Art: i'm new to photography...
Join Free Art WorkShopJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: i'm new to photography...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

i'm new to photography...

i've gotten started wiht photography, and i enjoy it alot.

here check out my photoshop edited pics i took.
    my evil twin, lol

and my best freind....

and a volcom tribute

Last edited by MuffinMan; March 9th, 2005 at 10:26 PM.
    Do you know the muffinman?

Originally Posted by creatix
    Once you understand what the word "stupid" means - age is no longer a valid excuse for being that way.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    photoshop is cool and all, but try something other than color replacement/tweaking and image overlay. try to get a really nice composition, could be a compostie of images, could be all in the shot.

also try analog photography, it'll definitely make you appreciate photography so much more. also don't use auto focus, it's all about manual when it comes to artistic shots (not saying AF isn't a worthwhile bit of technology)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by injection223
    photoshop is cool and all, but try something other than color replacement/tweaking and image overlay. try to get a really nice composition, could be a compostie of images, could be all in the shot.

also try analog photography, it'll definitely make you appreciate photography so much more. also don't use auto focus, it's all about manual when it comes to artistic shots (not saying AF isn't a worthwhile bit of technology)
    dude i am doing analog photography too.it's just that i'm borrowing the manual camera from school in my photography class, soon i'll have my own...how much does an analog manual camera cost? since more photographers are going digital, the prices are dropping on the analog cameras, right?

here's a photogram that i did.

Last edited by MuffinMan; March 10th, 2005 at 04:48 PM.

Once you understand what the word "stupid" means - age is no longer a valid excuse for being that way.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    cool photogram

yea, analog 35mm SLR's aren't too expensive for a good quality model, probably between 300-500, try finding an older nikon, canon or pentax that is fully manual, they're pretty good and fun to shoot with

i look forward to seeing your traditional stuff, i'll post some of mine up when i can (i'm also taking a beginning class)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by injection223
    cool photogram

yea, analog 35mm SLR's aren't too expensive for a good quality model, probably between 300-500, try finding an older nikon, canon or pentax that is fully manual, they're pretty good and fun to shoot with

i look forward to seeing your traditional stuff, i'll post some of mine up when i can (i'm also taking a beginning class)
    yeah, i want one of the old nikons. nikon is my personal camera favorite. what about konica minolta? those are decent. but i like nikon. i'll check on ebay for a good nikon camera or check at some stores or see if anybody i know has an old manual camera, my uncle used to be a photographer as a hobby, but he sold all that stuff..oh well, so i'm gonna have to look elsewhere and i need a job...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    where do you live?

if you're in socal, i can recommend some good places to check out

from what i've heard minoltas are pretty good cameras

a couple tips: if you buy used from a person make sure the shutters are in good working order (open the back panel and fire a few dry shots to see them open and close, make sure they don't bind up or anything b/c that is a really expensive repair) make sure it has a wide range of shutter speeds (from 4s to 1000 at least, some of the newer cameras take 8000 speed shots )
    make sure that there isn't any decay/rust on the pressure plate on the back panel

you may already know this stuff, but just lettin ya know if you don't

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    i've checked on Ebay for Pentax K1000s, it's the camera i'm borrowing from my school and it works real nice and has a light meter. still i'm looking for a good nikon wiht a alight meter and such. i have to have a 35mm SLR camera w/ light meter...

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.