunch in the world?

Become an accountability partner in my struggle to stop sketching on lined paper, click here.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.