Distress....continued
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Distress....continued

Hi all

I posted a "finished" work and got some advice so I decided to carry on with it here. I am trying to be more dynamic and easy ...not as rigid .
    The other post is here:

http://www.conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=40131

c&c welcome
    [IMG][/IMG] [IMG][/IMG]

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I was following the other post, as well, and besides the anatomy issues, you need to first decide what you want us to feel. In the simplest sense, this will determine the camera angle (low or high). Then, what is she feeling? This will detemine her pose and expression. Get up and act it out. Over act. Look in the mirror and make the expressions. Over do it. Combine these so that they jibe. Right now she looks tired (bent over) and surprised (eyes wide). While this happens, it doesn't represent the most dramatic moment. It's actually the moment in between the two possibilities.

It's also important to define the lighting and work out the values. Obviously, you haven't gotten to that point here, but in the last one, there was no identifiable light source.

Keep going, these are getting better.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    thanks for the advice

i have tried to start to tell a bit of a story here ....still having problems with anatomy

thanks

brett[IMG][/IMG]

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I'm seeing progress Bekay!

You will definately find better examples of process than mine. However since this excercise is good for me too:

Obviously I'm skipping some steps here but hopefully this will help. Start by working out your basic shapes. I forget who I learned this from but using the three ball system works for me. The trick to doing really good work is to resist doing details as long as possible. Work on the idea (what dogfood was telling you) then general composition (include the invironment in this if you are going to do one), then values, then the bigger features, then smaller and smaller.

I see real potential in your work, take the time to learn everything you can.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks guys

i will carry on doing the basics.....i tend to jump ahead to the details without getting the basics down.

brett

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I also don't think this is much help, but was going to save about a thousand words. I started with a gesture line (in green), then defined the body twist (in red) and used some quick construction lines to set down the proportions and anatomy. Her right thigh is too long and there are several other anatomy issues (her left arm is all screwed up), but you can see how a little twist can give you many more options and make the drawing easier to do. The pose you selected is really tough to pull off. I'd also recommend getting a digital shot of yourself in the pose you want. It helps a lot.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.